16 replies to this topic

#1 Zito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 248 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

"Trump Walled". AKA "How the **** do I get out of the drop zone!" and "Oh crap, I went the long way around and I got left behind!"

I know we all hate this, but we need to remember the positives they offer..
  • Cover from drops ships while spawn killing.
  • The Trump Walls are only on the NA servers. Interesting.
  • Protect you from yourself by extending the life of your LRM Atlas.
  • Force you to learn how to use the command function to move you and your buddies to the better lance.
  • Act as fly paper to any lights who try to get you in your spawn.
  • Makes you learn the width of various mechs and which can fit through which holes.
  • Field tests the new collision system as teammates glitch through you as 4 mechs try to squeeze out the same opening.
  • Allows you to explore multi drop zones as you leave yours and mysteriously find yourself in another set of walls.
#BreadCrumbModule4MC

#2 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostZito, on 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

• The Trump Walls are only on the NA servers. Interesting.

I LOL'd :D

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

Bahahaha...Well done!

In some matches lately the most challenging part is finding ones way out of the DZ...

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 17 February 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#4 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Agreed. Whoever placed those walls did not beta testing. Many of the so called exits are blocked on multiple maps.

#5 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

any one see the walls on crimson strait build on to building blocking roads lmao

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

what i hate are things that look like openings but are in fact mech traps. if you get stuck in one you have no choices other than to eject and have people report you for non participation before you have time to inform then that you are stuck.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#7 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

what if the trump walls were there simply to give the enemy cover from drop ship lasers when they farm you?

#8 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

Mechs are going to come out of the drop zone, but they will come out 'legally'.

#9 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:51 AM

I'm getting a different problems. I can't leave the dropship. I get stuck at the screen where you select you mech. I select a mech the timmer goes down to 00:00 then resets to 29.
If that isn't enough fun I get stuck in one possition I can't move I don't have jumpsets on the mech so I'm stuck standing there while the enemy shoots at me.
What it's been doing lately is I get the drop preparation screen and I'm on the surface at the same time.. All very good reasons not to participate in FW

#10 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

View Postebolachan, on 17 February 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

what if the trump walls were there simply to give the enemy cover from drop ship lasers when they farm you?

you mean that wasnt their intention?. dropship OP

#11 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

Walls are OP. PGI please nerf.

#12 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

what i hate are things that look like openings but are in fact mech traps. if you get stuck in one you have no choices other than to eject and have people report you for non participation before you have time to inform then that you are stuck.

yes its annoying, but about the reporting part: why not inform them first and eject afterwards?

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostZarock, on 21 February 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

yes its annoying, but about the reporting part: why not inform them first and eject afterwards?

because logic and hyperbole dont mix.

#14 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

The walls should be the same height as the tallest mech so dropships can shoot attackers trying to use them for cover, and any defenders who stay in dropship zone for more than 1 minute should be destroyed, dropship zone should be an out of bounds with a 60 seconds countdown timer.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 21 February 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

The walls should be the same height as the tallest mech so dropships can shoot attackers trying to use them for cover, and any defenders who stay in dropship zone for more than 1 minute should be destroyed, dropship zone should be an out of bounds with a 60 seconds countdown timer.

you know those firebombs in living legends? i think the dropships need to carpet bomb the drop zone with something like that right before it drops mechs. you have until the next drop to get the hell out of there. you just need something more indiscriminate than a large laser to make sure nobody wants to stay in that drop zone a second longer than they have to.

this game needs more area effect stuff. real area effect and not that rpg style "splash" like what the cerppc does.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 February 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#16 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 21 February 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Might need more than 60 seconds....otherwise each side might lose a mech (maybe a few Mechs) in wave 1 as they attempt to figure out the maze PGI has created for them to navigate. On the other hand making it only 60 seconds would restore some comedy to the game, as pilots scramble to find a way to get out that first wave.

#17 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

The additions of QP maps to CW was a poorly thought out and even more poorly executed idea... For every player that it draws out of QP into CW it has driven another CW player (like me) away from the game. I have hardly played since the new FP came out... I've only been playing at all for the last month or so because of my Bushwacker and Supernova preorders... Once the newness of those wears off I'll probably go back to playing other games since I am bored to tears with QP maps and PGI's idea of fixing CW was to cram all the QP maps into the queue and take away Clan v Clan and IS v IS fights... We're getting less like Battletech and more like COD.... This game has nothing for me if it keeps straying away from Battletech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users