A Quad 'mech For All

Art

5 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

I apologize for the cuts, the scanner took some liberties.

Posted Image

ASLG-32B "Aslaug"

75T

12 Meters Tall
32 Meters Wide
9 Meters Long
Primary Armament:
x1 Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Beam Laser
x1 120mm "Hunter-Seeker" 10-Rack Missile System

Secondary Armament:
x2 20mm Anti-Infantry Coaxial machine guns
x4 Reinforced Walking Legs (Ramming, Trampling)

Tertiary Armament:
x1 Flash-Light
x3 Mounted Camera

The Aslaug was built as a stopgap measure for armies and mercenary units that were lacking Mechwarriors(you know, instead of actually fixing those issues). The idea was simple; build a Battlemech that could be used by a tank crew, and to this end the design was moderately effective. The turret atop the Battlemech could be manned by either remotely or by a gunner, with the loader being situated in the back of the turret to help fix jams in the LRM-Clips. The two drivers are in the lower compartment near the front, where a bullet-proof glass protects them from small-arms fire. One driver takes control of the coaxial machine guns whilst the other can use the rotating flashlight and cameras to view the underside and rear of the Battlemech. The commander normally sits behind the drivers with a radio hooked to the turret chamber. In a pinch, the 'Mech can be operated by two people; one on the gun and one driving.

An interesting aspect of the Aslaug's design is it's walking-pads. Rather then use the claw-like design on 'Mechs such as the Scorpion, the Aslaug's walking pads are meant to give the 'Mech as much stability as possible; each sole is constructed to allow it to gain incredible traction while on even flat surfaces, with separate partitions in the soles to allow them better flexibility. As such, the 'Mech is even more difficult to knock down then most other 'Mechs, even other Quads. As the 'Mech was theorized to encounter other Battlemechs in melee combat at some point, plenty of reinforcement was placed in the inner-structure and armor of the legs, particularly the front legs.

#2 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Honestly, this looks like something that would occur in that wonderful land known as the Periphery. I could see them doing something like this. Also, where is Juodas? I would think that he would be all over this, seeing as it's a Quad and all.

#3 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

I know right? I made this with him in mind, I really hope he likes it too!

#4 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

I really should try to make some original mech 3D models. There just aren't enough interesting quads in canon. I might take this on sometime.

#5 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostKilroy, on 21 February 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

I really should try to make some original mech 3D models. There just aren't enough interesting quads in canon. I might take this on sometime.

Go right ahead! But my only request is that you give it muted colors; navy blue, sage; real tank-y colors.

#6 MechStarX

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Umm its not a QuadCopter !!! I assuredly want to mix my NEW Hobby (Quad copters) with my gaming fun but I get it,,, all those fan boy lore folks would scream and cry "there's no quad copters in the inner sphere"

lol shadddup and try to lock on to my Quad copter light mech before I rain down missile terror upon your antiquated old buttt.

OK rant over see ya on the battle field oh wait you can't find friends on this damn game Never mind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users