6 replies to this topic

#1 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:07 PM

We all like to hate it, its ugly, its small, not a big loadout, expensive as hell, tons of problems. But apparently its an awesome plane.

#2 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 19 February 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I really think it was a bad idea to make it a single-engine craft. Redundancy matters.

I agree, mostly because ive been repeated all my life that dual engine has better survivability/redundancy. Though apparently it's only for malfunction and does not apply to combat damage and those malfunction arent supposed to happen anymore.

Unless you design with engine very far apart, when one goes down... the other too. If single engine means it can be stealthy for real by easily hiding the engine inside the aircraft then it;s a good choice in the end.

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

View PostProbably Not, on 19 February 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

And I'm sure there are definite advantages (besides cost, anyway) to single-engine craft.

Adding another engine adds size and weight -> larger aircraft. That weight needs to be compensated for by trust so you need more fuel -> larger fuel tanks -> even larger aircraft. Of course it will give you a better power to weight ratio, but in order to be able to use that power, and not suffer from a horribly small action radius, you need even more fuel -> biggestest aircraft..

This is not necessarily wrong (though like said could very much hurt stealth abilities) but you end up with an F-14 instead of an F-16. So both great aircraft but different roles.

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 19 February 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I really think it was a bad idea to make it a single-engine craft. Redundancy matters.

Meh, don't get hit. Viper pilots don't have an issue with one engine. Dodge ****. Go fast. ;)

#5 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

As much as I like small, fast, stealthy combat vehicles, the F35 just seems like a disappointment. Especially for the price.

The F35B on the other hand, I do not care what problems it has, nor how practical it is. It is awesome and nobody can convince me otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users