• Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 05 November 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Better idea.

Shut down Scouting.

Entirely.

Because it drags players out of Invasion.

Why would I want to run through chokepoints for 30 minutes, again?

Better idea: Shut down Invasion, do more scouting. Yay for brawling!

#22 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Or could just close all of Faction Warfare - I'm sure plenty of people would love that. :/

#23 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 February 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

cERML Ferret? Please... cSPL or go home. cERML duration too long for a brawl, and that is all scouting it.

That said if you want to do better, simply bring the better mechs. OP suggestion, not the best at all. These are the best, these kill. That is what scouting is about. Have one light to gather if needed and run any mix of the below, brawl it out - gg.

NOVA 1 - The DPS on this is absurd

NOVA 2 - Make sure you use the Heat Gen quirk arm.

NOVA 3 - Warmer, but if you can't almost insta torso a IS XL build, you're doing something wrong.

Huntsman 1 - straightforward

Huntsman 2 - even more straightforward

Huntsman 3 - just more outright dmg, straightforward

Huntsman 4 - undertonned a little. Can swap to streaks to fill out tonnage

Running around the map gathering intel pays POORLY. As in, you will earn sub 100k cbills. What a waste of 10mins that is.

Good builds, personally I fond the full prime nova with 12spl to work for me very well.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 November 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Why would I want to run through chokepoints for 30 minutes, again?

Better idea: Shut down Invasion, do more scouting. Yay for brawling!

So on that thought line; no more scouting, depending on where you are on the "tug of war" is when you get radar and such.

#24 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 November 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Good builds, personally I fond the full prime nova with 12spl to work for me very well.

So on that thought line; no more scouting, depending on where you are on the "tug of war" is when you get radar and such.

As long as the "invasion" modes include modes people do not like, whether it be scouting mode or that gen kill mode, if you consolidate everything into a single bar, you're just going to artificially limit when people play invasion or not. And if you randomize it, you'll just turn both types of players off. I don't just dislike the invasion mode, for example. I outright refuse to play Invasion mode because of the unpredictable risk of getting stuck in that chokepoint gen/cannon game mode. I find that game mode absolutely revolting and avoid it completely.

I am sure there are others who feel the same way about scouting.

#25 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

I usually run an either IFR or a NVA in scouting, depending on map and assignment (gather or defend).

Recently I started fitting my NVA with 12 micro pulse lasers and 4 heavy machine guns. Given that the effective range is only 90m the build works pretty well. It regularly sweeps a Bushwacker from its legs before it can return the treatment.
My biggest concern was the amount of face tank time you have to pull to max out the rate of fire, but interestingly the NVA is tough enough to pull it off.

#26 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:57 AM

Just like in regular FP, you may need to have your Solo drop scouting mechs and your 4-man mechs...

Brethren's Nova would be great as part of a team where it's understood that he wouldn't be tanking but act as the wrecking ball once the enemy is focusing on someone else, but I'm not sure I'd drop solo in that...

So sure, you can devise mechs to drop with that are universally applicable, but for the sake of experimentation I would consider your team (or lack thereof)...

#27 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 20 November 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Just like in regular FP, you may need to have your Solo drop scouting mechs and your 4-man mechs...

Brethren's Nova would be great as part of a team where it's understood that he wouldn't be tanking but act as the wrecking ball once the enemy is focusing on someone else, but I'm not sure I'd drop solo in that...

So sure, you can devise mechs to drop with that are universally applicable, but for the sake of experimentation I would consider your team (or lack thereof)...

Perfect example of a build that can be nasty in a team but is somewhat impotent if taken en mass or without coordination are ATM boats. If you have one ATM carrier and three brawlers, you can often stand beyond minimum lobbing death at the enemy - even occasionally one shot deleting people if they give you their back, but if you are not coordinated the enemy will head direct to you, making you absolutely useless in the fight, and forcing essentially a 4v3.

#28 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

One of the problems with FP in general is that people don't take it into account that you will often have solos vs premades and so the results have less to do with the quality of builds than coordination.

In other words you can think "Wow, ______ did so well in our loss, look how much damage he did!" but its all empty damage because he just used the other players for PUG armor and his builds are not conducive to winning.

Also, if you are a team vs a bunch of skittles, you could bring absolute shite builds and still wreck face, coming away with teh wrongful impression that you builds are actually good... discounting that teamwork is often waaaaaaaaaaay more important (excusing the lol-stomp scenarios).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users