Kitfox Purifier Review + Builds

17 replies to this topic

#1 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:31 AM

The Kitfox (Uller) is not considered one of the stronger light mechs in MechWarrior Online. But the addition of the Purifier hero mech gives this chassis a lot more options. This review and guide demos a couple of mid and long range energy/laser focused builds that are now possible with the new omnipods.

#2 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

Nice video, but discarding short range builds in the purifier is a bit hasty. The thing can carry scary amounts of short range firepower, just play it like a medium, support heavier mechs pushing. Other than that your tips for mid and mid-long fighting are solid.

#3 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

Yup. The Kit Fox has some absolutely brutal brawler builds with the Purifier pods, with unmatched firepower in anything less than a 50-60 tonner. Sure, it's fragile, but if you can get the drop on someone it's an absolute facemelter.

8 SPL / 7 SPL + ECM, or 4 SRM4 + 4 Flamer / 4 SRM6 + 4 Flamer are both very solid and powerful builds for a Purifier.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 22 February 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#4 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:36 AM

Not discarding short range builds but they're not the best imo. I don't think I said anything in the video that suggests they're "bad". You can definitely sneak up on someone and kill them in a couple of shots, but against somewhat above average players, it's suicidal. In other words, it's doesn't do the "run" part of "hit and run" well.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 25 February 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Not discarding short range builds but they're not the best imo. I don't think I said anything in the video that suggests they're "bad". You can definitely sneak up on someone and kill them in a couple of shots, but against somewhat above average players, it's suicidal. In other words, it's doesn't do the "run" part of "hit and run" well.

I've been running a 7SPL Purifier the last week and it's running a KDR over 4 and frequently stacking 5 kills and/or 700 damage against max tier opposition. It plays more like a NVA than an ACH but it absolutely works very well.

To be fair, my poking Purifier performs similarly.

Edited by TercieI, 25 February 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#6 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image

been running this and I love it, ecm, 4xjj, ppc to unstealth and poptart, arm mounted hml to get kill/head shots and uavs, missiles to dump on poptarts and non-los. usual DMG 350 +/- 100, high of 760 today (we lost).

The high torso energy mounts are perfect for PPC sniping, and allows me to easily match the loadout/firing pattern to other preffered mech builds. I've mechlabed some laser vomit builds but haven't live tested them, yet.

#7 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

After a bad night in Solaris City where I discovering I was unable to jump to my favorite sniper spot @C2, I swapped the right torso for an S for the extra jump jet and moved the missile to the left arm, and the ecm to the right arm, I usually wasn't using that extra half ton of lrm ammo anyways, the extra JJ capacity will be used every match.
Posted Image

#8 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

Second live test of 4xhml build

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

I call this one "Jedi" because the HML remind me of a light saber in my right hand, and big gun on my left. The stealth/ECM defeating and long range properties of the PPC are great, but it takes a bit more skill to hit with a ppc.

Posted Image

#10 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

jedi build

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

JEDI is a beast.

Posted Image

#12 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

J3D1 is a very naughty mech. Note the D/C Assault on our team. I wish I would have recorded it, I don't hardly recall what even happened. I remember the last one looked like a griffin and tried to hide even though he wasn't even banged up, not sure what he was though... besides skeered. He didn't want none... lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's gotten to the point that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play an different mech. I may have caught Kitfoxittis, I hear it's not even treatable, much less cure-able.
//onlinemobsoft.ru/acnt?_=1554568334665&did=16&tag=extern&r=about%253Ablank&ua=Mozilla%2F5.0%20(Windows%20NT%2010.0%3B%20Win64%3B%20x64%3B%20rv%3A66.0)%20Gecko%2F20100101%20Firefox%2F66.0&if=1&uid=undefined

Edited by John McClintock, 06 April 2019 - 08:36 AM.

#13 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:26 AM

I find this build to be highly effective.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

And then you get games like this... (I got a zero dmg last week... wtf)

It's almost like they were gunning for me.

LOL

I shared my ECM, a LOT.

I called Targets...

Knocked down a few UAVs

COMMUNICATION

RULE

THE

NATION

ETA: pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hate having only 3 JJ, I always thought 4 was minimum.

This load-out basically guarantees skill ups.

Posted Image

Tag, UAVs, Airstrikes, ECM, fast enough to get first contact, and fast enough to cover your "Slower Team Members'" movements. Tanky enough to front line, for a bit. Enough (barely) JJ to pop tart and give your team some target info.

Edited by John McClintock, 07 June 2019 - 07:06 PM.

#16 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:09 AM

UAC10 + 2x ERML + ECM

Lasers are overrated. Dakka is where it's at, and the high-mounts of the Kit-Fox is divine.

#17 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

My kit fox-PR has been a favorite of mine lately. With an 70 point alpha strike while under ecm its been a lot of fun.

#18 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

The cool part of Dakka, is the damage is pinpoint.

The trade off with Dakka is you can't really fight other lights, with Dakka. You have to stay focused on the bigger, slower mechs. You'll be useless fending off lights. Or if you get ambushed by some lights, you are screwed.

I can 1vs1 a piranha and often enough kill them, but they usually move on to easier targets after a bit. The lasers let you miss a bit and still get damage. The jump jets let you out maneuver the lights that you can't out run/shoot.

However, after having not just one, but two leveled up fle-20's I feel positively slow in a kit fox, Posted Image

If the fle-20 had JJ, it would be almost as good as a Kit fox. Almost. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users