6 replies to this topic

#1 Skrapha

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

So, who's as excited as I am about this film? In three months it will be released, and ill be one of the first in line. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, and though Prometheus wasn't as good as it could've been, I'm still very exited about the upcoming sequel!

Will Shaw be alive? Will she play a part in the plot or will she be a simple side note, killed off in a brief montage (like hicks and newt in alien 3).

I love the look of this film, it pays homage to the original alien film, which it should, and hopefully it will provide the answers we didn't get in Prometheus.

Anyway, What questions would you want answered in Alien : Covenant? Any expectations or predictions?

#2 Skrapha

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

yah, it was pretty bad....that's why im looking forward to covenant, hoping that it makes up for the travesty that Ridley Scott laid upon us.

#3 SeaLabCaptn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Not looking forward to it at all, and I'm terribly disappointed in the direction of the "franchise" (are two films considered a franchise?). I just watched the latest clip (last supper) and I can honestly say that there is nothing in it that hypes me. All I got from the trailer was the same feelings of disappointment I felt watching Prometheus. At this point they've screwed up the "franchise" so badly I'll likely never return.

I loved the Hitchcock suspense of the original, and the Vietnam undertones of Aliens. Everything after seems to be vapid "cool shot" setup films with no real depth. Typical Hollywood.

IMO "Get Out" looks like a better thrill ride.

#4 SeaLabCaptn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Agreed with 4, AvPs not any better (are we counting that schlock?). Honestly I'm unsure if I've ever seen 3 in it's entirety, it's just not worth sitting through IMO. I've seen the whole movie for sure, just not all at once.

Colonization mission with what appears to be a homosexual couple? Way too "in my face" with the statement here, especially when it seems to make zero plot sense. I mean I can appreciate where the statement is coming from, but where's the subtlety I enjoyed in Aliens? Is that supposed to be it with the choking/hemlichenschmack foreshadowing in the clip?

I'm guessing Shaw will appear to fill in time lapse, and that'll be about it. I'm willing to bet they learned their lesson from backlash over Newt and Hicks, and will avoid a simple narration epilogue this go round. I will concede, the look of the film is very nostalgic and keeps with the immersion that I loved about the first movie.

To be a total downer, cast choice misses entirely for me.

#5 OptionalPlayer

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 21 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

I still have hope for the film. I mean, it can't be worse than Resurrection or AvP.

Prometheus was bad, but at least it looked pretty.

This movie? It seems like it's in the right hands. I'm just hoping the film is more like "Alien" than "Aliens." I enjoy my horror over my action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users