- - - - -

Is The In-Game Mc Purchase Or Webstore Bundle A Better Deal?

Help Me Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hello: I'm a new player and the options to buy mechs are a little confusing. It took me awhile even to find the online mech store. Is there a consensus on whether it's cheaper to buy mechs with dollars online or with MC in the game? Does it matter if there is a mastery bundle for that particular mech as well as a webstore bundle? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

Edited by Artemis65, 22 February 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

This really depends.

'Almost' universally it is cheaper to buy them from the webstore. There are some exceptions, such as ones that simply don't exist in the webstore, or some Clan heroes.

Now the smaller or lighter mechs are, the more likely they will be cheaper to acquire with MC. This said most "packages" have 3 mechs for its deal. In the case of Kodiak, 20 for the three + 15 for the hero is still less than buying three Kodiaks with MC.

Even with 35% off the MC prices, when compared to the 15 dollar hero that can come with a package... most of them still came out to just pennies difference one way or the other.

This said, mastery bundles have 50% off, and include a number of other little tidbits like cockpit items and premium time. Compare them or share which ones you were looking at if you have doubts.

#3 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thank you that's very helpful. One I was not sure about was the Hunchback IIC, which I think has a mastery pack, and I am not sure of the webstore options. That one was more complicated becasue it may be only available with the Jenner or "A La Carte," which seemed expensive.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

In that case, you are certainly better off with the mastery bundle.
Since I have not heard of a HBK IIC mastery bundle, please be sure it is the HBK IIC and not the Hunchback.

They are very different.

Edited by Koniving, 22 February 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

View PostArtemis65, on 22 February 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Thank you that's very helpful. One I was not sure about was the Hunchback IIC, which I think has a mastery pack, and I am not sure of the webstore options. That one was more complicated becasue it may be only available with the Jenner or "A La Carte," which seemed expensive.

There is no Hunchback mastery bundle, however as you said can get 3 of them (including 1 with 30% cbill earnings boost) for $40 along with 3 Jenner IICs by buying the second tier of the Origions IIC pack (also gets you 12 colours, some cockpit items, and cammo unlocks with the faction content picks, as well as 1 week premium time)

to buy 3 HBK IIC for MC you would be looking at $45, however if you just want one the 14.95 MC pack would cover the cost of a choice of 3 varients out of the 5 varients, however it would not have a cbill bonus, and you would have almost no MC left over from that

I recomend you ether buy the Origins IIC Hunchback pack or buy with Cbills

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 23 February 2017 - 04:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users