Save Loadout Feature

7 replies to this topic

#1 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

Guessing this has been done to death, but MWO really needs a save loadout feature. I love tinkering in Mechlab and coming up with new builds, or else trying builds I've seen others use on Mechspecs or Youtube. However, it is an arduous task to maintain a personal database of all my previous builds, and it takes time to swap back to the old one.

MWO should have a save build feature. If you want to reapply an old build and do not have the equipment, you should get a notification:
"Some of the items in this build are not currently in your inventory. You will have to purchase them again to use this build. The cost is xyz c-bills.
Items:
*300 STD engine
*Double Heat Sink
*Medium Laser
Upgrades:
Endo Steel
Purchase / Cancel"

The player could then hunt for the equipment on another Mech or go ahead and purchase the components.

This would make it far easier to tinker with things in the Mechlab, as well as to play multiple loadouts that I enjoy. It would also shorten the time people spend rebuilding old builds whoch means more time in games. Please implenent a save loadout PGI.

#2 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

I don't see why it shouldn't exist. All they have to do is save it client side(With the abiilty to backup) and only save the one you are using server side(which it does now).

Edited by Arugela, 23 February 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#3 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Only reasons I can think of:
  • Conspiracy to get us to buy duplicates of Mechs (which is clear they want us to do based on the tweet that respec costs "support" owning multiple copies of a variant)
  • PGI doesn't understand that for many MechWarrior fans, the Mechlab is the best part of the game

#4 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

People have been asking for this feature, which all previous MW games had, for literally 5 years and they refuse to implement it. I check back once every 6 months to see if they have, but no luck so far so I am not going to download the massive update.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:39 AM

Definitly need a loadout save function and when the skiltree hits a save function for that too !

#6 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

So checking back in to see if they have implemented this feature yet? I quit MWO because it lacked this feature about 2 years ago and I really enjoyed all the prior games - and a big reason was the mechlab. However, without it I am not going to waste PC memory space on this game.

#7 Chaotic Entropy

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

It's kind of abhorrent that this feature didn't exist on day one considering the source material.

#8 XViper

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

Went looking for this feature.
Googled it.
Arrived here.....
Sadly disappointed. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users