Buy Nodes Per Chassis, Not Variant!

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Buy Nodes Per Chassis, Not Variant! (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Would buying skills per chassis instead make you interested in buying mech packs (again)?

1. Yes, though I would also buy packs with the current system. (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. Yes, definitely! (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Maybe, the skills have to cost even less for the same chassis. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No, I want to buy my mech packs skilled from the beginning. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No, I'll never buy mech packs after the system change. (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. No, Mech Packs need to be redesigned! / I never buy them anyway! (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

7. Neutral, a new skill system doesn't impact my views on mech packs. (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Excalibaard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

Short idea that has been floating around on the forums but didn't have a dedicated thread:

Instead of unlocking skills per variant, unlock them per chassis, for the current price. Other mechs of the same chassis, will be able to buy already unlocked skills for the 'respec price'.

There is currently no reason to get multiples of the same mech. The initial idea of the 'rule of 3' was that 'you become more experienced in the weight class/chassis' and thus develop new skills. This could be implemented as a bonus for new mechs rather than a penalty for those you already own by this simple change. If multiples of a chassis become easier to skill, people can more easily get access to specialize in the chassis they like.

This might also increase interest in buying mech packs which come with multiples of the same chassis though it's currently pointless. I've added a poll to see your opinions on this.

EDIT: Due to feedback, I've added two more options to the poll:

"No, Mech Packs need to change" is for people that would rather see the mech packs change from a multiples-of-chassis system to something supported by the skill system.

And of course there's the neutral option, which is similar to the first option, but implies no change of decision whether the skill system supports or doesn't support having multiples of a single chassis. "Yes, though I would buy mech packs regardless" is now for people whose decision would be (partially) impacted by the addition of a skill system geared towards multiples of a Chassis.

I hope this provides you with enough choice.

Edited by Excalibaard, 27 February 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Partly leading poll/incomplete. You need to add an option like "No, I will continue to buy mech packs regardless" or something for those of us that are okay with the new skill trees, like the option to buy new shiny to play with, and/or look forward to the option of having multiple mechs configured for different roles. (yes yes, so I may be the only one out there, but I like to vote in polls and this one lacks all options) :)

otherwise, interesting poll, look forward to seeing results

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

I choose the nonexistant option 6, I will continue buying Mechpacks I am interested in provided I can afford them.

I much prefer the option to skill per chassis rather than per varient with so many options on the skill tree, as there are several Mechs I own multiples of and play each completely diferant to the others.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 February 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

I think there could be a bonus system if you have multiple variants of one chassis or even of the same variant.
See my post in the signatur.
https://mwomercs.com...feedbacks-here/

BONUS for multiple variants of the same chassis or same variant!
Reduce the cost for additional variants of the same chassis by 33% (e.g. HBK-4P and a HBK-4G) and further increase the discount if you have multiples of the same variant (e.g. 2x HBK-4G) by total of 66%.

That way you give people a reason to BUY and OWN multiple variants rather than picking only one.

This also provides a reason for all the collectors who want /already own over 100 mechs.

#5 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

I don't find myself in the voting options.
There is no problem with the skills, but the packs will have to change. Currently they are built around the need of threaa variants of the same chassis. And in future, PGI will come up with something appropriate for the new system. Which people will then buy.

#6 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I'm still going to buy multiple variants of chassis I like. Having some leveling boost for it would be nice though.
And, regarding to mech packages... I stopped buying them because game's development stagnated. Such small details as leveling boost for multiple variants in upcoming skill tree are insignificant for me in this case. I was buying mech packs not because game forced me to with rule of 3 or heavy grind, I just wanted to try my favorite mechs sooner with some additional content such as colors and faction patterns.

#7 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Per chassis was my understanding and definitely where I hope this skill tree to be going. The whole reason I own multiple copies of the same variant is to have different customization on each copy.

#8 Taxxian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLeipzig

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

This is utter nonsense!

All the poll options imply the answerer dislikes the currents system and wants it cheaper... to be of any use the poll needs at least one neutral answer for people willing to try it out as PGI wants us to!

#9 Excalibaard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostMorggo, on 24 February 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Partly leading poll/incomplete. You need to add an option like "No, I will continue to buy mech packs regardless" or something for those of us that are okay with the new skill trees, like the option to buy new shiny to play with, and/or look forward to the option of having multiple mechs configured for different roles. (yes yes, so I may be the only one out there, but I like to vote in polls and this one lacks all options) Posted Image

otherwise, interesting poll, look forward to seeing results

I wrote this as the first option, but maybe I worded it wrongly. I wanted a clear distinction between positive and negative players (ergo, "yes, but I would buy mech packs regardless" instead of "No, I would buy mech packs regardless").

View PostTaxxian, on 27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

This is utter nonsense!

All the poll options imply the answerer dislikes the currents system and wants it cheaper... to be of any use the poll needs at least one neutral answer for people willing to try it out as PGI wants us to!

The poll was made in the assumption that a new skill system is introduced, which has a higher probability than leaving the current flawed system as is. As I've explained above, the wording might have been wrong.

Nevertheless, I've now added two requested options. thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll be able to find your opinion better now.

Edited by Excalibaard, 27 February 2017 - 08:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users