11 replies to this topic

#1 Sickario

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

Let's say I were interested in buying at least Standard Pack Supernova. I know the early adopter awards have expired, that includes the C-bills, decals, patterns, and cockpit items. However, the cockpit items are also listed as part of the Standard Pack (along with Mech Bays, Premium Time, title and badge). So is that an error or is it a question of quantity (in that I would have gotten more of the cockpit items if the early adopter package had been purchased on time)?

Secondary question to my fellow players, how do you like the Supernovas so far? :)

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostSickario, on 24 February 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Let's say I were interested in buying at least Standard Pack Supernova. I know the early adopter awards have expired, that includes the C-bills, decals, patterns, and cockpit items. However, the cockpit items are also listed as part of the Standard Pack (along with Mech Bays, Premium Time, title and badge). So is that an error or is it a question of quantity (in that I would have gotten more of the cockpit items if the early adopter package had been purchased on time)?

Secondary question to my fellow players, how do you like the Supernovas so far? Posted Image

Secondary question; can't answer.

Primary question:

List of goodies after the mechs themselves for just buying the pack.<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect pkg-mech-bays">
Mech bays
<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect pkg-prem-time">
Premium Time
  • x 30 Days (Banked)
<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect">
Items
  • 1 x Supernova War Horn
  • 1 x Supernova Standing Cockpit Item
  • 1 x Supernova Hanging Cockpit Item

Title and badge
  • 1 Title
  • 1 Badge
List of Early Rewards goodies...

Items

3 Cockpit Items (Different from the regular cockpit item)

Pattern

Applejack Pattern Unlocked for all Supernova 'Mechs

Decal

Mushroom Cloud

Decal

Orbit

Game Currency

6.5 million C-Bill Bundle

------

So, it is a different cockpit item.
The 1x or 3x for Standard or Collectors SuperNova package are certain new ones.
The early rewards one is yet another different unique item.

Any of them you can eventually buy in the MC store for your cockpits in the future.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

For reference:
When bought or "acquired":
Decals are unlocked for all mechs.
Colors unlocked for all mechs.
Patterns can be single use or unlocked for a specific mech chassis (or group of variants related to one make, i.e. Super Nova).
If the pattern is the default for the mech, i.e. the Collector version, the pattern is exclusive to it and exists as the 'default' pattern option, meaning you won't be able to use a normal variant would have had on it. Not that one would want to.

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostSickario, on 24 February 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Secondary question to my fellow players, how do you like the Supernovas so far? Posted Image

I don't own one . . all I know . . they taste like chicken

#5 Sickario

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 February 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Secondary question; can't answer.

Primary question:

List of goodies after the mechs themselves for just buying the pack.<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect pkg-mech-bays">
Mech bays
<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect pkg-prem-time">

Premium Time
  • x 30 Days (Banked)
<p class="pkg-col-detail-sect">

Items
  • 1 x Supernova War Horn
  • 1 x Supernova Standing Cockpit Item
  • 1 x Supernova Hanging Cockpit Item
Title and badge
  • 1 Title
  • 1 Badge
List of Early Rewards goodies...

Items

3 Cockpit Items (Different from the regular cockpit item)

Pattern

Applejack Pattern Unlocked for all Supernova 'Mechs

Decal

Mushroom Cloud

Decal

Orbit

Game Currency

6.5 million C-Bill Bundle

------

So, it is a different cockpit item.
The 1x or 3x for Standard or Collectors SuperNova package are certain new ones.
The early rewards one is yet another different unique item.

Any of them you can eventually buy in the MC store for your cockpits in the future.

Okay that makes sense, sorta (not a critique on your explanation as much as one of my ability to comprehend). Many thanks, I think I understand. I mean I won't truly understand unless I get a SuperNova package but I think I more-or-less understand what to expect.

If anyone can answer the secondary question I'd really appreciate it.

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

Regarding your secondary question:

It is a big, hot and slow mech with a max 325 reactor (max 62,5kph) --> limited engine heatsinks on an Energy/Missile boat.
The variance in its loadouts consists of energy hardpoints moved from arms to side or center torsoes or head.
Only two Variants are a bit different: Hero with 2 (one each) Arm ballistics and SNV-A with 4 Missile slots.

While I got the impression that its frontal profile is a bit more favorable than Warhawk or the humanoid Clan Assaults its still much more vulnerable than the MAD-IIC.

So compared to the 5tonns lighter MAD...well slower, hotter, more vulnerable --> me no buyPosted Image

#7 Sickario

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 25 February 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Regarding your secondary question:

It is a big, hot and slow mech with a max 325 reactor (max 62,5kph) --> limited engine heatsinks on an Energy/Missile boat.
The variance in its loadouts consists of energy hardpoints moved from arms to side or center torsoes or head.
Only two Variants are a bit different: Hero with 2 (one each) Arm ballistics and SNV-A with 4 Missile slots.

While I got the impression that its frontal profile is a bit more favorable than Warhawk or the humanoid Clan Assaults its still much more vulnerable than the MAD-IIC.

So compared to the 5tonns lighter MAD...well slower, hotter, more vulnerable --> me no buyPosted Image

Excellent info, thank you. I was looking up some of the builds and they're crazy (something like 8 ERPPC's, with a lot of armor stripped and heat management down to .8 ), I hope they're chain-firing those because I'd imagine an alpha being instant self-destruction haha.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostSickario, on 25 February 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Excellent info, thank you. I was looking up some of the builds and they're crazy (something like 8 ERPPC's, with a lot of armor stripped and heat management down to .8 ), I hope they're chain-firing those because I'd imagine an alpha being instant self-destruction haha.

Well....

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

Now I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since the topic is somewhat similar I'm dropping it here. Please help me make up my mind.
I'm personally peering over four options for instant delivery...

Super Nova
Marauder IIC
Linebacker
Bushwacker

Of these...
Line backer is an Omnimech. The rest are Battlemechs.
Bushwacker is an Inner Sphere 'Mech, the rest are Clan.
Supernova is the heaviest.
Marauder IIC is hailed with unparalleled praise at how it has effectively made several mechs obsolete and worthless (due largely in part to the lack of a sized hardpoint system; with hardpoints limited by size the Marauder IIC would never be able to remove the Warhawk from 'versatility').

Having compared them.... ignoring heroes and reinforcement variants...
I have to say I feel like I would have the most fun with the Bushwackers, personally.

Beyond the obvious for the MAD IIC, are there any arguments favoring for the other two? Or uncommon arguments for the MAD IIC?

If it helps... I actually prefer my mechs to be slower. I like arm-based weapons more than torso based weapons. I favor ballistics higher but am very good with all types of weapons.
Twist and arm range are things that appeal to me.
While it doesn't 'truly' matter, I like to be able to see my mech's arms from the cockpit with an FOV of 90.
If IS mechs with missile hardpoints have fewer than 20 tubes, it is very appealing to me as I prefer my missiles to fire in dual salvos or greater.

If I don't go for immediate delivery... Roughneck also looks fun to me.
Javelin's got the early adopters still going and if I went that route I'd get the pack plus the hero.

#10 Sickario

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostKoniving, on 25 February 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Well....

Okay I literally el oh el'd. That tear was such a nice touch, "Forgive me..."

#11 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostSickario, on 25 February 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Okay I literally el oh el'd. That tear was such a nice touch, "Forgive me..."

the B33f has many great videos, I would recomend checking out a few of his others if you enjoyed that

#12 Sickario

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 February 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

the B33f has many great videos, I would recomend checking out a few of his others if you enjoyed that

I definitely will, thanks. Not all heroes wear capes!

View PostKoniving, on 25 February 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Now I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since the topic is somewhat similar I'm dropping it here. Please help me make up my mind.
I'm personally peering over four options for instant delivery...

Super Nova
Marauder IIC
Linebacker
Bushwacker

Of these...
Line backer is an Omnimech. The rest are Battlemechs.
Bushwacker is an Inner Sphere 'Mech, the rest are Clan.
Supernova is the heaviest.
Marauder IIC is hailed with unparalleled praise at how it has effectively made several mechs obsolete and worthless (due largely in part to the lack of a sized hardpoint system; with hardpoints limited by size the Marauder IIC would never be able to remove the Warhawk from 'versatility').

Having compared them.... ignoring heroes and reinforcement variants...
I have to say I feel like I would have the most fun with the Bushwackers, personally.

Beyond the obvious for the MAD IIC, are there any arguments favoring for the other two? Or uncommon arguments for the MAD IIC?

If it helps... I actually prefer my mechs to be slower. I like arm-based weapons more than torso based weapons. I favor ballistics higher but am very good with all types of weapons.
Twist and arm range are things that appeal to me.
While it doesn't 'truly' matter, I like to be able to see my mech's arms from the cockpit with an FOV of 90.
If IS mechs with missile hardpoints have fewer than 20 tubes, it is very appealing to me as I prefer my missiles to fire in dual salvos or greater.

If I don't go for immediate delivery... Roughneck also looks fun to me.
Javelin's got the early adopters still going and if I went that route I'd get the pack plus the hero.

As a noob I can't be much help, but hopefully someone here will offer some sage advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users