Q: Do We Get The $$ To Level In The New Skills Tree?

43 replies to this topic

#1 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Since I've mastered quite a few mechs since 2012, I'm wondering if will we get the money to pay for the unlocking of the new skills tree nodes?
thank you!

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

You get full refunds for modules and gxp your spent on the modules. Nothing else.

#3 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 February 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

You get full refunds for modules and gxp your spent on the modules. Nothing else.

Don't you also get the EXP you spent back?

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostKira Onime, on 25 February 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Don't you also get the EXP you spent back?

Yes.

#5 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 25 February 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yes.

All in variant specific mXP
No GXP is refunded, it should be specified

#6 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

So I'll have to grind million to master my mechs. I have like 3 modules that came with some packs.

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

Okay. Here's the deal. If you bought modules for all of your Mechs then you will be refunded enough money to level them. If you did not buy modules for all your Mechs and you relied upon module swapping, then you'll not be refunded enough money to master all your Mechs because you have not yet spent enough C-Bill to master them.

Understand? If you have not yet purchased modules for all of your Mechs then you have not yet mastered all of your Mechs. You might install supercharger mounting brackets on all of the engines on all of the cars in your garage but if you don't have superchargers for all of your engines, then you can't say all your cars are supercharged.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 February 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#8 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 February 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Understand? If you have not yet purchased modules for all of your Mechs then you have not yet mastered all of your Mechs.

This is such BS. We used the system they gave us. We didn't exploit anything. They designed it that way.

If we were supposed to have modules for every single mech they should have made it that way to begin with.

Edited by Roughneck45, 25 February 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 25 February 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

This is such BS. We used the system they gave us. We didn't exploit anything. They designed it that way.

If we were supposed to have modules for every single mech they should have made it that way to begin with.

That orginal system was supposed to be scrapped years ago but they put it on the back burner. It was literally a stand-in for a skill tree. Absolutely nobody is getting ripped off by the new system because it applies equally to every single player. Your enemies are not getting a better deal than you. Nobody is getting ripped off because the term ripped off implies you get a poor value compared to somebody else.

I am personally very happy that I will no longer have to perform stupid module swapping.

The new system is much better for free players. Do you have any idea how much time it would take to grind all of the GXP needed to unlock all the modules without using MC conversion? And new players don't need to buy 3 of the same Mech to level up their first Mech. This new system is far better than the old system.

I know that I'll be getting a significant refund and it'll be more than enough to level up the Mechs that I currently play and many that I infrequently play. And the info Tech sensor tree is worth 30 million C bills on its own even though it only cost about 1.5 million or so to get all the nodes. (Used to be 2.2 mil, but they reduced the prices on all nodes)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 February 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#10 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

It's technically cheaper than the modules. Two weapon modules 6 mill, radar derp 6 mill, either another weapon module or seismic. So over 12 million. The new skill tree, assuming it's the 60k per skill they reduced it to and 91 skills, it'll cost 5.46 million to max. So technically you're saving and the new skills gives you bonuses the old one didn't have. However you have to pay for every single skill. Even the ones that are nothing more than filler to get to the better ones.

I wish they would shift some of the cost onto those oh so special former modules.

Edited by MechaBattler, 25 February 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#11 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

I too think the new system will be better. I'm looking forward to it. It will be better for gameplay and the new player experience. In its current state the people that are affected the most negatively are the ones who supported the game the most.

Its good that the 3 rule is gone, but no benefit to having multiple variants decreases the value of the packs and previous purchases.

Stand in skill tree, supposed to be replaced, doesn't matter. If they didn't want us to swap modules they shouldn't have made it that way.

Its okay that its a larger grind in the new tree, the modules were integrated into the system so their cost comes too.

I just think it a bit ridiculous that it will take a few billion c-bills to get the garage to where it was. I have 100+ modules, still not going to cover it.

If they give us a stacking cost reduction for leveling a mech every time you master a variant, problem solved.

Edited by Roughneck45, 25 February 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#12 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hopefully the GXP spend unlocking the skills to use the modules also

#13 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 February 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

All in variant specific mXP
No GXP is refunded, it should be specified

Nope, you get the GXP from modules refunded as GXP. GXP spent on skills for a 'Mech you get back as historical mXP for the variant in question.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostCathy, on 25 February 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hopefully the GXP spend unlocking the skills to use the modules also

Yes you do this is what I meant by the gxp for the modules.

As others said you get your mech XP of course :)

#15 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostGattsus, on 25 February 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Since I've mastered quite a few mechs since 2012, I'm wondering if will we get the money to pay for the unlocking of the new skills tree nodes?
thank you!

You will be refunded the value of any modules you have in your inventory and the GXP spent to unlock those modules.

For mechs, any XP/GXP you spent will be returned into a shared pool (HXP i think it was?) PER VARIANT that can then be used towards any mech of that variant.

I.e. If I have 3 Adders, two being Prime and one being an A. I will get a pool of HXP for what I have on the A, and a separate pool for what I have on the Primes. I can use HXP from the A on the A but not on the Primes. While with the Prime variants, I can use the HXP for either of them, but when I respec them after that, the XP will be returned to that specific mech and not the HXP pool.

#16 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

True they did make it that way but they never made it easy. They didn't really support people in module swapping.

#17 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Since I started grinding the SNV all I've managed is two XL-325s that I have to keep swapping and a bit of back and forth on the ferro/endo soak.

If I was also paying for skills with my match earnings (after consumables), ...ouch

TBO It would be a better game if there was no skills whatsoever. Imagine how dumb it would be if other arena games like Quake had "skills" that made your gun shoot faster, its hard to see why this game should be any different.

#18 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 February 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Okay. Here's the deal. If you bought modules for all of your Mechs then you will be refunded enough money to level them. If you did not buy modules for all your Mechs and you relied upon module swapping, then you'll not be refunded enough money to master all your Mechs because you have not yet spent enough C-Bill to master them.

Understand? If you have not yet purchased modules for all of your Mechs then you have not yet mastered all of your Mechs. You might install supercharger mounting brackets on all of the engines on all of the cars in your garage but if you don't have superchargers for all of your engines, then you can't say all your cars are supercharged.

Yeah, this is total bullsh1t. The cost of modules was always ridiculous compared with the cost of mechs and the benefits the modules offered, so buying a copy of every module you want for every mech was never even remotely sane.

Preach.

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

The new system is much better for free players.

I can't agree with this at all. Previously, free players could get some usefulness and value out of their mech XP without needing to sink CBills (which was almost certainly the limiting factor on expanding the size and capability of their mech collection) by progressing in the skill tree for each mech. Sure, it was a placeholder, but it was holding place for years. I think anything that holds place for that long qualifies as normal. Now, players won't be able to do much with their XP without additionally sinking CBills. Not cool.

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

And new players don't need to buy 3 of the same Mech to level up their first Mech.
And the info Tech sensor tree is worth 30 million C bills on its own even though it only cost about 1.5 million or so to get all the nodes.

Credit where credit is due: I'll agree with both of these. Getting rid of the rule of 3 is a definite improvement, and they did make the Info Tech tree very powerful relative to what we currently have.

#19 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 February 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yes you do this is what I meant by the gxp for the modules.

As others said you get your mech XP of course Posted Image

Cheers, I must have skimmed over this part, though I think it's far more important for it to work properly, it would have been a big hit for me personally

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

You do get refunded for both mech XP and modules, but keep in mind that the costs of the new skill tree have been inflated relative to the live server. A mech that has only been played right up until mastery in live will not have enough XP to master itself in the new skill tree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users