48 replies to this topic

#1 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

As the title said, I'm done with these braindead, piece of filth wasting a good heavy or assault slot with badly built machines or little **** stroking metawhores who think that their plan will work when it's the worst thing ever like the war on drugs.

And yes this is a rant, so you can just ignore this if you want.

At this point these so called "good" players (by hell fury in my heart), or players who know they can build their mech better and not do same stupid mistakes over and over but continue to walk this hallway of insanity. Just came out of an infuriating match where some genisus with and IQ of a single cell organism just convince the whole team defend the pass, in crimson you know the same pass that the enemy team could snipe, lurm or outright poke you from the safety of the platform. I told him let the lights handle it, but nope convince the whole team to turtle in a area that spell out death, guess what happen next a the whole enemy team went through the tunnel and flanked us, while their lurm boats just kill off the people watching the pass. After we got *** ***** by the enemy the genisus in his KDK 3 told me I was bad even though I'm in a non meta medium that can surivie escaping from Dire Wolf, Atlas , Supernova, and two lrms before getting CT, saying I'm bad because I'm not in ****** KDK 3 with it's superior sustain/burst dps, to my LBX 10 and 4x srm 6 man I'm so **** that I can compete with an God Tier assault.

I'm literly at the point I want to see the worse happen to these ****** palyers who think they are good or just outright a liabilty to the team, be swarmed by 100 locust and be killed over and over and over. I'M DONE SEEING USELESS ASSAULTS WITH **** TONS OF ARMOR AND SIT BACK 800+ METERS JUST FIRING LRMS, OR STAND AROUND WATCHING WWHILE MEDIUMS AND LIGHTS DO ALL THE HARD WORK AND THE ENEMY CAN JUST GET FREE KILLS BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THE ARMOR TO LAST WHILE HOLDING THE POSTION WAITING FOR FATTIES TO COME. I'M TIRED OF PLAYERS PICK THESE LONG RANGE COLD MAPS WITH THEIR RIDICIOULSY HOT BRAWLING BUILDS AND HAVE NO SENSE OF PUSHING TO THE ENEMY LET THEM POKE AND *** RUSH YOU.

I AM SO CLOSE OF ACTUALLY KILLING HALF MY COWARDLY TEAM IN A MATCH JUST TO GET RESULTS.

End of rant.

#2 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

Yep... and then talk $hit on you cause you ran forward to the position you had been calling them to go to all the way from Alpha lances spawn point to crash into and stall out the enemies push so they can finally get their $hit together, so you at least stop them from outright losing the match but only do 77 damage before you died in a blaze of glory. It is the extreme pain of piloting a Medium that I am relying on the terrible player in the Assault slot instead of the Medium slot which is not as bad as when I am in an Assault.

#3 BurninFinger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

I do it for training. Figure if i can make the 6 machine gun 9 flamer Dire Wolf work I can make anything work. The pink paint job is unconnected to this effort.

#4 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

You know, when i read such an aggressive rant towards other players, how bad they are and how they are throwing games, i usually feel tempted to check the leaderboard stats.

More often than not, i feel like the ranting person isn't contributing a whole lot to his team winning either, and should take a good look at himself before throwing rants towards others.

#5 Cyrion

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

Honestly, I've learned to just get a good chuckle out of bad assault pilots.

Like the other day in one match I had a King Crab on my side do 15 damage and a Dire Wolf do 9 damage. How do you do 9 damage in a Dire Wolf? I'd understand 0. That means you were disco'ed or you were so new to the game you couldn't figure out how to fire your weapons. But 9? You can Leeroy the enemy team and faceroll your keyboard on any trial mech and manage more than 9 damage. 15 on a KGC is pretty swell, too. Like they actually managed to land an AC20 shot, it just hit a portion of the mech that had already been destroyed by someone else or something along those lines.

Learn to love the challenge of constantly being at a 200+ ton disadvantage in SQ. Pretend that you're Aidan Pryde and you're the only one that can save the rest of your pals. Makes the games a lot more enjoyable. Posted Image

Also, I can attest that encouraging them over VoIP is awesome. Played a Bog match the other day and our entire team was dead except for a severely busted up Kintaro and a perfectly unscratched Warhawk, while the enemy team had one Marauder2C left alive. The Warhawk pilot was moving his torso, but his legs were facing a wall. Me and another guy were telling him to use his A and D keys to move his legs. It took him a couple of minutes, but he managed to get off the wall and start walking forward. We cheered him like banshees. Then the enemy Marauder comes around the central rock and starts down the steps towards him. So we're yelling at him to move his sights up and shoot, while encouraging the Kintaro to use him as a meatshield and finish this last enemy off. Worked like a charm. The Warhawk didn't hit a thing except the ground, but our Kintaro was able to finish the job and give us a win. I haven't heard that much whooping and hollering and congratulations on VoIP since I started playing. See, I'm sure that noob now has the confidence to go out and actually play the tutorial before getting into queue and will become a stone cold killer in short order. You gotta cultivate the potatoes, people! Nurture them. Fertilize them. Show them some TLC. Immediately turning them into french fries with your boiling oily rage and salt doesn't help anyone.Posted Image

Edited by Cyrion, 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM.

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 26 February 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

You know, when i read such an aggressive rant towards other players, how bad they are and how they are throwing games, i usually feel tempted to check the leaderboard stats.

More often than not, i feel like the ranting person isn't contributing a whole lot to his team winning either, and should take a good look at himself before throwing rants towards others.

Most of my matches is either me waiting for the 13min poke fest to be finish, or attempt to push into the enemy and force a brawl or follow a brave assault in a push. I don't say but if I have to I will, and the problem just get worst when I'm playing a medium and try to have fun leveling it, but nope it become a point right now that it's not either worth picking a medium and running, when I can pick my heavies that all of them are nearly elited or mastered within a few days because how easy to play them. I'm not even a good player but I know what I'm doing I'm just tired of people and their small **** stroking attitude or bads who don't fix themselves when someone give them advice or try to tell not use advance zoom within 400ms.

#7 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM

I don't know what is up with the heavies and assaults at the moment. Most sit back and hide and do not move at all cost. Today I decided to play a heavy and got a domination match. I and a light and were the only ones who were in the circle - and we were shot up badly because the rest of the team hid and sniped. Why? Simply because the mediums and lights were focused at once when they tried to advance while the heavies and assaults sat back. Some sniped, some did nothing at all.

Oh, we got them moving by leaving the circle. When the timer was at 10sec they suddenly were able to push...

View Postmeteorol, on 26 February 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

You really judge people by their leaderboard scores? What a mistake.
I saw some of those heroes using their comrades as meatshields and stuff like this. I prefer someone who pushes with me and ends up with a lower score than one of those guys because he is more valuable for the team.
Then there are things like leveling mechs, potato teams and many other factors to consider which lower scores.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 26 February 2017 - 01:24 AM.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

OP basically:

Posted Image

Solo-Q is a madhouse, so take a chill pill. If you are not playing as Assault mech then you should let others do their Assault things according to their design.

View PostBush Hopper, on 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

You really judge people by their leaderboard scores? What a mistake.
I saw some of those heroes using their comrades as meatshields and stuff like this. I prefer someone who pushes with me and ends up with a lower score than one of those guys because he is more valuable. Then there are things like leveling mechs, potatoe teams and many other factors

Unlike people, stats lie less. Besides, I judge the person over his entire 8 seasons worth of stats.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 February 2017 - 01:23 AM.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

Scouting mode is the future.

Really though, in scouting its all mediums and lights duking in out in fast paced brawls or a group of LPL Shadow Cats harassing a group of IS brawlers.

In general 4v4 is all about brawl all the time, 8v8 had a mix, 12v12 focuses on the poke and skirmish.

As for bad assaults, I've pretty much written off all King Crab and Dire Wolf pilots as "most likely to do nothing" after seeing about 90% of them have like 2 random large lrm launchers, maybe a streak, some ERLLs, random ACs or machine guns, and an assortment of other weapons and when confronted with an enemy they can't even manage to look in the enemy's general direction as they try to waddle away, usually directly into a wall.

At least the terribad lights die enough times that they either quit what they are doing or git gud, this usually leaves only die hards as light pilots. Sad thing is even pros in a light don't stand a chance against an assault or heavy with the same level of skill since they just die the moment that assault or heavy pops them with some frontloaded damage.

Matchmaker's trash in this game because muh buckets, so people quit the game eventually after being fed up with scrubs so the game slowly bleeds out. Because of many good players leaving or not playing much on their own because of all the bads, people don't team up as much since whenever they try to get friends to join they leave after seeing that no one in T5 can manage to walk and chew bubble gum.

Can we just get rid of tiers and have a casual or comp tick box that allows you to only select one at a time before dropping into a match?

#10 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

OP basically:

Posted Image

Solo-Q is a madhouse, so take a chill pill. If you are not playing as Assault mech then you should let others do their Assault things according to their design.

Unlike people, stats lie less. Besides, I judge the person over his entire 8 seasons worth of stats.

I judge people when I see them play and I trust statistics only if I've manipulated them myself Posted Image

Edited by Bush Hopper, 26 February 2017 - 01:32 AM.

#11 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:32 AM

Run in a group of 4 decent players

2 assaults and 2 heavies

????????

profit

#12 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

I think the problem is that the PSR don't count in the mech class you play. There are some Assault pilots I fear and some of them are deadly good. I respect them and want to thank them, that they carry their weight. Playing an Assault comes with a great responsibility. I would anytime scarify my med mech to save the live of an good assault pilot because he can carry the entire team.

For the same reason I don't play assault, because the responsibility is much higher than playing a med.

However, I think some assault pilots simply catapulted from lower tier into at least Tier 2 by using Assaults as pure LRM carrier. With high damage numbers using LRMs in lower tiers they get high scores and therefore raise fast in ranking. Those assault pilots than score quite lower because LRMs are less effective as more you rank up.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 26 February 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Can we just get rid of tiers and have a casual or comp tick box that allows you to only select one at a time before dropping into a match?

Then you have people complaining about comps farming casuals to pad their stats etc...

#14 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

One of the lessons every MWO player should learn(1) is to avoid relying on teammates as much as possible.

The second is to take advantage of their stupidity. Eg, use them as meat shields or bait when they do something particularly stupid.

(1) as with most cases of 'should', most players never do learn this

Edited by Zergling, 26 February 2017 - 01:40 AM.

#15 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 26 February 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Run in a group of 4 decent players

2 assaults and 2 heavies

????????

profit

I wish I could run a group but since my work and sleep schedule is extremely differnet from them I most likely not see any my friends or unit mates.

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

OP basically:

Posted Image

Yes let them waste a assault mech slot by staying as far back with some lrm's waiting for lazy locks and do jack all match til a single medium that's half dead crush it like a baby, or stand around and wait of the gates of hell flood right through him when need that atlas or kodiak to help push.

#16 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Then you have people complaining about comps farming casuals to pad their stats etc...

Eh, preferable to what we have.

#17 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:40 AM

View PostZergling, on 26 February 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

One of the lessons every MWO player should learn(1) is to avoid relying on teammates as much as possible.

The second is to take advantage of their stupidity. Eg, use them as meat shields or bait when they do something particularly stupid.

(1) most players don't

Then I should kill them off in the beginning of the match, and take on the whole enemy team. I'm a teamplayer first and if I want to beomce selffish I would be constantly suciding or do nothing the entire match and just read til 13mins of poke fest is over and power up from a corner and start hunting half dead mechs.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 26 February 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#18 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 26 February 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

Yes let them waste a assault mech slot by staying as far back with some lrm's waiting for lazy locks and do jack all match til a single medium that's half dead crush it like a baby, or stand around and wait of the gates of hell flood right through him when need that atlas or kodiak to help push.

That's his choice, same reason when people pick Symmetra on attack mode on Overwatch. He is not breaking CoC or anything. You can suggest him a better build or tactics, but that's about it. If you want less derpy Assaults, then pilot one yourself.

After all, isn't it completely natural for potatoes to prefer Assault mechs so that they can potate a bit longer in a match without dying?

Edited by El Bandito, 26 February 2017 - 01:47 AM.

#19 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 26 February 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Then I should kill them off in the beginning of the match, and take on the whole enemy team. I'm a teamplayer first and if I want to beomce selffish I would be constantly suciding or do nothing the entire match and just read til 13mins of poke fest is over and power up from a corner and start hunting half dead mechs.

It's not selfish to use their stupidity to your advantage, when that advantage can mitigate the damage their stupidity does to the team and help you win the battle.

Example: team camping in a bad position? Then you can likely predict the locations the enemy will shoot your team from, and therefore position yourself to where you will have advantage over those enemies.

Another example: team pushing against a strong enemy firing line? Hang back, let your idiot teammates absorb enemy fire and shoot the enemy mechs that are busy shooting your teammates.
If enemies are shooting your teammates, then they aren't shooting you, giving you freedom to shoot as you please.

Edited by Zergling, 26 February 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#20 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

Wait til you see gods like Ukku in his assaults with or without your help, he's gonna carry coz of good map knowledge and experience to maximise his weapon advantages against the enemy. Someone I aspire to become like. *idolisation*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users