Poll For Updated Cost And Economy

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll For Updated Cost And Economy (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the new cost of skill nodes is appropriate?

1. Yes (12 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No it is too expensive (9 votes [28.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

3. No it is too cheap (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. It should not cost C-Bills (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Do you like that they removed the refund Cost?

1. Yes (31 votes [96.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 96.88%

2. No (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Do you agree with the Reacquiring of skill nodes costing only 400 XP now?

1. Yes (19 votes [59.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.38%

2. No it should be free (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. No it is too cheap (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No it is too expensive (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Alright so The PTS is getting some updates. heres a poll on the update economy

-The new cost Of the skill Nodes has been decreased From 100 000C C-Bills and 1500 XP down to 60 000 C-Bills and 800XP

-There is not going to be any cost with Removing a Skill Node after you have unlocked it

-Reacquiring a skill node you had previously unlocked now only costs 400 XP

Step in the right direction in my opinion, The PTS has not updated yet as far as I'am aware But i figured I'd set up a Poll so we don't have a billion different Topics about this one subject and so we can get some actual numbers on what people think rather than one person spamming 30 times making it look like everyone shares one opinion.

#2 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Mainly yes/yes/yes, but
  • the first skills a Mech learns should not cost CBs
  • and additional Mechs/variants of a chassis should get a discount if the skills have been already learned on another Mech/variant of the same chassis.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostKuaron, on 26 February 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Mainly yes/yes/yes, but
  • the first skills a Mech learns should not cost CBs

as ive said in another topic,

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 25 February 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

dont think of it as a person gaining and using experience,
-
think of it as a Pilot gaining experience then using that knowledge,
and some C-bills to Optimize and Tune their mechs internals to his liking,

in this way, your getting a feel for your Mech, then using C-Bills to have your Mechanics Tune it for you,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 26 February 2017 - 03:43 PM.

#4 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

This poll is deceptive. Acquiring new nodes still costs 800xp and 60k c-bills, so respec still most likely will cost you 800xp and 60k c-bills per node unless you are respecing back to nodes you already had.

This also means the 5.46 million price tag for getting 91sp is just the minimum value you need to pay for your mech. If you dare to try out different builds and specs then you are charged more and more and more.

Lastly you should never lose xp. There doesn't need to be an "xp sink". They are already increasing the grind by 26% per mech ffs.

#5 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

View Postsoapyfrog, on 26 February 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Lastly you should never lose xp. There doesn't need to be an "xp sink". They are already increasing the grind by 26% per mech ffs.

So if they changed the name of it to asteroid turds you'd be happy? Seriously xp in this game is simply another form of currency like EVERY game does these days they have more than one.

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 26 February 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#6 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 26 February 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

So if they changed the name of it to asteroid turds you'd be happy? Seriously xp in this game is simply another form of currency like EVERY game does these days they have more than one.

No. Losing XP is mandatory time spent to recover lost capability. It doesn't matter what you call it.

Respec shouldn't cost anything at all. You already pay c-bills to change your build, that is plenty. Why should the cost go up?

#7 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

View Postsoapyfrog, on 26 February 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

No. Losing XP is mandatory time spent to recover lost capability. It doesn't matter what you call it.

Respec shouldn't cost anything at all. You already pay c-bills to change your build, that is plenty. Why should the cost go up?

Well the cost doesn't go up first off. It would be the same cost, from what I've seen so far, for doing alterations to your mech in the first place.

XP in this game is a currency. First and foremost.

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 26 February 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#8 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 26 February 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

XP in this game is a currency. First and foremost.

But it is not the same. If it costs me xp, I MUST grind additional matches just to get the mech back to where I already had it. Those matches are played with a mech that is not at it's full capability.

If I want to change my build for a private lobby match or a competitive game or just for funsies, I am losing bits of it that need to be reacquired. This is a fundamental change and added unavoidable time cost to simply trying different things.

If it costs me c-bills, well at least I have a universal pool of those lying around. But it should be free anyway, like I said there is no reason to punish people for wanting to change their mech or for just having not picked their skills optimally the first time around. It is needlessly punitive.

MC is also "just a currency". If they REQUIRED you to spend MC to change your skill tree, would you be ok with that also?

#9 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:24 AM

Just think of all the time you’d save and XP you’d get if you used the time you spend in the forum by playing the game instead!

@ Andi:
It’s not about how I imagine things, but about (1) beginner friendliness and (2) the gap between old and fresh Mechs.

#10 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

I don't see the point of playing a game that disrespects my time and money in this manner.

#11 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, totally!
Only thing even worse than playing such a game is – only imagine, I saw some people actually doing so! – posting in the game’s official forums. Which is a platform secondary to the game itself, just for some tards who like a game enough to be talking about it, who don’t get enough from just playing. What’s even going on in the mind of someone disliking a game so much, he woudn’t play it, and still post in its forums…
Unimaginable!

#12 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostKuaron, on 27 February 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yeah, totally!
Only thing even worse than playing such a game is – only imagine, I saw some people actually doing so! – posting in the game’s official forums. Which is a platform secondary to the game itself, just for some tards who like a game enough to be talking about it, who don’t get enough from just playing. What’s even going on in the mind of someone disliking a game so much, he woudn’t play it, and still post in its forums…
Unimaginable!

This is much worse than playing, but it is necessary, I almost never post in the forums. Most of the time I am a pretty happy mechwarrior. I play (or played up until the last two weeks or so) 5-10 matches a night, frequently substantially more, and that's been going on fairly solidly since 2012. I have played 20,000 games since they started tracking stats, not to mention thousands of faction warfare matches.

So when I come to the forums to campaign against a change to the game that will kill my will to play my favourite game it's because for me it is serious business.

I want to WANT to play this game, and I want to WANT to keep supporting it, and I want it to NOT DIE. That is why I am posting here instead of playing the game. I am posting here because it is NOT TOO LATE, the incoming system is not yet set in stone, they can make adjustments that would make it livable, and those adjustments would be good for everyone, even YOU.

When the new system goes in, whether it is good or bad, you will not see me posting here anymore. Either it will be good enough that I will be still playing the game, or it will be bad and the game will go on the shelf indefinitely.

#13 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Yes, sorry, I understand this and was just making fun of you posting the same all the time. But since you see it by yourself as campaigning, there is no misconception.

You know of course that I disagree on the subject and agree with PGI "increasing the level cap" as other people called what the new system is doing.

Also, keep in mind, that one single or a few users regarding themselves as discontent and impending to stop plying or paying is something very natural with every change and not an argument for a company.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users