Graphics Cards [minimum requirements]

38 replies to this topic

#1 JumpenJack

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

I've got a 2.66 CPU that takes PCIe 2.0 and I'm going to get the min req graphics card. I don't have any card in there now, so I assume by getting one my FPS will go from 10 to at least 20? I find the games runs smooth enough for me on certain maps where it's around 12.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostJumpenJack, on 26 February 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I don't have any card in there now

I find the games runs smooth enough for me on certain maps where it's around 12.

Posted Image

But.. Okay... Jesus. Alright, if this isn't a joke post, yes, having a graphics card will make your game run faster, if your computer is somehow even running the damn thing right now "without one".

Edited by RestosIII, 26 February 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#3 JumpenJack

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Well I just took a look at my motherboard and it doesn't have a spot to put the card so, hell with it. Thanks for your answer though. I don't think intel graphics counts as a graphics card does it?

Edited by JumpenJack, 26 February 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#4 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostJumpenJack, on 26 February 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Well I just took a look at my motherboard and it doesn't have a spot to put the card so, hell with it. Thanks for your answer though.

Doesn't have a spot...

Okay, legitimately, what are you working on? Did you pop open a laptop or something?

#5 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

12 FPS you find smooth? Are you on a lap top or a desktop? Min requirements for this game shouldn't even count, as they really aren't enough to run it even on the lowest settings.

At the very least you need a decent vid card. 100-150 should get you something decent. Something like this would be a huge upgrade.. Though you said you have PCI 2.0, which i am not sure the 3.0 cards will work with it, Though possible with a driver/bios update. Contact your Motherboard's support, or post it here and someone can look into it for you.

Another thing you have to wonder about is the power.. I am not sure if this card uses external or not. You really didn't give much info about your system.. outside of 12 FPS is unbelievably bad.. (yes i played at 20 for a while on my old system and i can say it was down right horrible) People that can't hit lights, is often because of low FPS.

One reason why streaks and LRM's can actually be better on systems with low FPS.

asus, solid products, and just over 100 bucks if it could work on your system it would be a stellar upgrade.

https://www.newegg.c...N82E16814126169

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 February 2017 - 02:31 PM.

#6 JumpenJack

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Well my CPU is what I looked up first, and it supports the graphics card filed under min requirements. After looking at my Nutmeg-P motherboard I didn't see a spot to place a graphics card(please tell me I'm wrong). Yes it's a desktop I bought at Wal-mart for 500 last year. I realize now I F'ed up but hey, I didn't know anything. My budget which I managed to hit is 50 bucks, as I found a 15$ used card on Ebay, and a 12$ PSU on ebay. I lost my leg below the knee last year and spent the last of my money on this comp. If I get any money now, I gotta ask my aunt for it, and she doesn't have a lot.

Edited by JumpenJack, 26 February 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#7 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

i get in between 9-15 fps with my intel hd400 . i can only dream of what 40+ fps must play like

#8 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Can you be more specific please. There were several Nutmeg-P variants.

Going to be very hard to do anything with that budget. There are creative ways of doing it though. People junk functional computer equipment all the time.

The whole effort may be fruitless though. We still need to worry about case and power supply limitations. I am assuming this is a mini-ITX form factor.

Edited by Spheroid, 26 February 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#9 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

If you have a pci slot i have a used nvidea gtx970ti. If you can find out if that card will fit on your motherboard, ill mail it to you. Its easy on power so it should be no prob.

#10 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Post1Grimbane, on 26 February 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

i get in between 9-15 fps with my intel hd400 . i can only dream of what 40+ fps must play like
9-15? Are you kidding? [Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 28 February 2017 - 11:55 PM.
unconstructive

#11 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostMacClearly, on 26 February 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

9-15? Are you kidding? [Redacted]

I used to play at that, though 15 tends to be the unplayable threshold

20 AVG sure was fun

As for OP, the CPU makes a massive difference in MWO...but without a dedicated GPU, that would certainly provide some benefit.

I had a random 2.5 tri core, which was absolute rubbish. Swapped that out and gained 30 FPS, with the same Potato GPU (no longer!)

Edited by draiocht, 28 February 2017 - 11:56 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#12 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 26 February 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

But.. Okay... Jesus. Alright, if this isn't a joke post, yes, having a graphics card will make your game run faster, if your computer is somehow even running the damn thing right now "without one".

I ran it for a bit at 7 fps while I was doing a RMA on my gpu when it died... ******* brutal.

#13 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostJumpenJack, on 26 February 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I've got a 2.66 CPU that takes PCIe 2.0 and I'm going to get the min req graphics card. I don't have any card in there now, so I assume by getting one my FPS will go from 10 to at least 20? I find the games runs smooth enough for me on certain maps where it's around 12.

look at getting a 1050ti or 950... even a 750ti should shoot you up to +40 fps at 1080p on medium settings.

1050ti
https://www.amazon.c...Z/ref=dp_cerb_3

750ti
https://www.amazon.c...5BG2VFAY247D906

getting a used one would probably be even cheaper

Edited by I_AM_ZUUL, 26 February 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#14 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostJumpenJack, on 26 February 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Well my CPU is what I looked up first, and it supports the graphics card filed under min requirements. After looking at my Nutmeg-P motherboard I didn't see a spot to place a graphics card(please tell me I'm wrong). Yes it's a desktop I bought at Wal-mart for 500 last year. I realize now I F'ed up but hey, I didn't know anything. My budget which I managed to hit is 50 bucks, as I found a 15$ used card on Ebay, and a 12$ PSU on ebay. I lost my leg below the knee last year and spent the last of my money on this comp. If I get any money now, I gotta ask my aunt for it, and she doesn't have a lot.

You know the sad part about this post... 500 bucks you could of made a pretty darn nice gaming system from newegg if you had a little knowledge on the subject. the systems i build typically are made around that price and are pretty solid. No they arent the latest and greatest tech, but i can play any game i want.. (though i typically game a few years behind what is released due to costs) My favorite games are 5+ years old anyway, so 5-7 year old top tech works perfect anyway. I also plan in an upgrade and squeeze about 5-6 years out of a system which is typically a vid card, maybe a ram boost. Lately it seams like CPU's never get an upgrade as the new tech is just better and cheaper to buy a new board+cpu, than bother upgrading the CPU like you did in the past. .

But on that note.. Can you find the info that came with the computer in the first place? You can also run a DX-diag, or go into your system properties to pull out other info. It sounds like you got the case cover off, got a camera? take a pic. Better yet find the exact model number of it.

there is a chance that your computer is salvageable with just that vid card, and for someone to offer you that GTX970 if it can work, is extremely generous. :) (i only have a gtX550! lol,, Yup putting off that vid card update as long as i can. Maybe next nov.

You also might wanna check some computer stores near you, i am talking the local types.. You never know what kinda used card they might have laying around. Don't give up hope.. Computer nerds are here to help.. :)

#15 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Incase any one needs the "official" hard ware specs of how low of hard ware you can use here is the direct copy/paste from 2013:

17 September 2013 - 11:57 AM
MechWarrior Online Recommended System Spec:
CPU: Core i3-2500 / AMD Athlon II X4 650
GPU:GeForce GTX 285 / Radeon HD 5830
RAM: 8 GB
DirectX: DX9
HDD Space: 8 GB

MechWarrior Online Minimum Requirements:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz / Athlon II X2 245e
GPU: GeForce 8800GT / Radeon HD 5600/5700
RAM: 4 GB
DirectX: DX9
HDD Space: 8 GB
We're aware the game will run on some systems that are running on lower end specs but we can only offer minimal support in this situation.

Edited by Niko Snow, 18 October 2013 - 06:33 AM.
Updated HDD Space Requirements

original thread link:
https://mwomercs.com...specifications/

That explains why I've been able to use random laptops from pawn shops in the 150-250$ range to get the game to run. Don't expect much because with computers it really is you get what you pay for. I'm using an old presario CQ57 windows 7 laptop and the most I can do is tinker with the mech lab and do training grounds.

#16 JumpenJack

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

762024-001 HP 110 250 Nutmeg-P Desktop Motherboard w/ Intel Pentium J2900 2.41GHz CPU it's 2.66 with turbo on though. @Lemming thank you, hopefully that would work. Umm, I should just take a picture gimme a sec to figure that out.

Edited by JumpenJack, 26 February 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#17 JumpenJack

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

http://imageshack.co...7523/LL4Zni.jpg

#18 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sorry.. but that is a lemon. Posted Image

#19 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

dude.. I can't see a PCI slot.. Maybe i am blind, but i looked up the board and didn't see it either.. Posted Image

I dunno if that chip can come out of that board or not.. Perhaps you can get another board and pop in your chip, but i don't even see any ram.. I'm at a loss, they are selling those kinda computers at wallmart?

I have lots of old parts, but unfortunately, they are Really old parts so wouldn't help much.. My last 2 systems i built and still work. My old stuff is from like 2005-2010, which really wouldn't help much as it was mainly for E-machines... aka get on the internet, which is what this one looks like to, but over priced. really sucks how companies take advantage of folks that just don't know..

Do you at least have the windows disk? or install copy? that could help getting parts and getting a new machine working. I know i have a workable case.. Unsure about a PS good enough to run a modern card but maybe.

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 February 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#20 Click

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

Thats a mini ITX board that takes laptop grade RAM (SODIMM) and doesnt have a pci-e slot. Start saving money, you're going nowhere with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users