#41 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

IS that one of those "facts" you put on Wikipedia to prove a point? IS is easy mode. They have higher heat thresholds before shutting down AND less duration on thier shots to apply more damage to the point of contact. Clan wepons have way higher heat and canthe keep alpha ingredients everything in front of them. Case in point grasshopper can alpha 8 times in a row before shutdown. Clan dosnt have a comparable mech for that.

What that means is clan pilots have to be a better shot to put down a IS mech where the IS and just hold down the trigger and kill it's target easy.

Lol, please use moar hyperbole and keep showing your level of knowledge. Im actually wondering if you are trying to troll or whether you are 7 cans short of a six pack.

Just to add, a meta Grasshopper can alpha perhaps 3 times, more than likely 2 and half before you hit heat cap.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 02 March 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#42 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Haha wow, this thread completely changed topic. (I am aware that it is partly my fault).

As someone mentioned, back to main topic, For any newer players reading this thread, most of the time having a drop caller is great for FW. An organised team working together and communicating will almost always be victorious against one that is not. It is always good to listen to orders and act accordingly. Should there be people mouthing off or just being plain rude then by all means make use of the in game mute. I have found that the attitude of some, (not many), minor Clan teams and Clan PUGs upon a loss or win to an IS unit to be very unfavorable. On the flip side, some of the more prominent teams can be quite friendly, so it's a hit and miss.

In the end though it doesn't achieve anything by being rude or insulting to people in the game, all that will achieve is an exodus of players sick of hearing it which will in turn make it even harder to find a FW match.

#43 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 02 March 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

As someone mentioned, back to main topic, For any newer players reading this thread, most of the time having a drop caller is great for FW. An organised team working together and communicating will almost always be victorious against one that is not. It is always good to listen to orders and act accordingly. Should there be people mouthing off or just being plain rude then by all means make use of the in game mute. I have found that the attitude of some, (not many), minor Clan teams and Clan PUGs upon a loss or win to an IS unit to be very unfavorable. On the flip side, some of the more prominent teams can be quite friendly, so it's a hit and miss.

+1

#44 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostKilroy, on 28 February 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'd include a "Commendation" button on the player screen, so players who are good at calling drops/have good sportsmanship can receive some positive reinforcement of some sort.

Yes.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 February 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Also need a down-rate system too for players that refuse to follow calls, listen to input and so on

No.

#45 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

Inclined to agree with glitchdragon, sorry Ash but I just see some people abusing the crap out of a downvote mechanism...

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Oh look they no doubt will, the thumbs up one will get abused as well :)

View PostCarl Vickers, on 02 March 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

Lol, please use moar hyperbole and keep showing your level of knowledge. Im actually wondering if you are trying to troll or whether you are 7 cans short of a six pack.

Just to add, a meta Grasshopper can alpha perhaps 3 times, more than likely 2 and half before you hit heat cap.

lol I know.
Ye a GHP alpha 8 times before overheating would have to be the biggest load of sheet I've read on the forums in the past 2 months.

I mean maybe if it ONLY had 3 LPL?

But yes, it is this kind of stupidly and incorrect statements that are actually poor player conduct because it's flat out lies and misleading ;)

#47 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Oh look they no doubt will, the thumbs up one will get abused as well Posted Image

lol I know.
Ye a GHP alpha 8 times before overheating would have to be the biggest load of sheet I've read on the forums in the past 2 months.

I mean maybe if it ONLY had 3 LPL?

But yes, it is this kind of stupidly and incorrect statements that are actually poor player conduct because it's flat out lies and misleading Posted Image

I get very close to 4 alpha's with 3 large pulse and 2 meds, if I give a couple of extra seconds between alphas I get 4. Im liking the damage I can do much better with 3 large pulse and 2 meds rather than 4 meds, DPS much better.

#48 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

IS that one of those "facts" you put on Wikipedia to prove a point? IS is easy mode. They have higher heat thresholds before shutting down AND less duration on thier shots to apply more damage to the point of contact. Clan wepons have way higher heat and canthe keep alpha ingredients everything in front of them. Case in point grasshopper can alpha 8 times in a row before shutdown. Clan dosnt have a comparable mech for that.

What that means is clan pilots have to be a better shot to put down a IS mech where the IS and just hold down the trigger and kill it's target easy.

A grasshopper cannot alpha 8 times before a shutdown. The reason that some IS mechs have heat % reduction for weapons is because IS mechs tend to carry far less double heatsinks than Clan counterparts due to 3 slot vs 2 slot rule. Battlemaster 2c for instance with the XL 350 and 5LPL carries 9 double heatsinks + 10 engine heatsinks vs Mad IIc XL 375 that carries 18 double heatsinks + 10 engine heatsinks.

Both clan and IS double heatsinks have the exact same cooling statistics since the Dec? patch. Clan weapons may be hotter, but you can pack on more overall heatsinks in a build to compensate. I find both my Clan and IS mechs hit heatcap ~same amount of alphas

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 05 March 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#49 Taelah Mehta

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

Wow... Some of you are just intent on hijacking this thread...

Posted Image

I mostly lurk these forums, but I just felt compelled to reinforce what's already said. I don't believe this is a "Clanner" problem and I think this thread title is a bit leading. This is a typical issue seen whenever you have a concentration of "top tier players." Which is something confirmed by PGI themselves. It doesn't matter what game, "high skilled top tier players" have a tendency to take games too seriously and are often the cause of toxicity among a community.

I do like the idea of a "Commendation" system though. Especially if there were some incentive to encourage less toxic behaviours. Final Fantasy XIV gives rewards of increasing value for reaching certain thresholds (10, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1500, 3000, etc.) of Commendations.

Posted Image

#50 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

View PostTaelah Mehta, on 05 March 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

Wow... Some of you are just intent on hijacking this thread...

Posted Image

I mostly lurk these forums, but I just felt compelled to reinforce what's already said. I don't believe this is a "Clanner" problem and I think this thread title is a bit leading. This is a typical issue seen whenever you have a concentration of "top tier players." Which is something confirmed by PGI themselves. It doesn't matter what game, "high skilled top tier players" have a tendency to take games too seriously and are often the cause of toxicity among a community.

I do like the idea of a "Commendation" system though. Especially if there were some incentive to encourage less toxic behaviours. Final Fantasy XIV gives rewards of increasing value for reaching certain thresholds (10, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1500, 3000, etc.) of Commendations.
Posted Image

That was due to the fact that the Marauder IIc was just released and the bulk of the merc units went to clan side. You will notice that populations have mostly settled out now (seen by the fact that many nights we barely get out of Skirmish mode)

#51 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

DO not think that the clans would waste a state of the art machine on such a worthless little cadet like your self , out there @ nav beta, is a drone mech it is not fast and it has outdated weapons never the less it is dangerous to fleshly head mutants like your self

Just do what i say when i say , and i wont get upset I do bad things when im upset...

If you dont like the fire get out the kitchen... and or go back to COD lol

#52 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Remember ghost heat when doing calc: ( 3 / 5 linked laser heat )

IS ER LARGE LASER : 24 / 64

IS LARGE LASER : 21 / 56

CLAN ER LR LASER : 37.2 / 87.2

23.2 difference, 1.5 / heatsink = 15.5 hs. Mad 2C loses to BM, badly.

Boating lasers on IS mechs is doable, not so much on Clan. Combine this with shorter burn times. Results is that IS mechs can generate much higher effective alpha.

#53 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 06 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

Boating lasers on IS mechs is doable, not so much on Clan. Combine this with shorter burn times. Results is that IS mechs can generate much higher effective alpha.

To make sure the uninitiated understands, clans boat lasers very well, just not more than 2 large/large pulse... last i checked 2lpl + 3-5 ml was still a thing...

#54 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

View PostKilroy, on 01 March 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

I'd have to disagree entirely Guar. Have you actually stopped to read to Code of Conduct? If simply not being good at the game was against the rules the game would be populated by tumble weeds and sadness. I also don't think screaming vulgarity at your teammates does anything better than saying nothing at all. If you insult before you attempt to communicate like an adult I am going to be more inclined to disregard your orders. Having a relaxed attitude does not necessarily imply you're not cooperating or paying attention either.

There is a happy middle ground we can all be content in.

I agree with you. I'm more likely to to give you attitude and do my own thing if the drop caller is being a ++++. Just to piss them off more as I mute them.

#55 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 06 March 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

To make sure the uninitiated understands, clans boat lasers very well, just not more than 2 large/large pulse... last i checked 2lpl + 3-5 ml was still a thing...

View PostSmokeGuar, on 06 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

Remember ghost heat when doing calc: ( 3 / 5 linked laser heat )

IS ER LARGE LASER : 24 / 64

IS LARGE LASER : 21 / 56

CLAN ER LR LASER : 37.2 / 87.2

23.2 difference, 1.5 / heatsink = 15.5 hs. Mad 2C loses to BM, badly.

Battlemaster 2c rarely (if ever) fires all 5 LPL at the same time. 5LPL generates 35 heat in a 3+2 fire pattern (combined burntime of 1.17 if you fire second set at exactly .5 sec post first set) for 55 damage.
Base heat cap of 30(x 1.2 for heat containment)+20 engine doubles + 9x1.5 poordubs = 69.5 Total heat
Not accounting for map temp, a single 3+2 fire pattern from a 5LPL Battlemaster sends your heat to 50%

Mad IIc with 2CLPL/6CERML generates 56 heat in a full alpha (burntime of 1.15 sec from CERML full burn) for 68 damage.
Base heat cap of 30(x 1.2 for heat containment)+20 engine double + 18x1.5 poordubs = 83 Total heat
Not accounting for map temp, a single alpha from a 2CLPL/6CERML Mad IIc sends your heat to 67%

However, the Mad IIc ends up doing 13 more damage compared to the Battlemaster at the expense of 17% more heat bar.
If Mad IIc were to fire say 2CLPL/4CERML alpha (54 damage) for 44 heat, that would send your heat to 53%.
Pretty comparable overall, not accounting for any additional factors like structure quirks + IS XL + LPL effective range on Battlemaster vs CXL + CLPL/CERML effective range on Mad IIc

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 06 March 2017 - 05:08 AM.

#56 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 06 March 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

Battlemaster 2c rarely (if ever) fires all 5 LPL at the same time. 5LPL generates 35 heat in a 3+2 fire pattern (combined burntime of 1.17 if you fire second set at exactly .5 sec post first set) for 55 damage.
Base heat cap of 30(x 1.2 for heat containment)+20 engine doubles + 9x1.5 poordubs = 69.5 Total heat
Not accounting for map temp, a single 3+2 fire pattern from a 5LPL Battlemaster sends your heat to 50%

Mad IIc with 2CLPL/6CERML generates 56 heat in a full alpha (burntime of 1.15 sec from CERML full burn) for 68 damage.
Base heat cap of 30(x 1.2 for heat containment)+20 engine double + 18x1.5 poordubs = 83 Total heat
Not accounting for map temp, a single alpha from a 2CLPL/6CERML Mad IIc sends your heat to 67%

However, the Mad IIc ends up doing 13 more damage compared to the Battlemaster at the expense of 17% more heat bar.
If Mad IIc were to fire say 2CLPL/4CERML alpha (54 damage) for 44 heat, that would send your heat to 53%.
Pretty comparable overall, not accounting for any additional factors like structure quirks + IS XL + LPL effective range on Battlemaster vs CXL + CLPL/CERML effective range on Mad IIc

Lets snap this thread back to topic. If people want to argue which side is op, they might want to start a new thread...

...or chime in on one of the hundreds already out there, where, you know, peeps point the finger at the other side with tech envy.

So sorry for my contribution to the derailment, lets get back to talkin' toxic teams!

Edited by MovinTarget, 06 March 2017 - 06:10 AM.

#57 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

It's here, the mighty Grasshopper what can ALPHA 8 times without overheating. The Clans have nothing comparable to it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...017bfdbcb6d5a1c

#58 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostRoland09, on 06 March 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

It's here, the mighty Grasshopper what can ALPHA 8 times without overheating. The Clans have nothing comparable to it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...017bfdbcb6d5a1c

#Fear teh hopperz!

#59 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

By the way, what is the fascination the Clanners hold with the number "8"? First, it was eight large lasers on a Grasshopper, now, it is eight alpha strikes. Is that the limit of the number domain taught to the rock bashers, and thus virtually synonymous with "almost incomprehensibly many"? Such as, say "all the fingers on both your hands, except the thumbs"?

#60 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostRoland09, on 06 March 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

By the way, what is the fascination the Clanners hold with the number "8"? First, it was eight large lasers on a Grasshopper, now, it is eight alpha strikes. Is that the limit of the number domain taught to the rock bashers, and thus virtually synonymous with "almost incomprehensibly many"? Such as, say "all the fingers on both your hands, except the thumbs"?

Could be a fixation with the concept of infinity...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users