#41 Mortal2None

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

View Postmouser42, on 09 March 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

M4J35T1C would make a great commentator for the next championship Tournament. I would not mind seeing him team up with either Baradul or Suggles Time. That would be fun to watch.

Baradul (MoltenMetal) would be great as well but work/life logistics might be a problem for him. From his off game commentary he sounds like a very busy guy. Snuggs and Maj have done drops together before on stream/Youtube. (i'll try to find the link)

#42 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostM4J35T1C, on 05 March 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Would like to be a commentator for next year's MWO Champions Tournament and even any more thereafter. Who would like to help bring this to PGI's attention and get me in the booth? Thanks in advance for all the awesome support!

How about you try some MRBC games first ?

#43 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

Have you ever actually casted an MWO match?

#44 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

@M4j35t1c

if your interested in getting some practice you could join me on one of mine for MRBC.

just let me know. We could keep a copy for submission.

Edited by poopenshire, 30 March 2017 - 01:50 PM.

#45 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostM4J35T1C, on 05 March 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Would like to be a commentator for next year's MWO Champions Tournament and even any more thereafter. Who would like to help bring this to PGI's attention and get me in the booth? Thanks in advance for all the awesome support!

I dont know you, or have ever seen you cast a live match. Why should you be an MWOWC colorman over someone more established, who knows the competitive player base well etc? I get that you are motivated, a fired up member of the greater community and have a youtube channel, but dont know what qpuld make you a good choice in all honesty. Sell me on it.

#46 Toast3r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Have you ever casted a competitive match before? PGI's choice of commentators for the the championships shouldn't be just a popularity contest. Whoever they choose to commentate the championships needs to have experience live casting competitive matches, and it would be a good to have built up some rapport with the competitive community as a caster as well. You may play competitively and have a youtube channel, but that is very different from live casting a match.

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't be allowed to cast matches, but you do need to prove yourself as a caster and build your resume beyond just player and Youtuber to get my endorsement. Casting the tournament is a job, so treat it like one. A forum post is a good way to drum up support, but it's hard for me to take seriously.

#47 mdmzero0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

MRBC is always looking for more casters. Let us know and we can help you get started.

#48 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

You can't just jump in and commentate competitive matches without building some experience first in actually commentating competitive matches. And I don't think you've ever commentated any matches...

BUT, that's an easy fix. Keep a close eye on MRBC, that's a great opportunity to get casting experience, since there are so many matches being played at different levels.

Watch some previous casts here: https://mrbcleague.com/casts

Learning the competitive meta and being able to explain it to the layman is a big deal for casters, and it will take a while to build up that knowledge. But thankfully, that's something that can be built up over time. Charisma, energy, and enthusiasm isn't really something you can build, but you already have that, which is perfect.

I look forward to seeing you getting your feet wet in MRBC. If you livestream your matches (which I would advise you do), don't forget the obligatory 5-minute stream delay, and remember to enable Past Broadcasts in your settings, so that your streams don't go *poof* never to be seen again.

#49 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

#M4J35T1CforMWOWC

Dear PGI, please do it!

#50 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

Well, I sent you a message on MWO, and I see you don't have an MRBC account. If your serious, I am serious about helping you and getting you set up.

#51 DanDanBinks

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostSnuggles Time, on 11 March 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

If I am a bro, could you be a bro? So that we could be bros together?

you my bro Snuggles Time! you got my vote too!

#52 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

OK its been 4 days since my post, and 3 days since my last PM to you.

If you are serious contact me, I will help you get started with MRBC so you can practice and get set up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users