16 replies to this topic

#1 Hrunting

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

It is now Clear...Civil war is upon us...Where do you stand?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether this Commonwealth, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.*

-General Hamish Mackay to the Regiments of the Skye Rangers, 3062

<*=cribbed from Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg address>

Edited by Hrunting, 10 March 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#2 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

So the speculation spreads from the General Discussion area to here, I spose it was only a matter of time.

#3 Hrunting

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Not meant to be a speculation thread. More of a RP thread for the Steiner faction!

#4 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostHrunting, on 09 March 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

It is now Clear...Civil war is upon us...Where do you stand?

to the side..

*looks to his spoils of war from the Clans*

..anyone interested in buying some weapons? The FRR is open for business =D

Edited by Mech The Dane, 10 March 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#5 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

House Steiner is my faction, but Katherine is not my leader. I will fight against her tyranny to restore my nation.

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostThe Steiner Blue Man, on 10 March 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

House Steiner is my faction, but Katherine is not my leader. I will fight against her tyranny to restore my nation.

How could anyone really? Support a Matricide like her?

Just look at the *****
Posted Image

Edited by Mech The Dane, 10 March 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#7 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

Just remember, if you're going to RP, make sure you fully understand the setting:

http://www.sarna.net...edCom_Civil_War

While there are clear boundaries between official Lyran and Fedsun territory, the conflict is by no means a North vs. South scenario like the American Civil War. The FedCom civil war is characterized by sudden conflicts on a wide swath of worlds. Followers of Katherine Steiner, the ruler of the Lyran Alliance, can be on a Fedsun world, and then turn on supporters of Victor Steiner-Davion (and vise versa). Sometimes small militias will go at each other, while in other instances it can be entire regiments. Members of the same unit may even turn on each other.

As a bit of background, prior to the splitting of the realms, they were officially united as the Federated Commonwealth. Though the nation didn't officially form until 3055, the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns signed "a treaty that formalized military, scientific, and economic exchange."

http://www.sarna.net...ed_Commonwealth

The two realms spent decades slowly integrating their societies, up until their spilt in 3057. The Civil War then began in 3062, after Katherine claimed regency over all the world's that had been within FedCom, and not just those within her Lyran Alliance. Victor, after returning from the campaign at the Clan homeworlds, did not want to fight a civil war against his sister, but he was inevitably pulled into it. Many rallied to him, as he was perceived as the true ruler of the Commonwealth, and a liberator from Katherine's tyranny.

#8 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 10 March 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

How could anyone really? Support a Matricide like her?

Just look at the *****
Posted Image

I know right? She looks more like Rosie O' Donnell and we all know how crazy she was. I can't take someone like that too seriously lolPosted Image . Hey Davions look out because our Archon is Rosie O' Donnell, and she's gonna getcha.Posted Image FedRats beware!
Posted Image

Edited by The Steiner Blue Man, 10 March 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostThe Steiner Blue Man, on 10 March 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

I know right? She looks more like Rosie O' Donnell and we all know how crazy she was. I can't take someone like that too seriously lolPosted Image . Hey Davions look out because our Archon is Rosie O' Donnell, and she's gonna getcha.Posted Image FedRats beware!

Rosie O'Donnel might be terrifying, but Katherine killed her own mother and framed her Brother.

Melissa Steiner, btw, was a f$%ing saint too.
Posted Image

And if that isn't bad enough.. Katherine Steiner ALSO had Omiko Kurita murdered as well. Anyone who hasn't read the books might write her off as just "Victor Steiner's lover". But she was amazing in her own way. As Keeper of the Family Honor and daughter to Theodore Kurita and love interest of Victor Steiner-Davion she managed her political, traditional and romantic position with the utmost decorum and cunning. She was everything good about House Kurita.

Who really wants to wave a Steiner flag and die or kill for Katherine Steiner's ego? How much more blood do you want to shed for her petty revenge and psychopathic ambition? Maybe I am just confused, maybe over here in the FRR the air is just different; but I don't see how any Mech Warrior with a modicum of honor would lift a single SLAS for her cause. If you lack the moral fortitude to turn on her and execute her yourselves, at least throw your weapons down and force her to fight her ridiculous 'Civil War' by herself.

I am sorry, I just do not see anything redeemable about Mother-Killing Katherine Steiner and the reality of the Civil War.. is it is ALL ABOUT her. You can hate the Davions for being Davions, but Victor was a solid dude and had Katherine been killed as a baby, I think the future for both sides of the FedCom would have been brighter.

Does anyone seriously disagree with that?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 10 March 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#10 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

What the Fed Com Civil War represents for Skye and the Skye worlds is a chance to finally obtain some of the freedoms that they have been struggling for for quite some time.

When I entered the Coventry Academy to become a Mechwarrior, I did so to fight the Dragon. When Jade Falcon had the audacity to take so many of our worlds, we fought the Green Pidgeons. Now, we get a chance to test ourselves against a force we never thought would be anything other than fellow citizens. Sad, but if the war weakens Katherine's grip on us in Skye...

Edited by William Slayer, 14 March 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#11 Chris Puetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMechhangar 2, Tamar-City

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

@ Mech the Dane
I agree, but you should think about, that the normal People in the FedCom don't know the Facts that we know out of the Books!
Most People had no insight look in intelligence informations, they only can read, hear or see the facts in the News and that b.itch of Katherine Steiner-Davion where a Master in influence and controling the News/Press. For the normal population she looks like a lovely peace bringing Person. She was the one who was at the funeral of her mother, not Victor (OK, she had manage it that he could not be there) but who knows it, that she had pay the Assasin?

With that in mind and the Roleplaying Background, there are some possibilities that some Player decides for Katherines Side!

#12 Chris Puetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMechhangar 2, Tamar-City

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Here is a descrition of Katherine
http://www.sarna.net..._Steiner-Davion
And the first pictures from her are the better one!

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 09 March 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

So the speculation spreads from the General Discussion area to here, I spose it was only a matter of time.

SPECULATION? HERE?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?

View PostThe Steiner Blue Man, on 10 March 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

The Steiners sent her back in time to do battle with someone of similar (un)likeability... Hopefully this ploy doesn't unravel the space-time continuum...

#14 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Screw that 3057 garbage. I'll keep my 3025 Lyran Commonwealth, thank you very much.

#15 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

New weapons for my mech!

But, do I have to immediately turn them on their creators?

#16 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Posted Image

#17 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

my table top regiment was destroyed on New Avalon during the CIvil war the first of the Davion Guard Causalties early in the war

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users