#1 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Help me not hate this mech.

Not a fan of PPC's on it. I've tried it in the high mounts and right side for quirks.

Laser Vom works, but it always works.

I love using SRMs but this guy is as wide as a barn so the convergence isn't ideal.

Considered LRMs but it doesn't have the tonnage to do much outside of LRM5 spam.

This is what I like the most but still not satisfied.LBK-PRIME I should strip that right arm and stack the left but the arms on this mech seem to take a lot of hits, felt like I was losing my side torso too early because the arm would melt.

I should probably go with six SRM4's and call it a day.

Any suggestions?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

If you don't like PPCs, hm. Splatbacker works, but is ammo constrained.

Rack of MPLs is the other thing I really like (5-6 depending on heat tolerance).

#3 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostTercieI, on 10 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Rack of MPLs is the other thing I really like (5-6 depending on heat tolerance).

Yeah it seems like my best bet is to build off those 6 energy hardpoints. 9 small pulse is a thing, right? lol

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 10 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Yeah it seems like my best bet is to build off those 6 energy hardpoints. 9 small pulse is a thing, right? lol

I see it, but I hate to commit to that range on a heavy. <shrug> I really like the PPCs, though (favor the Prime side-poker), so we may come at this one differently.

#5 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Linederper is an oversized Stormcrow with less podspace and a little bit more armor and abysmal hitboxes. Posted Image

3x cSRM6+A, 5x cSPL

3x cSRM6+A, 6x cERSL

6x cMPL

1x cUAC10, 5x cSPL (or 6x cERSM, LBX10, AC10...)

Sadly, you cant mount a cLBX20...

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

(Ignore armour distribution on both!)

Gauss + 3 ERML

UAC10 + LPL

Not great, but different to what you have. I think the B gets Gauss & ERML quirks, too!

#7 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Try Gauss in the Linebacker B right side torso + 4x ER medium lasers, a classic, tried and true meta-approved Hellbringer build. The Linebacker is more durable and has a much higher Gauss mount, in addition to its awesome maneuverability, so I actually like it better for this build than the Hellbringer.

#8 Dubbelklik

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

I run mine with (5) ER-Small Lasers and (4) SRM-6 w/ Arti.

I treat it like a faster, larger Stormcrow. Hit-and-run.

#9 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

i run it like my hellbringer with this build, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...07b198c51b05d07

nice dmg, heat management is ok with the usual skill nodes, switch to chainfire if needed, i have lasers firing groups split between left side and right, i switch to regular firing when heats fine and chain fire if struggling or on a hot map, narc up targets for your inevitable LRM army on your team, works ok.

#10 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

With the new tech I've grown to love this thing. With the hero pods I run 4 ER meds and 4 heavy meds with a left right set up. Regularly putting up 3+ kill 1k damage games.

#11 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

It took me a long time to work out what I liked on the linebacker. I did the all small pulse, then messed around with UAC10/ERML, then finally ended up with a weird 1xLPL, 2xERML, 2xSRM6A loadout. I haven't played it in a while, but it worked for me! As always you have to be very cautious, using your speed to poke carefully and quickly. Only go facetime when chasing down smaller lights or mediums without much firepower.

#12 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

The build that has worked best for me, so far, is 1 erppc in the right torso and 4 mpls (3/LT 1/RT with the erppc.) I will try to copy the gauss/erml build and also the HLL/HML build. Thank you for giving me options.

#13 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 18 August 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

With the new tech I've grown to love this thing. With the hero pods I run 4 ER meds and 4 heavy meds with a left right set up. Regularly putting up 3+ kill 1k damage games.

Sorry for double posting. I couldn't edit mine. I noticed you are SJR. Do you see Linebackers much in competitive play?

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostStevenson Ellis, on 16 September 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Sorry for double posting. I couldn't edit mine. I noticed you are SJR. Do you see Linebackers much in competitive play?

I know this isn't directed at me, but...

Yes, you generally will see Linebackers in competitive play for players that can afford to dedicate 60 tons to having at least one. Some like to have several. Be careful, energy-only Linebackers can tend to run pretty hot so rely on your speed and try to hit-and-run rather than getting into standup fights.

#15 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 September 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

I know this isn't directed at me, but...

Yes, you generally will see Linebackers in competitive play for players that can afford to dedicate 60 tons to having at least one. Some like to have several. Be careful, energy-only Linebackers can tend to run pretty hot so rely on your speed and try to hit-and-run rather than getting into standup fights.

Thanks for your advice. I will remember that. I tried the Ebon Jaguar free use mech and thought about trying a gauss rifle on my Linebacker. Maybe that will offset some of the heat issues I have.

#16 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostStevenson Ellis, on 16 September 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Its been a long while since I've participated in any comp, but generally no, you won't see linebackers unless there are restrictions. Its not a bad mech, so if restrictions are in play it can be used to great effect, but its as big as a barn and without restrictions the tonnage is better spend elsewhere.

Kon may have been watching more than I have recently, so other teams might be using them, but if I recall correctly SJR has not.

#17 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Personally play my Prime with 2 HLL + 2 SRM6.

Edited by Athom83, 19 September 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#18 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

While its not crazy strong or anything, the linebacker has 2 builds that ive had alot of luck using.

First one is 6MPL and everything else into DHS with 1 stripped arm. Its got good DPS, very focused damage, and its basically what i like to call a AC-40 since its more precise dmg then the clan UAC20, fires faster, and only has to pull back after 1-2 kills since its a good deal toastier then ballistics.

The other build is 1HLL with 4HML. THis is purely a hit-run build, with stupidly high 58 alfa strike, i can 1 shot almost anything to teh rear, and i can 2 shot a ST off provided the target doesnt twist the damage too much. Issue here is obviously the fact that it has a long reload (so you cant really pressure anything), runs a hair toasty on hot maps, and has atrociuos range, even worse then the MPLs for 75% of its guns.

Aside from that yeah you can use SRMs, but im just not a fan of the fact that SRMs spread damage to stupid amounts and require way more damage per mech to get a kill compared to lasers or even PPFLD ballistics or PPCs. WIth energy, i can remove a side torso with ~100 or so damage dealt, while with SRMs i have to hit them at least 3 times with a SRM-24 and even then there is a chance they wont loose the ST (unless im point blank and the SRMs may as well be hitscan PPFLD). Also, as much as ive tried to make ballistics work, the mech just lacks tonnage to use them at all, and the most you can plausibly do is like a GR and 3-4 HMLs, stupidly hot, low ammo, and ofc you get an explosive torso (which is a very bad thing in a mech that one, tends to take a good deal of fire, and 2, very often ends up at the end of the game with open components and still kicks arss). ATM/LRM is very bad as well, for the same reasons, not enough tonnage to boat enough missiles to get any sort of alfa strike or DPS out of the deal (and u need at least 2ATM-12s to go ATMing since they spread everywhere).

Edited by panzer1b, 22 October 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#19 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

MPL insanity

Hilarity ensues.

#20 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

I am still trying to get my Recline in fighting shape. Some of these builds could help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users