What Happens To Xp On Mechs We Sold Before The Transition?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Pyed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

I guess you mean "get something for it" ?

I would really like to see HXP pooled by chassis not variant myself. There are a ton of mechs I bought, basiced, and sold.

#2 Wolf McNish

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostPyed, on 11 March 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I guess you mean "get something for it" ?

I would really like to see HXP pooled by chassis not variant myself. There are a ton of mechs I bought, basiced, and sold.

It's a good question, and the XP pooled for chassis is a good idea, as it would make sense for a mechwarrior to have some base experience with the chassis, even if you drove a new variant.

The mech would still be the same, the cockpit and control arrangement would be the same, it would move the same way, even if some of the systems were new.

#3 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Has PGI said anything about this?

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:36 AM

I would not expect a change for sold mechs.

Currently:
- You have XP on any mech that you sell, you keep that XP on the mech.
If you don't own any Mech of that variant, you can't skill the mech or convert the XP to GXP (so you would need to buy the mech again, if you want to get the XP).

New:
- You had XP on any mech you sold before ST, so you will keep the HXP + HSP (if already unlocked some skills) on that variant.
If you don't own a Mech of that variant, you can't do anything with that HXP/HSP until you re-buy that Mech.

Not sure if there would be any reason for PGI to do it otherwise.
This gives you a reason to spend money on a Mech (Cbills/MC) and possibly MC (for XP conversion) - > one MC income for PGI.
That this would be a big waste of money for you, if you only want that XP of the mech, should be pretty clear, but thats not the point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users