Keep It Simple

1 reply to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

First off, I'm been sick so maybe there were some changes in the last week or so I missed.

The "tree" is lovely. It is cute. And it is wasteful.

Something a few of us spoke about while in the game. When I have a mech with ECM and I'm trying to get the 2nd ECM plus (why would I need two of them?) I also HAVE to get at least one and maybe two RADAR DERPS. And a Mech with ECM does not need RADAR DERP.

And if you do want Radar Derp, you simply cannot get it, you have to take other skills(wasting skill nodes) you do not want to track down and find all FIVE Radar Derps.

Crazy idea. Keep it simple. Have all the skills separate and in Columns.

Range? All in one row, how many do you want? Yaw, same thing.

Sensor Range, right here in this column. One of the possible pluses about this new "tree" is bringing "true scouts" to the game. And Mechs will have different speeds and skills that only the pilot will know.

2nd point: I'd add more Skill Nodes (from 91 to 95 for instance) and add a little further distance in some trees/columns. A greater speed tweak or more range or further/stronger sensor range etc then now.

Respect the "Troll Build" within all of us. All this Mech can do is shoot an ER PPC. Or it has an awesome array of sensors. Add and allow a bit more than normal.

And there should be a way to test your build before you pay for it.

#2 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

And please give us a way to know the difference between the Mobility quirks.

I had no problem with the old system, and if they were different Mechs, I can even see doing three of them. And at least I KNEW how that Mech would feel/move etc.

All I wanted was a lot more Modules and more Module slots. If I had more slots I'd put the 5 Mech Modules I want and the 3 Weapon ones I want on it.

Just give us more module slots to unlock and 20-30 more modules. 6 Mech slots and 4 Weapon ones.

And also if you want, more skills to unlock like speed and armor etc.

But cut down the tree, turn it into lumber and then makes rows or columns with it.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users