• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

hey guys,

i recreated the Bounty Hunter's Timber Wolf using the specs of Sarna

TBR-Bounty Hunter

it's got alot of firepower...
but i cant seem to manage the heat properly in game...
cant sustain fire very well and i end up overheating very quickly...
(probably also because i'm a noob lol)

is this loadout actually viable?
has anyone actually used such a layout effectively?

cheers

#2 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

I would put the two LPLs on one arm (probably your Right) and then the other mediums in the torsos and one in the left arm. You then get a big punch at range with no convergence problems and a "shield side" on the left. Just put the two LPLs on one firing number and the mediums on the other. Fire the LPLs at range and then fire the MPLs preferentially at shorter engagements with the LPLs firing if you have excess heat scale left over.

#3 Jiffy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

That build should be viable. It could be optimized like Mercworks said, but I enjoy having weapons spread around more like in your build. It's actually a lot like the Steam performance pack TBR, which is plenty viable. The only difference is that yours carries MPL's instead of regular ERML's, which consumes a bit more weight that you'd normally be able to use on heat sinks. It would probably run a bit hot but I bet the heat can be managed if you're careful enough.

#4 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

I agree. The trick is to not overuse the LPLs when you get to brawling ranges. They don't have as good a heat/damage ratio as the MPLs.

#5 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

That build runs abit too hot for my personal liking.
Also personally, I would put the 2lpl on the torso... to have it as close to the cockpit as possible for ease of use and hill poking ability.
The mpl runs too hot for that small amount of heatsinks, usually people would run 2lpl and 4-5 erml.
Thats the usual laser vomit build.
I personally don't prefer the usual laser vom setup, I like the short durations of the mpl instead.
My full laser vom Timby I use the TBR-A.
With its full 8 set omnipod, you get a -5% heat gen quirk.
Slap in all laser hardpoint with 6 mpl, put in as much heatsinks as you can and a TC7.
Plus the mpl range module, and your mpl can reach out with an optimum range of close to 400m.
So it is good for mid range fights, where usually all pug matches tend to revolve around with the exception of a few long range maps.
With the heat gen quirk, you are good to alpha 3 times before shutting down almost on any map, except for terra therma I suppose xD
But in a brawl, stagger the mpl to fire 3 x 3 and heat becomes very manageable and dps sustainably high.
With the TBR-A high mounted left pod, it is good for hill poking as well and you don't get any of the negative quirks that comes with it.
Also you have a dead right side you can twist to as most of your fire power will rely on the high mounted left pod.
It is a very agile mid range heavy puncher, with the pin point and short duration of mpl it is a very potent and fun build in my opinion :D

Edited by Hunter Tseng, 14 March 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

here, I fix:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8afd157304d3581

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostMercworks, on 12 March 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

The trick is to not overuse the LPLs when you get to brawling ranges. They don't have as good a heat/damage ratio as the MPLs.

the damage / heat ratio difference between the MPLs and LPLs in this specific build really is not that bad.
Still, going to be a better idea to lean on the MPLs at closer range because of lower duration / faster recycle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users