Meta Bear! Unique Qaud Gauss/ppc Build!(Meta-Cheese Challenge!)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm surprised I never made a thread on this. It's a unique build that as far as I now is the only mech in the whole game that can physically outfit this build.

Quad Gauss/PPC

Build:

Meta Bear

It is KDK-3! It has a lot of damage output but was obviously nerfed a while back. Meaning the only version of it in the game got weaker. The videos below are from before the nerf. But it's still doable. I call it a Pro Meta build! Meta that requires skill to actually use! >< Or at least sufficient downsides and enough of a challenge to make it interesting.

Vids:

400 damage

700 damage

I had a 1200 game also, but I was not recording at the time.

So, anyone want to try out this unique build? Post your videos or screenshots of games in this mech build and show how much you can get in it! >< I'm calling it the, "Meta-Cheese Challenge!"

Feel free to change out the TC for an ammo if desired.

Hint: there is enough heat when the mech is mastered fully for exactly 4 PPC shots and as many Gauss as you can fire. Each 25% literally lets you fire a single PPC and 50% a double shot.

I tend to use the idea of poping up, if possible, fireing off the PPC and guass until my heat is out(4 shots) and then fireing Gauss as I slink back into cover for extra damage. This is because of the high mounted gauss.

Edited by Arugela, 21 March 2017 - 06:14 AM.

#2 W Ventilator

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Now, don't get me wrong; on paper, this mech seems to me to be viable as well...

Where's the armor? ANY hit to your 'Mech is chancing internal critical hits, even from the first shot taken to any location at all.

This 'Mech seems to be on the epitome side of, "Just because one can, does not mean one should," to me.

#3 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostW Ventilator, on 14 March 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Now, don't get me wrong; on paper, this mech seems to me to be viable as well...

Where's the armor? ANY hit to your 'Mech is chancing internal critical hits, even from the first shot taken to any location at all.

This 'Mech seems to be on the epitome side of, &quot;Just because one can, does not mean one should,&quot; to me.

You, sir, are clearly not familiar with Arugela's postings...

#4 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

It's a fun build. It's a joke about meta. It's the only mech that can fit Qaud PPC/Guass, but you have to go naked. Or with a tiny amount of armor and a 200STD engine. (Note: You get more ammo naked. Two tons extra if you dump the TC.)

The most powerful meta combo = Pro meta = no armor! 8p

With it you can see just how terrifying naked bear in the woods can be!

I didn't want to post this, but here is the armored version:

Meta Bear Armored

If you don't think you can handle it!

This version has 4 tons of ammo for base 100 seconds of fire. The naked version has 5-6 tons for a base 100-150 seconds of fire time.

Or, one ton of armor:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a0261d16f4ffbfc

Edited by Arugela, 14 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#5 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I haven't been paying attention to the forums. I missed my chance to submit this as a build for the KDK-3 champion!!!

It should have definitely been looked at. Maybe they could have made a version with actual armor or something. ><

This build is too unique not to be considered. Even if it has no chance of making it!

Edited by Arugela, 21 March 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#6 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

This is my type of build!

- No Armor to speak of
- Gauss

My Gauss Urbanmech approves of this build. Dontor's triple Gauss Muromets also agrees!!

#7 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

I tried to build one in smurfy. This is the best I could make: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7ce91fa998f8c76

https://tarogato-mwo...4c-bb9044a81d40

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users