#1 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hello MWO Fans,

As we know, the MechWarrior Academy "is dope" as my grandpa would say.
(My grandpa sold dope so he said that a lot, but he's dead now so don't ask for any)
((just kidding he didn't sell dope, but he is still dead))
(((bad joke, sorry)))

What would be Neat is if the Drop Decks were accessible within the Academy. Even just your 1st drop deck would be awesome to be able to quick switch to.

Keep up the great work PGI, and thank you Dave for watching over this forum!

Thank you,
Adam

RIP Grandpa, you were Dope

#2 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostArcher Magnus, on 13 March 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hello MWO Fans,

As we know, the MechWarrior Academy "is dope" as my grandpa would say.
(My grandpa sold dope so he said that a lot, but he's dead now so don't ask for any)
((just kidding he didn't sell dope, but he is still dead))
(((bad joke, sorry)))

What would be Neat is if the Drop Decks were accessible within the Academy. Even just your 1st drop deck would be awesome to be able to quick switch to.

Keep up the great work PGI, and thank you Dave for watching over this forum!

Thank you,
Adam

RIP Grandpa, you were Dope

I wish your grandpa was alive today selling me dope.....That would be dope

OK that was stupid,and yes your post made me laugh and I like your idea

#3 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hmm... That would work.

Mechs can't be dynamically loaded (don't ask), but a checkbox in the Academy menu to include a drop deck could substitute your mechs for those lined up on the mechswapper platforms. A nice time saver.

Not going to be high on anyone's priority list anytime soon, but a good solution that works within the technical limitations.

I'm happy to keep an eye on things in this forum, but remember I'm on MW5 now - and the Academy is considered "good enough" for the moment.

#4 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 13 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hmm... That would work.

Mechs can't be dynamically loaded (don't ask), but a checkbox in the Academy menu to include a drop deck could substitute your mechs for those lined up on the mechswapper platforms. A nice time saver.

Not going to be high on anyone's priority list anytime soon, but a good solution that works within the technical limitations.

I'm happy to keep an eye on things in this forum, but remember I'm on MW5 now - and the Academy is considered "good enough" for the moment.

Hope you have fun making MW5 - Can't wait to see the missions made there :)

I know this is a longshot but....

Is the map in the Harebrained Schemes Game Demo the same base as the one in the Alpha we saw for MechWarrior 5?

#5 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 13 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hmm... That would work.

David

Considering the communication debacle that PGI has had recently over the skill tree

I like to say thanks for coming on the forum to offer answers to some of our questions . It does not matter than you can't change things but the explanation is useful.

#6 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 13 March 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Hope you have fun making MW5 - Can't wait to see the missions made there Posted Image

I know this is a longshot but....

Is the map in the Harebrained Schemes Game Demo the same base as the one in the Alpha we saw for MechWarrior 5?

No. The MechCon demo level was a testing scenario and not meant to directly represent any particular mission at any particular date or location (and definitely not a first or tutorial mission). Hairbrained did give us a geometry for the Manticore tank and missile vehicle.

#7 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

No. The MechCon demo level was a testing scenario and not meant to directly represent any particular mission at any particular date or location (and definitely not a first or tutorial mission). Hairbrained did give us a geometry for the Manticore tank and missile vehicle.

Much excitement just happened right now for me! :o

Thanks though, I was really unsure cause when I looked at it, the base in the demo looked kinda similar but then again not really.

Well, hope the designing of the game goes well :)

#8 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Quite satisfied with that new game... even with the glitches and problems but hey its a beta
Anyway Thee idea of being able to access your own(d) mechs With in the training compound (*academy is such a non mechwarrior word) is a fantastic idea

mechs displayed in order of purchase like your profile shows here, starting from the first slot you see representing your first purchase you made

the trial selection should then be pushed back, (trial selection meaning what ever they have there now)

#9 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostBurning2nd, on 20 June 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

... (*academy is such a non mechwarrior word)

http://www.sarna.net...CAF_-_Academies
http://www.sarna.net...ilitary_Science
http://www.sarna.net...Warrior_Academy
http://www.sarna.net...tute_of_Science

Just sayin' Posted Image Posted Image

#10 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

I really like this cooperation that is going on here. One would sometimes wish it would happen more between game developers, if I look at the various Star Trek games and their custom ship models for example... On STO ships from Armada are often requested, but it can't be done, because the rights are not with CBS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users