Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201705tuk

#2 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

I know they are explanatory but I just wanted to share this fun thing that came up when designing the event~

Posted Image This means Easy Mode! You could probably do this in an UrbanMech!

Posted Image It's getting warmer, you're gonna have to go full Nova for this one!

Posted Image You're gonna need a bigger hammer to nail this one. So completionists beware!! It's gonna be tough..

Posted Image This will be a Dire situation! Remember this is the real Hard Mode, for those with much patience, skill and time!

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winning side should always be attacking on Siege Mode, and the losing side should be defending. General problem with FP mode honestly.

Edited by NlGHTBlRD, 05 May 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#4 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 04 May 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

This will be a Dire situation! Remember this is the real Hard Mode, for those with much patience, skill and time!

Who you are trying to scare? I am stuck with MWO since 2013!

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

Those are some pretty nice personal challenge rewards. The way you set up the daily challenge should hopefully make people fight extra hard for their faction. I just hope too many people don't flip their contracts mid-week if one side can't seem to win.

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

The event ends on Sunday May 14th? Odd to end on a Sunday...

and yeah, holy personal rewards batman!

Edited by Big Tin Man, 04 May 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#7 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

How do we pick a faction for the event. Sure as hell my Devil Dogs won't be playing Liao. We just happened to have the contract at the moment. We will be playing as Wolves or not at all. Do I need to send a ticket into support?

#8 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Mercs get grouped with whomever they are aligned with? or are those Loyalist only prizes? (warhorns + banners)

#9 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Will you reset contract / faction association before the event?

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Looks interesting, thanks.

I hope we get an even-ish distribution of units across the Factions, so that the tug-of-war is fairly close.

#11 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostTerrastras Rex, on 04 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Mercs get grouped with whomever they are aligned with? or are those Loyalist only prizes? (warhorns + banners)

Whichever Faction you do the most drops with at the end of the event.
and that day for the Daily challenge.

View Postinvernomuto, on 04 May 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Will you reset contract / faction association before the event?

No plans to reset contracts.

#12 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Call me crazy, but the progress bar on the even page seems to be backward from the normal bar in faction warfare. Normally, if the bar is all the way to the right, the Inner Sphere is winning, but with the bar on the event page, it looks like if the bar is all the way to the left, the Inner Sphere is winning. To prevent confusion, you might want to make those two graphics sync up.

Also - how many faction banners / warhorns do you get at the end, anyway? It seems like it's more than one, but how many more?

Edited by Khalcruth, 04 May 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#13 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 04 May 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Call me crazy, but the progress bar on the even page seems to be backward from the normal bar in faction warfare. Normally, if the bar is all the way to the right, the Inner Sphere is winning, but with the bar on the event page, it looks like if the bar is all the way to the left, the Inner Sphere is winning. To prevent confusion, you might want to make those two graphics sync up. Also - how many faction banners / warhorns do you get at the end, anyway? It seems like it's more than one, but how many more?

You are not crazy. We had a similar observation hours before launching. We have our top men working on the problem now.
A number of banners you will receive is reliant on how well your unit does in the Faction Leaderboards.

#14 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 May 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

No plans to reset contracts.

Don't do this to us. PLEASE don't do this to us. We really want to play in this event, but:
Some of us would NEVER play for Liao.
Some of us will ONLY play for Wolf.

We are only Liao for the Cbills currently, because there faction play was meaningless. Now that it has meaning, we must be allowed to play with our trothkin, as we have the last two events. If you'd announced this a day earlier, we would not have taken our current contract.

You MUST let us play with our friends. Don't do this to us! This is the first event my unit has been excited to play in months!

Our unit did well on the leaderboards in the past, and we want to see if we can match that achievement again. But I need to have my guys united in order to show up at all!

PLEASE change us to Wolf. PLEASE.

#15 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

So on United, can you earn that multiple times? i.e. Do you get 2,000,000 CB and 30,000 GXP for every unit member who gets to 100,000 group XP?

#16 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Load up on your PPCs and Gauss Rifles! Don't forget your "git gud" and "so salty" insults either!

#17 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

By my tally...

Posted Image

925-1,150 mc depending on IS/Clan overall performance
24.5-29 million c-bills depending on IS/Clan overall performance (not counting what you earned in game)
44 supply cache keys
30,000 GXP
2 Mechbays
7 days active PT

#18 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Some really nice personal challenges here. One comment on the leaderboards. With the way FW has done Merc contract bonuses the faction leaderboards may well be either pretty easy or insanely hard to place on. For example 3rd place in say CSJ or Liao may well be far higher than 1st place of a "high loyalist population" faction (which has few loyalists actually playing) with few Mercs in it. Some factions have few Mercs and few active loyalists, but lots of inactive loyalists. Some have all the Mercs piled info the due to the contract bonus. It's only pride and warhorns, but the whole way Merc contracts are done is going to show up here most likely.

#19 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostTercieI, on 04 May 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

So on United, can you earn that multiple times? i.e. Do you get 2,000,000 CB and 30,000 GXP for every unit member who gets to 100,000 group XP?

You can only earn that reward once total, even if you complete both solitary and united.

For United, your unit collects 100,000 XP as a group, not individually.
For example, say, unit member 1 accumulates 10,000 XP, unit member 2 accumulates 50,000 XP, unit member 3 accumulates 0 XP and unit member 4 accumulates 40,000 XP, this challenge for each member of the unit would reach the 100,000 XP achievement and all unit members would receive the prize of 2,000,000 CB and 30,000 GXP once each. including unit member 3!

#20 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Is there going to be item, colors, decals sale? Perfect time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users