Any Mechs With Balistics Or Missiles In Head?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

I was thinking I liked how the cyclops and loyalty Atlas was. I was wondering if there were any with a slot for ballistics in the face. Or even Missiles.. 8)

both would be cool. You could fit a machine gun for balistics or any non Artamis SRM you wanted. 8 damage from the face would be pretty awesome! let alone the new machine guns.

And I was wondering beyond just the game. In lore in general. AKA could we ever see it in game. I'm assuming nothing has it currently. Although I'm not that certain. I've only seen lasers in the face. And I'm pretty sure I've looked at most of the mech by now.

Edited by Arugela, 13 March 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#2 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=254
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=253

Edited by Bluttrunken, 13 March 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

Grasshoppers and Shadowhawks tend to have a single missile slot in the head location. The Wolverine,Hunchback, Adder and a few others have an energy slot.

I don't recall any that has a ballistic slot though.

#4 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hm, come to think of it, an AC2 in the head would be pretty fun.

PGI PLZ! Posted Image

#5 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

I don't think there are any "BattleMechs" with a ballistic slot in the head. There are some with enough room in the head for a Large Laser (like a Scylla). Although there are some mechs with enough room in the CT to fit heavy Ballistic weapons in some Assaults and Superheavies (a whole Gauss Rifle in the case of the Omega).

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostAthom83, on 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

I don't think there are any "BattleMechs" with a ballistic slot in the head. There are some with enough room in the head for a Large Laser (like a Scylla). Although there are some mechs with enough room in the CT to fit heavy Ballistic weapons in some Assaults and Superheavies (a whole Gauss Rifle in the case of the Omega).

Clan ERLLs take up only a single crit slot, so any mech technically could place that into the head component, as in lore there are no "hard points" to stop you. In this game, any clan mech with an energy slot in it's head can fit in an ERLL. IS mechs, not so lucky.

#7 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

Cataphract 4X has a missile hardpoint in the head, but nowhere else on its body, and it's also generally weak as a mech. No mech currently has a head mounted ballistic weapon; however, the Mad Cat Mark II announced today does have a ballistic mount in the center torso of one variant. The only other mech with a center torso ballistic hardpoint is the Locust (I believe the Pirate's Bane).

#8 Mawcor

• Pip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

View PostAthom83, on 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

As someone who's long wanted to mount a cannon in a place it's comically oversized for, I found the Copperhead after some research. It should have room for an IS AC2 in the head.

We're not getting magshots or x-pulse lasers with the tech additions, so I doubt we'll be getting that mech in the foreseeable future. But a guy can dream...

#9 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostArianrhod, on 15 March 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

Cataphract 4X has a missile hardpoint in the head, but nowhere else on its body, and it's also generally weak as a mech. No mech currently has a head mounted ballistic weapon; however, the Mad Cat Mark II announced today does have a ballistic mount in the center torso of one variant. The only other mech with a center torso ballistic hardpoint is the Locust (I believe the Pirate's Bane).

Yeah, the Pirate's Bane has 2B in the CT.

The Timber Wolf Mad Cat Prime has 1B in the CT, too.

View PostMawcor, on 15 March 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

As someone who's long wanted to mount a cannon in a place it's comically oversized for, I found the Copperhead after some research. It should have room for an IS AC2 in the head.

We're not getting magshots or x-pulse lasers with the tech additions, so I doubt we'll be getting that mech in the foreseeable future. But a guy can dream...

I so want a Copperhead. I also want Magshots. Why not both? Posted Image

#10 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 15 March 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yeah, the Pirate's Bane has 2B in the CT.

The Timber Wolf Mad Cat Prime has 1B in the CT, too.

I so want a Copperhead. I also want Magshots. Why not both? Posted Image

Copperhead also has a small cockpit, reflective armor, a supercharger, and an X-pulse laser.

Edited by Requiemking, 04 May 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 04 May 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Copperhead also has a small cockpit, reflective armor, a supercharger, and an X-pulse laser.

Add them all, you say? I agree! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users