Gargoyle-D Heat Bug

12 replies to this topic

#1 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:45 PM

Be me on Grim Plexus, single fire... erppc 20 heat + erppc 20 heat + 6 x ersm 17 heat.

Now I alpha = 60 heat.

Is this some of that "new math" I've been hearing about?

I always thought something seemed funny when I alpha'd that thing, I finally watched my heat scale carefully.

That alpha strike does about 3 more heat.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:26 PM

Where do u get the 60 heat? In game heatbar is percentage. And U might be influenced bye ambient heat sources, like lava etc.hiz bye plasma /flamer...

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 17 April 2024 - 11:27 PM.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 12:55 AM

You are most likely misinterpreting the info as presented by the UI. As Ignatius said, the UI shows a percentage. The values behind that are highly dependent on your actual build and skill adjustments. With lasers, it's also woth noting that dissipation happens while the laser is still firing

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:06 AM

Can you show us your build?

https://mwo.nav-alph...=59a33fd7_GAR-D

Not sure if you're new, or have played in the past and have come back after a good break.

It shows you at Tier-2, so clearly you have put in some time.

Quite a few changes have happened over the last year.

Heatsinks were given a nerf recently, both Clan and IS singles and Doubles, as far as dissipation and capacity per sink.

Build your mech from https://mwo.nav-alpha.com (its a very detailed mechlab) and then click share and post the MechDB URL link here.

Then we can get a better idea of what is happening, and offer some better explanations or advice to help out.

Edited by Cyborne Elemental, 18 April 2024 - 04:07 AM.

#5 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:05 PM

I just tried the build in training grounds, in order to maximize the heat I did it without heat sinks, this is what I got.

6xersl = 23 heat

2 erppc = 45 heat

In the training ground test just now, when I alpha it goes to 68 heat, as it should.

Something weird is happening.

I was in live play on Grim Plexus when I saw it happen. When I did an alpha if gave me 3 extra heat (as if one of the lasers was giving some ghost heat?), I tested it several times that match with identical results.

#6 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:18 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 18 April 2024 - 04:06 AM, said:

Can you show us your build?

https://mwo.nav-alph...=59a33fd7_GAR-D

Not sure if you're new, or have played in the past and have come back after a good break.

It shows you at Tier-2, so clearly you have put in some time.

Quite a few changes have happened over the last year.

Heatsinks were given a nerf recently, both Clan and IS singles and Doubles, as far as dissipation and capacity per sink.

Build your mech from https://mwo.nav-alpha.com (its a very detailed mechlab) and then click share and post the MechDB URL link here.

Then we can get a better idea of what is happening, and offer some better explanations or advice to help out.
Here is the build...gar-d

Edited by kalashnikity, 18 April 2024 - 05:22 PM.

#7 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:26 PM

So it had about 3% extra heat when I alpha vs single fire each individual weapon in the live match in Grim Plexus.

Testing grounds did not show this behavior just now.

The Alpha in live play yesterday should have given me 57% heat, but it went up to 60%, as if there was some ghost heat somewhere.

#8 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:33 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 17 April 2024 - 11:26 PM, said:

Where do u get the 60 heat? In game heatbar is percentage. And U might be  influenced bye ambient heat sources, like lava etc.hiz bye plasma /flamer...
I don't know of any hot spots on Grim Plexus. And I'd say I am 99.9% certain I was walking for all of it, it was in the very beginning and we were looking for enemy contact. I mention that because I know walking adds heat too, moving can effect cooling rate noticeably on a stealth like a Pirate Bane with single heat sinks.

#9 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:58 PM

Testing it again, after multiple tries it looks like 6.ERSL actually get up to 18 for a millisecond, not 17 as I thought.

and the 2.ERPPC actually hit 41.

41 +18 = 59

Add in some decimals of 0.5 heat. I think I was embarrassingly wrong and wasting site resources.

#10 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2024 - 01:54 PM

According to the mechlab, it seems like a full alpha will bring you to 75% of your heat cap.

Add in bonus nodes in the skill tree for heat reduction, dissipation and capacity and you're sitting pretty good.

Without any adjustments to laser duration or cooldown, you can fire your ERSL basically forever as is.

When you're talking about "In Game" you're dealing with percentages on your heat.

Just like Ignatius and Aidan mentioned.

#11 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 April 2024 - 05:58 PM

Also depends whether or not your mech is moving or now.

Moving mechs dissipate heat more slowly.

Your mech standing still is deadly (the receiving end of it)!

#12 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 09:38 AM

Heat doesn't work right in training ground

#13 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 07:01 PM