- - - - -

A Bunch Of Questions

21 replies to this topic

#1 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

First things first, I am used to playing Mech Warrior 1-4, most experience in 2, I am used to using a Flight Stick but I can't get one, I am using a Mouse, so if anyone is hoping I will be great in battle I am afraid I wont be, because of all the keys being in place not conveint for me to use.

1: Anyone have tips for doing well without a joystick?

2: Anyone know how Heavy Lasers will work in this game? I used them all the time in my Marauder IIC for Steel Viper in Battletech, they were freaking awesome. The porblem is I feel like Lasers work like MW3 Pulse Lasers, and Pulse Lasers work sorta like MW2 Pulse Lasers, I would prefer it just being like a regular laser like in MW2.

3:How do I get new weapons and how do I equip them? I just glanced at the mech bay and it looks nothing like what I am used to, it kinda doesn't look like I can make custom loadouts.

4: When Heavy Lasers come out how do I get them? I thought maybe you buy the things in the preimum store but it looks like you only get fighters and boost and stuff like that.

5: Are Mechs that you buy a one time use thing? The reason I ask is because you apparently can have more than one of every version of every mech you can buy. It concerns me if all the mechs are a one time use thing, because that would mean if I wanted to use a Marauder IIC I would pay 15 - 20 bucks every match to use one, and I don't have the money to spend hundreds of dollars a day. It might sound like a silly question but I do know people do spend insane amounts of money in these games, which could encourage game makers to do what I think is the case in this game.

6: How can I join a Clan or House that isn't really represented in this game, and can you make clans that are not canonical? I would love to join steel viper or maybe make a non-canon clan.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

No joystick needed. In fact using a joystick is more difficult than using a mouse, not impossible but difficult setting it up and using. In game mouse settings, move sensitivity to 0.1-0.2 from its default 1.0 settings.

No idea on heavy lasers as MWO has not released any details yet.

Mechlab, as you save the mech, any new equipment put on the mech will be purchased.

Each mech is a purchase just one time and it is yours until you sell it (suggest to never sell a mech). Mechs can be purchased with $ real life cash, example the mechpacks. Eventually most will could out for purchase via MC (mech credits) which can also be purchased w/$ and eventually purchased w/C-Bills which is earned in-game (this can also be purchased for MC).

Save MC for mechbays, there are sales approx 2x/year. Not saying do not buy mechbays but when the sales occur, buy what you can when they happen. Also any type of sales will start on Fridays.

Edit.

There is the Academy. Suggest running through it a few times to get used to the mech movement control and fire control. As you progress through each trial you will also be earning C-bills. Once you are ready to drop in the the solo queue, there are 16 Trial mechs that you can pilot, 8 IS mechs and 8 Clan mechs. Meds and Heavies are the ones you will want to try first.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 March 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#3 Rintero Pryde

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

First of all, welcome to MWO! I hope you find it to your liking!

Tarle hit the nail on the head. I would only like to reiterate that when you buy a mech, it's yours until you sell it. You can modify any mech in the mechbay, but be forewarned that Clan mechs will be less modifiable than Inner Sphere. (This is okay, because they perform better and currently have access to better tech). Furthermore, you can buy over 90% of mechs in the game with IN GAME CURRENCY! The only thing you'll need to buy is, like Tarle said, the occasional few Mechbays to house these new mechs.

Not only are mechs yours forever until you sell, but so are weapon systems and equipment mounted on your mechs. You can eventually stockpile your own arsenal of energy, ballistic, and missile weapons so that when you buy a new mech down the road, you don't have to spend as much to get it up to spec!

NOTE: And I wish someone had told me this starting out, don't buy a mech of your own until you play your first 25 games. These 25 games will reward you with a very large bonus of in game currency ON TOP OF your match winnings, and by the end of those first 25 games, you will have enough to buy just about any mech available to you in in game currency. This way you also get a chance to play the trial mechs, and get a feel for what play style, weight class, and weapon systems are right for you!

If you're looking to improve your skills, the Academy is a good place to start, but what could Jumpstart you even further is joining a good unit able to show you the ropes. Shop around, check the forums, and see what unit might be a good fit.

As for your Joystick woes, I can tell you that the Joystick will not be a competitive form of control for this game. You just won't match the precision of a mouse, and we'll over 90% of players in this game realize that and use a mouse.

Good luck, have fun, and maybe we'll cross paths on the battlefield!

#4 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

https://mwomercs.com...=201703stocking

Also, there are events where you can earn prizes, such as the one that starts tomorrow, or has already started , the Lucky Charm Event. Always check the Announcement folder and/or MWO front page.

Start - Mar 16th 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Mar 17th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)
End - Mar 31st 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Apr 1st 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

But definitely run through the Academy a few times though before going live.

Edit. As previously mentioned, when you do drop into the solo queue, run the mediums or heavies, stay with the main group.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 March 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

the acadimies basic training pays out 5 million cbills, the first 25 games pay out match earnings + 12 million so worst case after completing the basic training and 25 games you will have 18 million, possibly significantly more, that will allow you to purchase any 1 (or 2-3 lower cost) Mech.

I advise you to try out most of the trial Mechs, and take notes on what you like/dislike about each Mech and weapon you tried, if you find one you fall in love with just buy one of the varients of that Mech, but first check it out on Smurfys Mechlab to figure out what you can do with it and how much it will cost to outfit (depending on the Mech outfitting can cost next to nothing or as much as 4 times the initial purchase cost)

if you do not find a Mech which you love that is where those notes come in, come back here and tell us what you liked/hated about each Mech and weapon, give us as much detail as possible and we should be able to sugest something which will be good for you rather than just the generic sugestion we would offer if you did not give us much to go on

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 17 March 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

[Don't use one A four button mouse is more than sufficient and they're often only 10 bucks at Walmart.]

2: Anyone know how Heavy Lasers will work in this game? I used them all the time in my Marauder IIC for Steel Viper in Battletech, they were freaking awesome. The porblem is I feel like Lasers work like MW3 Pulse Lasers, and Pulse Lasers work sorta like MW2 Pulse Lasers, I would prefer it just being like a regular laser like in MW2.

[Nope]

3:How do I get new weapons and how do I equip them? I just glanced at the mech bay and it looks nothing like what I am used to, it kinda doesn't look like I can make custom loadouts.

[Own a mech first. You cannot equip trial mechs. They are loaners. Buy normal mechs (which are stock mechs) with cbills and upgrade/trick them out however you want.]

4: When Heavy Lasers come out how do I get them? I thought maybe you buy the things in the preimum store but it looks like you only get fighters and boost and stuff like that.

[Same as above. All weapons, equipment, etc. is Cbills (in game currency earned through play) only. Some exceptions on consumables where both versions exist but if you invest in unlocking them then the cbill versions will be just as effective as the MC ones.]

5: Are Mechs that you buy a one time use thing? The reason I ask is because you apparently can have more than one of every version of every mech you can buy. It concerns me if all the mechs are a one time use thing, because that would mean if I wanted to use a Marauder IIC I would pay 15 - 20 bucks every match to use one, and I don't have the money to spend hundreds of dollars a day. It might sound like a silly question but I do know people do spend insane amounts of money in these games, which could encourage game makers to do what I think is the case in this game.

[I honestly would enjoy if this was the case (with significantly cheaper prices and ways to maintain them as this would put a whole lot more point and purpose into Faction Play). However all mechs are permanently yours so long as you don't sell them off. This said, in certain modes like "Invasion" and "Counter Attack" on Faction Play, you will have up to 4 mechs with a certain drop tonnage permitted, each time you die your next mech 'lands' via dropship. This is where owning more than one comes in handy. Also if while playing quickplay you die quickly you can leave the match and pick another mech to drop in -- as such maybe you want more than one of the same to help grind it out quickly?

Also of noteworthy interest, the new skill tree has branching 'trees' and a limited number of unlocks with a huge selection. Each copy of the same mech will be able to be unique in those unlocks. So there is a bit of extra reason to own more than one if you so choose.]

6: How can I join a Clan or House that isn't really represented in this game, and can you make clans that are not canonical? I would love to join steel viper or maybe make a non-canon clan.

[In MWO, all 'Units' are required to be non-canonical in nature. So much that even derivations and deviations of the spelling of canonical mercs, military forces and factions are not permitted. This said your choices are an existing faction or being a mercenary. There's different reward ladder either way (which includes free mechbays). Just hit Faction, then from there try the tabs and see what you can find. It's changed since I started and I have always been a mercenary so I don't know what it looks like if you're not a merc.]

Edited by Koniving, 17 March 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#7 PiperJ3

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

1. I also used to play games with a Joystick....a mouse works better here. Grab an inexpensive 4 or 6 button mouse. In the game adjust your mouse sensitivity...likely you will want it to move slower, rather than faster cuz its easier to hold your aim on moving targets. I keep my left hand fingers on W and F to steer..and I can easily tap S for reverse, or R to lock target. I aim and shoot with the mouse. If I need to hit any other buttons I just glance down real quick andhit them, then my hand goes back to W, F position.

2. Lazers do good damage but hey also generate the most heat...so you have to learn some awareness of how much you are shooting. Your Mech will shut down for a few seconds if your exceed the heat threshold. Experiment with the different weapons...in my case, Ive been playing for close to 2 months now and Ive kind of gone through an evolving process with which weapons I like...or got hooked on playing. So be open minded...there are advantages to each weapon.

3. Just keep toying with it and you'll starting getting around in short order. The interface is drag and drop. When you slide a new weapon into place the added price ( in C-bills) will be present over the big yellow Save button. In the weapons list on the right, if you own any of a particular weapon it will be indicated with a number after the name of the weapon. If you drag an already owned weapon to your Mech, no price amount will be added to the total since you already own that piece. Under HOME/Inventory you can see lists of things you own. There are seveal MechWarrior players who post videos on youtube regularly...watching these will fasttrack your knowledge immensely, both in using the mechlab and understanding how things effect each other, and in gameplay and piloting skills.

4. New tech usually is made available for $$ purchase ( with some special elements added) before it is put into the game a few months later.

5. You buy it you own it, unlimited use. You can earn C-Bills ingame, or buy them with cash. First things first however....follow the academy and get your 25 games in with C-Bill rewards....THEN, start thinking about buying mechs :). Use the TRIAL MECHS to get a feel for different ones and what things you like in a mech...for example..speed and manuverability...or slow and massive firepower....arm mounted weapons or high torso mounted weapons. some mechs twist fast, some slow, some can aim up high, some can jumpjet to a ledge... Every person is different and every mech offers something a little different...that is why there are so vast a variety of mechs in every battle you play. You can customize every mech, but not equally.

6. You can join any group or create any group you like. There is also "Faction Play" which is like the Lore aspect of the game....but honestly you should'nt deal with that right now...You'll get eaten alive. Its great fun, but its competative, so you need to know what you are doing because your teammates will expect you to know what you are doing. .Get a few weeks under your belt. Watch videos to see how good players operate.

You can join a unit ( otherwise known as a clan, group, guild etc) and do "Group Drops" with them...it does require you to have a premium subscription ( cheap) to run in group play. Group drops are very fun, you make good friends and its good training for Faction Play. You will likely be asked by your clan to get on TeamSpeak with them ( or similar)...a third party voice chat software.

To join a clan visit the clans section of this forum and reach out to some of the groups..they usually post their guild website. You can also get in the general area of TeamSpeak. Also...use the default ingame voice chat to speak up , be friendly, be involved in the game...you'll get someones attention. The battles are SO MUCH BETTER when people are vocal in the heat of battle.You can also build a friends list in the game via invite, then you both can see when your online and you can create a group session and do group drops.

Juzt to add emphasis.....the best approach to buying mechs is to simply hold off on doing so until youve driven several. If you have hobby money to put into th egame, then this isnt an issue..but if you need to primarily rely on ingame money earned....your choices need some reasearch first, so to maximize the benefit of your hard earned mulah.

...because heres whats going to happen anyway....what you like or want in a mech is going to evolve as you get better at this game...that is 100% gauranteed....and moreso in the beggining because you are coming from a point of not knowing anything. So its like putting a blindfold on an dtrying to shoot an arrow at a target. So you want to use your initial bonus C-Bill money to get somethgin you actually like. ..once you get going, earning more C-bills is easier and you can add to your mech collection as you go and as differnet things start to appeal to you.

This is a reoccurring thing that many veteran players talk about...so take it seriously. Again..see Youtube for some fasttrack learning curve advancement...there are some guys who experiment with different mech builds and then you can watch how it does in battle. You will learn much about piloting and the mechs themselves.

Good Luck !

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

4. New tech usually is made available for $$ purchase ( with some special elements added) before it is put into the game a few months later.

True of new mechs. Not true of new tech. Last time new tech was added it was available immediately (Clan equipment and weapons). The same will be true here. It even says as much on the page talking about it. That you do not need to make a purchase or to own the civil war mechs to be able to use the new tech.

Edited by Koniving, 17 March 2017 - 09:11 AM.

#9 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostLunar Steel Viper, on 16 March 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

First things first, I am used to playing Mech Warrior 1-4, most experience in 2, I am used to using a Flight Stick but I can't get one, I am using a Mouse, so if anyone is hoping I will be great in battle I am afraid I wont be, because of all the keys being in place not conveint for me to use.

1. Map out your firing groups to your mouse buttons. Usually this means 3 or 4 groups.
2. Heavy lasers won't come out till July so no one has any idea yet.
3. There is a panel where new weapons and such are stored, at some resolutions and on some monitors you have to toggle it on and off, other times it is omni present. But you can't change any of the weapons on a trial mech, so if you went to the mech lab with a trial mech you probably found the experience very limiting / non functional. Gotta get your own mech before you can really unlock the mech lab.
4. When they come out in July you can buy them in the mech lab and equip them to your mech. They will cost c bills.
5. Once you actually purchase a mech you will be able to play with it as much as you like and customize it as much as you like. They are definitely not one time use. Trial mechs are also are not one time use either but you have no ability to customize them. Double and Endo are the typical upgrades people purchase on their mech's for weight savings don't buy ferro. There isn't much point owning more than one of a single variant (although i do own two of the same warhammers, because i wanted the same play experience in my Faction play drop deck.) but currently to unlock all the skills on a mech you need 3 variants of the same chassis. If you are looking to buy your first mech i recommend a heavy or medium as they tend to be less difficult to pilot than assaults or lights.
6. Some people will tell you to wait for faction play until you have at least 4 mechs that you own, but this ignores the benefits of getting free mech bays by getting to level 2 with all the factions. You can do this by playing mostly scouting mode so a trial mech isn't out of the question. If you try the invasion part of faction play you get bigger rewards but you are gonna get stomped unless you drop with a group. As for finding a unit you have to forum warrior it and google foo your way into one or start your own.

#10 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Thank you for your suggestions, I finished more than Half the Academe already, I don't know if you are not allowed the full features of mechs until you buy them, like what they do in SWBF:EA, example being that the DLT-19X Sniper Rifle will not have its sniper scope until you use real money to buy the gun, but alot of the time I played the Academe I had zero hud readouts, no crosshairs. I was using the Raidar X Medium Lasers to trace were my guns were pointing so I could fire my PPC and Auto Cannon. Funny thing though, the Hud randomly turned on after I failed one of the missions.

Anyway I feel my experence with the other MechWarriors has helped me because gamemechanics wise it plays nearly the same. My only problem is the changes to Lasers, I never ever like MW3s pulse Lasers and the Regular lasers in this work just about like those, and the Gauss Rifle, I hate its charge game mechanics and I hate the visiual effects of the gun. Unless my game is glitching, it looks like I am firing a Shot Gun, or rather I am firing a cluster of small grenades that go 60 degrees into the air and come back down 20 feet infront of the mech.

I am stuck with a WarHawk, and I was shocked by the loadout it has, the primary loadout in MW2 had a bunch of PPC, to my shock I had a bunch of Lasers and Pulse Lasers and the weird Gauss Rifle, or is it supposed to be the HAG? I just now reallized it could be a HAG but at the same time, I don't think it fires projectiles 60% up into the air and crash down 20 feet away like an airburst weapon.

I mostly just want to use the Mechs i am familar with from MW2-4, that being the Marauders, War Hammers, Raidar X, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Timber Wolf, Dragon, Kodak, Commandos, Nova Cat, Nova, and Super Nova. I thought maybe I saw a Champion, though I am not sure. I also would love to use the other Project Phoenix mech aka Forgotten, aka Robotech / Macross Destroids and Veritechs,

The problem for me, with the Mouse, is that it only has two buttons, I will be stuck with it for a very long time. The reason I like the Stick, or at least like the ones I used for MW2-4 is that it was opptomised for MW. It might not have the accuracy of a mouse, but I had amazing control over my mech, the only better I could get is the actually Mech Warrior simulators the have at arcades or in Chicago. It already had weapons placement all the way up to 8 and an Alpha Strike buttion, as well as control over the targeting selection, and zoom, all on one stick.

To fire any-other weapons outside of 1-2 I have to take my hand of the movement controls, and I pretty much am takeout because I am essentially a giant tower. I supposed I could pick one primary weapons and have everything else be in number 2 so I can Alpha much better.

So If I buy my own mech I will be able to see all the different weapons and gear I should be able to buy? Because I am not seeing it now.

I don't know if I should ask this here, but does anyone know if we will ever get LAMS, Plasma Particle Projection Cannons, Volcano Cannons, War Hammer Heavy Missiles or any Arty style weapons, Blood Asps, Ragnaroks / Ymirs, Marauder 2, or any 100+ ton mechs?

It would be cool to have the true Flying Mechs that transform from the series, I suppose PPPC cannons could charge and fire faster than PPC but the projectiles could be slower and it hits less as hard, Volcano Cannons should be a hard heavy hitting rapid fire missile that both super heats enemies and heats up the mech firing them. Ragnaroks and Ymirs are just freaking awesome looking and it would be interesting if they did have the shielding they got, I suppose the shileds could contribute heat while active, to discourage people just leaving them on none stop.

I was gonna make some suggestions to the develpoers about Heavy Lasers, but I can't. But I feel that besides being beefier, visually they should be very diffrent. Like the Large Heavy should be a Purple Laser, Medium Heavy should be a Dark Forset Green, and Small Heavy should be Orange or Yellow.

Edited by Lunar Steel Viper, 17 March 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostLunar Steel Viper, on 17 March 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Thank you for your suggestions, I finished more than Half the Academe already, I don't know if you are not allowed the full features of mechs until you buy them, like what they do in SWBF:EA, example being that the DLT-19X Sniper Rifle will not have its sniper scope until you use real money to buy the gun, but alot of the time I played the Academe I had zero hud readouts, no crosshairs. I was using the Raidar X Medium Lasers to trace were my guns were pointing so I could fire my PPC and Auto Cannon. Funny thing though, the Hud randomly turned on after I failed one of the missions.

there is no advantage to buying a Mech with real money, however there are some special varients which give bonus cbill or xp earinings

there are bugs in the accadimy which can cause the HUD to go missing, powering the Mech down and back up usualy clears this (or so I have been told, I have never persionaly experianced it so am just repeating advice I have heard elsewhere)

Anyway I feel my experence with the other MechWarriors has helped me because gamemechanics wise it plays nearly the same. My only problem is the changes to Lasers, I never ever like MW3s pulse Lasers and the Regular lasers in this work just about like those, and the Gauss Rifle, I hate its charge game mechanics and I hate the visiual effects of the gun. Unless my game is glitching, it looks like I am firing a Shot Gun, or rather I am firing a cluster of small grenades that go 60 degrees into the air and come back down 20 feet infront of the mech.

the Gauss rifle effectively made the AC20 obsolite having something for 15 damage but with a max range of 2km+ (at the time, range now reduced to double optomum rather than treble) rather than 500m so they put in the charge mechanic rather than bother with coding in a minimum range, to reinforce the Gauss Rifles use as a sniper weapon

I am stuck with a WarHawk, and I was shocked by the loadout it has, the primary loadout in MW2 had a bunch of PPC, to my shock I had a bunch of Lasers and Pulse Lasers and the weird Gauss Rifle, or is it supposed to be the HAG? I just now reallized it could be a HAG but at the same time, I don't think it fires projectiles 60% up into the air and crash down 20 feet away like an airburst weapon.

I suspect you are playing the Champion Warhawk, that build was a player designed Mech, and at the time it was about the "most efficent" possible loadout you could put on the Warhawk, unfortunately the game evolves so a Mech designed 3 months ago could be less than perfect now, and I think that one was designed about 2 years ago, I thaught wrong, it was only designed a little over a year ago, but like most Champion Mechs people post builds then other people vote on them, unfortunately "meta" builds usualy win, and have usualy been made obsolite by changing quirks or weapon values BEFORE making it into the game.
[rant]
even if the meta build is still "good" it often requires all Mech skills or good player skills to work well, everyone knows they are to be used as Trial Mechs, so need to be a build which is ok in the hands of a less skilled pilot, and needs to be something unlikely to be quickly obsolited but most people seem incapable of factoring that into builds and voting
[/rant]

no the Gauss is not supposed to be the HAG, it fires 1 shell for 15 damage.

if you own a Mech you can change the loadout to your satisifaction, but Trial Mechs have a fixed loadout, there are 2 basic types of Mech, Battlemechs can change engine including choosing betweek Standard and XL, add/remove upgrades like Endo Steel Internals, Fero Fibrus Armor and Double Heat Sinks, while Omnimechs like the Warhawk have a fixed engine as well as armor, structure and heatsink type and often some other fixed equipment but you can get the "omnipods" from another varient to change arround weapon hardpoints.

there should be 16 trial Mechs available, 2 each, Clan and IS for each weight class

I mostly just want to use the Mechs i am familar with from MW2-4, that being the Marauders, War Hammers, Raidar X, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Timber Wolf, Dragon, Kodak, Commandos, Nova Cat, Nova, and Super Nova. I thought maybe I saw a Champion, though I am not sure. I also would love to use the other Project Phoenix mech aka Forgotten, aka Robotech / Macross Destroids and Veritechs,

most of those are available, Marauder, Warhammer, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Timber Wolf, Dragon, Commando, Nova are all available for cbills (earned ingame currency). The Super Nova is currently only available as part of a preorder but will be available for cbills on the 6th of June

just to head off a common new player question, if you look in the store and a Mech gives both cbill and MC prices, that means you can buy for ether, it does not cost both

The problem for me, with the Mouse, is that it only has two buttons, I will be stuck with it for a very long time. The reason I like the Stick, or at least like the ones I used for MW2-4 is that it was opptomised for MW. It might not have the accuracy of a mouse, but I had amazing control over my mech, the only better I could get is the actually Mech Warrior simulators the have at arcades or in Chicago. It already had weapons placement all the way up to 8 and an Alpha Strike buttion, as well as control over the targeting selection, and zoom, all on one stick.

To fire any-other weapons outside of 1-2 I have to take my hand of the movement controls, and I pretty much am takeout because I am essentially a giant tower. I supposed I could pick one primary weapons and have everything else be in number 2 so I can Alpha much better.

you can use a joystick but keyboard and mouse work better for most people, however I do know some people use stick for movement and mouse to aim, which would also give you access to the sticks fire buttons

So If I buy my own mech I will be able to see all the different weapons and gear I should be able to buy? Because I am not seeing it now.

go to the Mechlab and you can see all available weapons and gear, or you can have a play on Smurfys Mechlab, that site also has detailed specs for all Mechs and equipment, it is one of the best resorces for MWO

I don't know if I should ask this here, but does anyone know if we will ever get LAMS, Plasma Particle Projection Cannons, Volcano Cannons, War Hammer Heavy Missiles or any Arty style weapons, Blood Asps, Ragnaroks / Ymirs, Marauder 2, or any 100+ ton mechs?

Laser AMS is coming in a few month, there are artilary strike and air strike consumables you can fit to a Mech, the 85 ton Clan Marauder IIC is available but I do not know when the 100 ton IS Marauder 2 or any of those other Mechs are coming, in a few months we are getting a bunch of new tech, see this post for details

It would be cool to have the true Flying Mechs that transform from the series, I suppose PPPC cannons could charge and fire faster than PPC but the projectiles could be slower and it hits less as hard, Volcano Cannons should be a hard heavy hitting rapid fire missile that both super heats enemies and heats up the mech firing them. Ragnaroks and Ymirs are just freaking awesome looking and it would be interesting if they did have the shielding they got, I suppose the shileds could contribute heat while active, to discourage people just leaving them on none stop.

I was gonna make some suggestions to the develpoers about Heavy Lasers, but I can't. But I feel that besides being beefier, visually they should be very diffrent. Like the Large Heavy should be a Purple Laser, Medium Heavy should be a Dark Forset Green, and Small Heavy should be Orange or Yellow.

as for the rest of that stuff, Heavy Lasers are being added in a few months, but everything being added is taken from the Battletech boardgame, I do not think we will be getting Land Air Mechs as cool as having LAMs would be, and I am pretty sure the Volcano cannon was created exclusively for the Mech assualt games, so there is no chance of them showing up, sorry.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 17 March 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

In the future if the HUD crashes in the academy.... Hit P for powering down and then P for powering up. It will fix the HUD issue. It is a problem from the mech to mech change transition.

Gauss rifle.
Posted Image
The effect is the slugs coating being shed upon launch. In reality it is there to announce where you are since the round is so fast you often can't see it. The Gauss fires a single actual projectile that flies in a straight line with virtually no bullet drop. On the warhawk you are watching the shredded particles and not the projectile.

The Warhawk is a champion build aka a community build as all trial mechs are. 4 Er PPCs are very hot and heavily punished if fired at once, meanwhile the Warhawk trial is given a fairly hot build with a cool (temperature-wise) backup weapon for the longest ranges.

Edited by Koniving, 20 March 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#13 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:04 AM

MWO isn't completely canonical to BT, it has certain changes. And if you own mech then you can change it loadout like you want.

It's good to pick sides early, like Clan or IS and then keep to those mechs if you plan playing CW or want to save money early on. In QP you can use any mech you want. Also, certain mechs are probably bit stronger than others. I would suggest picking stong heavy like Clan Timber Wolf or IS Warhammer as good starting mech.

#14 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostLunar Steel Viper, on 16 March 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

I know you have heard this before so I hope I don't sound like a broken record but...

Lower your "In Game" mouse sensitivity!

While everyone has a different setting, mine is set to 0.16~ 0.18 (as an example) which is very very far to the LEFT.

Take your time and find the right setting for you. Also take your time to land your shots extreme accurately. This is not, I repeat NOT a twitch shooter. Your opponents WILL land their shots accurately into the exact component they want to hit and frag you in a matter of seconds!

Finding your settings is very important while you are still in Tier 5, because it's the best place and time to learn to get good! Once you get higher in tiers, believe me, you won't have time to mess around. Your opponents will destroy you with complete prejudice... and so will you team mates (verbally)- if you under perform.

#15 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

i have a favor to ask I am still unable to post in the suggestions forums could someone post my suggestion about heavy lasers "THAT they should be colored different so they are easy to tell apart from other lasers. Purple being Large Heavy Laser, Jungle or Olive Green being Medium Heavy Laser, Dark Red or Orange or Orange Red being Light Heavy Lasers.

After playing Mechassault, or seeing some Star Wars stories, and Terminator, or the badass gun from Aliens that shots a super powerful plasma beam, I can't get over the biggest guns that are lasers or plasma, firing sweet looking purple beams that look like this.

https://www.google.c...150475504,d.eWE

Thank you for all the advice, I will say this agian though just in case you missed it. The reason I am having trouble with the mouse layout is just because I am used to using an stick that was made for Mecha Warrior games, so I have supreme control over my Mech, I know, with the mouse I am stuck with, have to let go of all my movement controls to use alternate weapons, other than 1 and 2.

If there was someway I could use my stick from 2000 on my new pc that would be great, but I think I will set everything to 2 so I have alpha easily usable, and my longest ranged weapons set to 1.

#16 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Speaking of which, when can I post in the suggestions forum?

#17 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Wouldnt go near a joystick, think I have sensitivity at 0.11. I like the Razor mouse with the 1-12 keypad in the side, can control target lock 1, zoom in, zoom out with 2,3, 4-6 weapon groups, 8 MASC, 12 Weapon select, 11 MAP, 10 Chain Fire...I realize you dont yet know the use of all these functions but you will and it is convenient to have them all on the mouse. Not cheap though, probably $100 or so depending on currency and seller. i also use a Razor Tartarus game pad to save my laptop keyboard, it has a few nice features for your thumb, jj's, adv zoom but is otherwise a duplicate of the LHS of the keyboard.

#18 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostGenghisJr, on 21 March 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Wouldnt go near a joystick, think I have sensitivity at 0.11. I like the Razor mouse with the 1-12 keypad in the side, can control target lock 1, zoom in, zoom out with 2,3, 4-6 weapon groups, 8 MASC, 12 Weapon select, 11 MAP, 10 Chain Fire...I realize you dont yet know the use of all these functions but you will and it is convenient to have them all on the mouse. Not cheap though, probably $100 or so depending on currency and seller. i also use a Razor Tartarus game pad to save my laptop keyboard, it has a few nice features for your thumb, jj's, adv zoom but is otherwise a duplicate of the LHS of the keyboard.

Yeah, I just wish I could use my stick lol It sounds like it has everything on it the mouse you has does.

#19 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostLunar Steel Viper, on 21 March 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Speaking of which, when can I post in the suggestions forum?

https://mwomercs.com...t-requirements/

After you finish your 25th match, aka finished Cadet bonus.

#20 Lunar Steel Viper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 March 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...t-requirements/ After you finish your 25th match, aka finished Cadet bonus.

Could you help me out then? Could you make my request for me, because the sooner it is done the better, and I am not having alot of time at the moment to just play the game.

Oh and add Ymir / Ragnarok Assault mechs in the suggestion as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users