When Will Pgi Ever Buff Clan Tech And Mechs?

1 reply to this topic

#1 WHITEWOLF660

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

every update i have seen since the beginning of 2016 seems as though the clans are always getting nerffed and the IS is always getting buffed and it seems to get worse as the FP map has continued to be covered in clan space. Does PGI stop to think that die hard Clan Units have to become more competitive to make up for the Nerff resulting in a more professional and aggressive assault in FP? i remember late 2016 when MS left for FRR and the clans were completely crushed for 6 months, it had everything to do with player skill making up for the loss of mech performance for the clans and even pugs in IS mechs can tank their way through a 12 man drop every few games. doesnt any one else see this consistency? i feel as though there may be compensation for something PGI can not controll and is only making things harder for the Clans. these Nerffs will definitely make it harder for clans with the new tech coming out especially with the update on 03/21/2017 that makes clan components easier to crit especially with RACs coming out for the IS side. throw a dog a bone and buff the clans! its driving people away and each time i read a patch note i pretty much get a stroke over the constant clan nerff and IS buff. what do you guys think? can any one bring this up with a dev and ask for an official response to the constant and consistent Nerff of Clan mechs and tech? can any one else ask why we only got Heavy lasers and different machine guns but the IS get brand new weapon classes like RACs Rocket launchers and various PPCs let alone stelth armor that completely stops any and all locks for the IS? are you kidding me clans get all these computers no one uses and the IS gets a complete lock block just for the hell of it!? why is there such blatant bias and favoritism for the IS? i am calling it as i see it, please just tell us why PGI feels like doing this to the clans? all i want is an answer and no Just because reasons but an actual answer as to why the IS gets Particularly good if not better than clan tech specifically and the clans are given whatever would be in a bad luck bag for events. why is there so much abuse and disregard for Clans and how they were, not only in lore but in older MW games as well?

#2 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Clan technology has always been better in every way compared to IS tech. Couple that with the fact you can fit more equipment on a Clan mech, and you get a serious power imbalance. The constant little nerfs and buffs here and there (both sides have received both) were all meant to try to get IS and Clan on a level playing field. A while ago, I saw a Dire Wolf as a trial mech so I tried it. The first 10 games in it I never went under 800 damage and my highest was a 950. Later, I saw a Highlander IIC as a trial, so I tried that as well as I was thinking of getting an IS Highlander. Similar results as with the Dire Wolf, most games I never went bellow 700. And I wasn't even trying, it was that easy. And this has been since their introduction 3 years ago.

And the change to the crit HP of clan equipment is to balance out the fact that they are smaller and lighter than IS counterparts. However, to counterbalance this, they made crit seeking weapons (PPC/Gauss) less powerful.

And with the introduction of new IS equipment, I could be persuaded to agree to un-nerfing the Clan somewhat. However, that also follows the assumption every IS build will be using that new technology.

And the reasons for IS getting "new" tech is because they only got tech to catch up with what the Clan already has (with the exception of Stealth armor and RACs). And that tech is worse than the Clan equivalents that already exist in the game (bigger, heavier, shorter range). And the Clan at this point is technologically stagnant (like the Imperium of Man), and have very few advances left in lore (which all come after the age coming in the update).

Edit; On to the Heavy Lasers. You really seem to be underestimating how they tip the balance. A Clan LPL does 13 damage for 10 heat while being 6 tons. A Clan Large Laser does 11 damage for 10 heat at 4 tons. A HLL will be doing 16 damage for 18 heat while also being 4 tons. A HML will be doing more than an IS Large Laser while 4 tons lighter and less heat.

And you also seem to be forgetting about ATMs being added, which will considerably bolster Clan Missile warfare.

Edited by Athom83, 20 March 2017 - 04:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users