Guide

11 replies to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

if you won a supply cache with a mechbay in it and you want to open it, its essential to take
a look at the price left side next to the mechbay.
Because this is what you gonna win.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 21 March 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

its essential to take
a look at the price left side next to the mechbay.

do you mean take a look at the prize?

you will win one of the prizes in the cache, with the chances weighted towards the less valuable items.

if you do not have the MC or key to open the cache and are unwilling to buy MC, or do not want any of the contents you can sell the cache for 50k cbills.

Supply caches cost very little to open, in the grab bag event you will probably get enough MC to open several

#3 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

I dont mess with any of the crates, unless then have the MC and 250k cbills in blue,

those have yielded me a lot of MC

Edited by Burnin2nd, 22 March 2017 - 12:51 AM.

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

PSA : Despite my public announcements, calling supply caches "boxes full of kittens", PGI still hasn´t listened and given us said supply cache filled with kittens .

SO ... the kittens are a lie, I´m sorry :)

If youre still feeling blue, apply some visual fuzzies for your mental wellbeing

#5 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

To the OP: random prize machines in whatever form or function often show you the most desireable price just before you get the actual price. So if the supply cache contains a mech, you will most likely see the mech right before winning the actual price (or hey, you could win the mech, it has happened).

This is a psychological trick as it makes people feel like they 'almost had it', stimulating them to try again under the fallacy that surely they would win big the next time because 'their luck seems to be good'.

Welcome to the world of gambling mechanics.

#6 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

i haven't bought MC in years and have gotten an urbie and mechbay and maybe 2 mechbays from caches.

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

I just weigh what the cheapest item is versus the 20k c-bills for selling it. Find the caches with the best cash value and open those. Sell the rest. Or just hold on to them for a rainy day.

#8 Warglbargl

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Save the best of them to open with freebie event keys, sell the rest.

#9 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Just had a look and I have 50 to open Posted Image

Also noticed there are no free keys in the current loot bag event can get MC so i'll use that to open a few Posted Image

#10 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 22 March 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I just weigh what the cheapest item is versus the 20k c-bills for selling it. Find the caches with the best cash value and open those. Sell the rest. Or just hold on to them for a rainy day.

It's actually 50k when sold. Just think of it like a random 50k bonus once in a while and it's win/win.

It's a random loot drop, don't expect there to be equal chances for each item and you won't get burned. That said you can definitely weight your odds by only opening a cache with common/uncommon prizes you actually want, and a rare you want. That way you like what you win no matter what. If you don't want the common/uncommons and don't need the cbills they turn into and you can't lose.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostBoulangerie, on 22 March 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

It's actually 50k when sold. Just think of it like a random 50k bonus once in a while and it's win/win.

It's a random loot drop, don't expect there to be equal chances for each item and you won't get burned. That said you can definitely weight your odds by only opening a cache with common/uncommon prizes you actually want, and a rare you want. That way you like what you win no matter what. If you don't want the common/uncommons and don't need the cbills they turn into and you can't lose.

Right 50k. I honestly forget that they have this feature in the game. So when i remember I get a nice amount of c-bills from them. Or some items if there's an event giving out keys.

#12 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Use keys given in events to open crates that look juicy. Doesn't hurt anything to hold on to any of them. Consider them a cash reserve or sell them on site. Free c-bills no matter what you do until you buy keys with bought MC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users