And This Is Why I Hate Lights And Small Mediums...

64 replies to this topic

#1 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

I killed 5 mechs, 3 lights and 2 Med, in a match last night yet only did 275dmg....Yeah pulse lasers are killing machines but I felt a bit cheated. I guess it comes down to, I'd rather have an epic fight verse heavier mechs then a frustrating fight vs a whole bunch of lighter mechs. They werent the best pilots, a lot of them turned their backs to me and I simply alpha'd them.

Mogs

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

Quality humblebrag. 7/10.

#3 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

bratwurst

#4 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

And I recently got 900 damage in a laser/ballistic mech and no kills, what of it? Cough humblebragthread. :P

#5 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

I can pilot lore loadouts without getting consistently reported for aiding the enemy team. #Humblebrag

#6 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 22 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

And I recently got 900 damage in a laser/ballistic mech and no kills, what of it? Cough humblebragthread. Posted Image

Hey, at least that method gets you paid. Doing 100 damage and killing 1 light because he turned his back makes you less C-bills than doing 500 damage and getting no kills at all. #workingasintended

#7 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 22 March 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

Hey, at least that method gets you paid. Doing 100 damage and killing 1 light because he turned his back makes you less C-bills than doing 500 damage and getting no kills at all. #workingasintended

This is of my point. Lights are not worth fighting against.

Edited by mogs01gt, 22 March 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

So basically we should buff light mechs so they aren't absolutely worthless.

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:31 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 22 March 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

So basically we should buff light mechs so they aren't absolutely worthless.

Remove them from combat game modes/create better game modes or change rewards so that damage isnt so important on match score.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 March 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

Remove them from combat game modes/create better game modes or change rewards so that damage isnt so important on match score.

AKA leave them worthless, got it.

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

Just scored 980 damage in my ACH. Would have preferred an epic battle with another light rather than having to take on a bunch of average and below average medium and heavy pilots. #humblebrag

Edited by nehebkau, 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#12 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

View PostDakota1000, on 22 March 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

AKA leave them worthless, got it.

You cant give them more firepower without breaking them. Game modes is key, not more firepower. You cant make them bigger or mechs like the Jenner would be one shot every game.

Look what happened to the BJ when they were over-quirked.

View Postnehebkau, on 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Just scored 980 damage in my ACH. Would have preferred an epic battle with another light rather than having to take on a bunch of average and below average medium and heavy pilots. #humblebrag

Perfect example of PGI's forced manipulation of lights. That much damage shouldnt be possible in a light mech.

Edited by mogs01gt, 22 March 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#13 StealthdragonB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 100 posts

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 March 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

They werent the best pilots, a lot of them turned their backs to me and I simply alpha'd them.

Mogs

Judging by that and the low damage you said you have, seems this is more a case of pilot error than weak mechs, in reality damage should be spread all over those mechs, becoming many times harder to kill. Assuming you drilled that damage into the front cts of the lowest weights of those classes, it adds up to about 250, and I'm assuming you dealt damage to other mechs in addition. A skilled light pilot can be much more threatening, and lights are one of the classes most heavily affected by skill, such as not standing still.

#14 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:44 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

You cant give them more firepower without breaking them. Game modes is key, not more firepower. You cant make them bigger or mechs like the Jenner would be one shot every game.

Perfect example of PGI's forced manipulation of lights. That much damage shouldnt be possible in a light mech.

Its not like the overquirked BJ was even good compared to heavies, it just ended up as a good mech within its weight class but still painfully easy to demolish by ripping off one of its side torsos.

Anyway, the game's all about killing, that's all it is and in any objective based scenario its the best option to just kill your enemies so that they cannot complete their objectives. Giving lights some respectable durability boosts, mobility boosts, or firepower quirks would allow them to be able to compete with heavier mechs in a fair manner.

Otherwise we end up with World of Tank's trash tier system in which scout tanks only have the option of driving forward, spotting where the enemy is, then being worthless for the rest of the match because they get intentionally matched up with other tanks that cannot even be damaged by the puny gun on the scout, yet the scout can be oneshotted by theirs.

I firmly believe that you should be able to get 1k damage in any mech given the circumstances, especially when a boatload of bad players on the other team let you outskill them so hard that they lose while you have the heavily disadvantaged mech.

#15 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:48 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 22 March 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Its not like the overquirked BJ was even good compared to heavies, it just ended up as a good mech within its weight class but still painfully easy to demolish by ripping off one of its side torsos.
Anyway, the game's all about killing, that's all it is and in any objective based scenario its the best option to just kill your enemies so that they cannot complete their objectives. Giving lights some respectable durability boosts, mobility boosts, or firepower quirks would allow them to be able to compete with heavier mechs in a fair manner.
Otherwise we end up with World of Tank's trash tier system in which scout tanks only have the option of driving forward, spotting where the enemy is, then being worthless for the rest of the match because they get intentionally matched up with other tanks that cannot even be damaged by the puny gun on the scout, yet the scout can be oneshotted by theirs.
I firmly believe that you should be able to get 1k damage in any mech given the circumstances, especially when a boatload of bad players on the other team let you outskill them so hard that they lose while you have the heavily disadvantaged mech.

IMO damage should be irrelevant and all that should matter is winning. Game modes should be created that allows each weight class to shine to is high potential within its designed roll.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

SMPLs have no ammunition and, if a LRM-tard fails to actually put in some P2P weapons you can expect I will walk up to them and, first take a leg, then an arm, then another arm, then a torso then strip the armor from all over and try to kill them with a cockpit shot. #humblebrag #StupidPilotsAndStupidBuilds.

#17 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 22 March 2017 - 05:50 AM, said:

SMPLs have no ammunition and, if a LRM-tard fails to actually put in some P2P weapons you can expect I will walk up to them and, first take a leg, then an arm, then another arm, then a torso then strip the armor from all over and try to kill them with a cockpit shot. #humblebrag #StupidPilotsAndStupidBuilds.

that just shows how poor LRMs are...LRMs should be able to wreck a lights day.

#18 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 March 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

#NeverGonnaHappen

#BecauseThatWouldMakeSense

#AndPGICan'tDoAnythingThatMakesSense

What do you think this is? Battlefield? Call of Duty?

#19 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 22 March 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

#NeverGonnaHappen
#BecauseThatWouldMakeSense
#AndPGICan'tDoAnythingThatMakesSense
What do you think this is? Battlefield? Call of Duty?

lol I know, I know...

#20 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

I achieved Deathstar in a stock Urbanmech. #bullshithumblebrag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users