Subtle Death Of The Maruder

13 replies to this topic

#1 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

New Crit system has in effect destroyed the Marauder. Once that right torso armor is gone you lose your shoulder weapons immediately if not sooner. RIP.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

No! Not the Maruder!

All jokes aside, weapons in its ST always popped pretty easily. Never really bothered me.

Edited by RestosIII, 22 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#3 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

Just start to pray to our Lord Satan to save your weapons from the enemy crits and all will be fine!

#4 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

It's called "Shielding", you should try it.

#5 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostFrechdachs, on 22 March 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

It's called "Shielding", you should try it.

Shielding is not very effective at stopping gauss/PPC. Laser vomit isn't exactly the norm right now.

#6 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 March 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Shielding is not very effective at stopping gauss/PPC. Laser vomit isn't exactly the norm right now.

And with the marauder you're essentially shielding with the ST anyway.

Edited by Skanderborg, 22 March 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 March 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

New Crit system has in effect destroyed the Marauder. Once that right torso armor is gone you lose your shoulder weapons immediately if not sooner. RIP.

Hold yer frakking horses. Marauders generally equip AC5/UAC5/SRM6 on those STs. Those weapons have the exact same HP as before! There should be no difference, none at all.

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 March 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Are you talking about the original Marauder? Not the IIC? If so. Nothing changed there.

#9 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Probably is using XL engine with some form of laser in the ST. My LB-10s in the ST of my 3M seem to be just fine until the whole component goes.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostAthom83, on 22 March 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Probably is using XL engine with some form of laser in the ST. My LB-10s in the ST of my 3M seem to be just fine until the whole component goes.

In that case there is at most one laser in the RT of MAD-5D. Just one laser. Not enough to bitсh about it on the forums.

#11 Ardwolf

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

A). The new crit system is definitely a step in the right direction, albeit I imagine it was balanced around the idea that we'd pick up some -crit% nodes from the skill tree.

B). Learn to torso twist. If I can keep my nova's arms alive until everything is stripped, you can keep your side torso safe. Maybe take a break from clan mechs and play a few IS XL mechs to relearn how to play?

C). @Snazzy, the crit chances of gauss/ppc have been /reduced/. The hp change to weapons is not even remotely close to the 50% crit damage nerf gauss got. life expectancy of components has gone up, not down, in terms of gauss and ppc. Gone are the days of 2x gauss opening up a mauler side torso and destroying ALL 3 AC5s!

#12 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 March 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

The only weapon system you can't shield against are flamers. Don't confuse it with "Torso Twisting". Besides, whatever ppl think of as "meta" (people keep using that word, I don't think it means what they think it means), I do in fact see more Vomit than Gauss/PPC.

#13 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

After reading the posts, maybe my experience is exclusive to me. I am running a STD engine and 2 lbx 10's with 4 medium lasers. My K/D with this marauder is 2.33 so i'm not a giant potato. Before the patch i never lost my LBX 10's unless i lost the entire torso. Yesterday as soon as the armor went down it popped. Same thing for my Catapults on the arms with srm4's. Perhaps it was just my turn to get picked on by the laws of average.

#14 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostFrechdachs, on 22 March 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

The only weapon system you can't shield against are flamers. Don't confuse it with "Torso Twisting". Besides, whatever ppl think of as "meta" (people keep using that word, I don't think it means what they think it means), I do in fact see more Vomit than Gauss/PPC.

Brother!
I'm so happy to see I'm not the only sane person in this forum.

To all others: Learn what the term means.
And no, it's not "language evolution". Some kid just wanted to reuse a fancy word as a cool new way of saying "super", "hyper", "uber" and failed to understand the ABSTRACT meaning of the term "meta". It does NOT just mean "beyond" something else like "super" does. It expresses an abstraction above/beyond something.
How it's used by most people is not language evolution, it's dumbing it down. And no matter how many make that error, it is still an error.

Edited by Paigan, 23 March 2017 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users