Critical Failure: Tutorial/academy Non-Functional, Patch 1.4.107

Bug Report Issue

4 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Description: Tutorial/Academy Area barely even loads, Tutorial/Academy functions aren't working at all, Control Setup is completely ignored.

Reproduction Rate: Unsure at this time...

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Simply attempt to enter the Tutorial/Academy in any way, and things aren't working as they should be.

What should NOT happen: Tutorial/Academy failing to load/function properly, Control Setup for player being completely ignored.

What SHOULD be happening: Normal Tutorial/Academy Behavior, Control Setup for player working normally.

Comments: I would love to read you the 'riot act' on this matter, PGI... But I'm simply going to ask you get a HotFix for this done as quickly as possible. I'll be putting a duplicate of this up in "Academy Bug Reports" due to how serious this is... Posted Image

UPDATE EDIT: Academy Bug Reports copy is up...

~Mr. D. V. "Tripping on your worst bug yet, PGI..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author to update Reproduction Value...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 22 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#2 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

UPDATE:

Reproducibility NOT 100% ... My game client may have simply been glitched after Scouting and looking in the In-Game Store. Will be doing more testing. Had a client crash, and now I'm able to get to the Normal Tutorial/Academy. :huh:

~D. V. "Heading back to check this out..." Devnull

#3 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

- Try fixing tool in client but before that uncheck both setting about game settings and gamer progress, leaving only game files checking. That can help. Also - try start academy after FP screen, than leaderboard and reputation screen and right after that to start page and Academy. That can produce some freezes at start, but still works. Anyway - in battle zone I see 15% lower FPS that it was before. Strange...

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostTiantara, on 22 March 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

- Try fixing tool in client but before that uncheck both setting about game settings and gamer progress, leaving only game files checking.

As I used the Repair Tool to validate the game files before first launch after patching, I don't think anything in that department could be wrong, but I'll go check. Thanks for the thought. Posted Image

~D. V. "Now checking the extreme possibility..." Devnull

UPDATE: Check Complete... No Problems Found.

I'll have to try repeating the sequence of events, and update as needed.

~D. V. "Wondering if I've hit something obscure, or if it was a one-time glitch..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 22 March 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

As per my Academy Bug Reports duplicate, I have been unable to reproduce this since the 1.4.110 HotFix to the 1.4.107 Patch, and will therefore be requesting a lock to this thread. Have a good day, everyone, as it seems I just hit a rare one-off glitch. :)

~Mr. D. V. "I just don't see any point to further discussion." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users