Help Me

7 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hello: on mechs with multiple hard points ("HPs") for a given type on a single component, are there guides for making sure you get the right weapon in the highest mounted HP. I've seen advice on specific mechs saying something like "I put on a machine gun with no ammo as a space filler to get my gauss at the highest hardpoint." But this advice seems very mech specific and is never explained ... are there any general principles for how weapons are placed so it's not just case-by-case? Any guides collecting this sort of advice? Any way to test whether the weapons are in the right place, or visual guides to weapon appearance so I can see where the weapon is on the model of the mech? I ask because I have some mechs specifically for the high mounted HP and I fear they are not getting used properly. Thanks for any help.

Edited by DeloresAbernathy, 22 March 2017 - 04:49 PM.

#2 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

you can place weapons one at a time in mechlab and click camo spec to see where the weapon ended up

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

Put on the weapons, check the cammo spec page to see which hardpoint they are in, if one is in the "wrong" hardpoint try removing and putting them back on in a diferant order.

#4 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

There's a tab in the upper right corner of the loadout screen that says "Expanded". Switch that to "Collum" to see the mech.

#5 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostJingseng, on 22 March 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

you can place weapons one at a time in mechlab and click camo spec to see where the weapon ended up

just switch the Filter in the warehouse from expanded to columns, so you dont need to go in the camo spec lab,
oh reverend said it already. You have to try a few times till the Weapon is in the place you want it. Wanted a ppc in the enforcer shoulder, had to put in first the other weapons i wanted and at last the ppc, then it was shown in the highest HP

#6 oO JimPansen Oo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHerzberg / Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

Don't know if it helps cause its written in german language but Catalina Steiner made a great tut:

https://mwomercs.com...-mechbau-nutzt/

#7 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

A "problem" (actually its on purpose) with some mechs in MWO is that heavy weapons will sometimes always be moved to the lowest hardpoints.
It realy depends on the chassis.
So if you would tell us the chassis you want to stuff out we might be able to tell you if high mounts may be possible for it and if so how to do it on this chassis.

#8 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

It's not that heavy weapons are moved to the lowest hardpoint.

Some mechs fill in hardpoints lowest->highest, so to get a big weapon in a high hardpoint you have to block off the lower ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users