65 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I will post some builds later once I get home but figured to start a fun thread.

What builds will you be possibly running in July after the Civil War patch?

On new mechs and current ones?

Edited by CK16, 23 March 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#2 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

I have to look over some of the new mechs for what builds, but for one my Timberwolf -S I will replace the spl with Heavy medium lasers so I can have sync range with my srm6+artemis.

For my Lurm Dogs I'm planning to switch out the lrms for ATM's and see how that go.

IS mechs every heavy skirmisher mech I have will have er medium lasers equip.

My Maulers will enjoy the usage of Heavy GR's or bigger bore UAC's.

Their just so many choices to make with IS right now, so many builds!!!

Posted Image

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

I know some folks say things like "quirks don't matter" or "don't build to quirks"; my view however, is that I can't possible start theorizing about specific builds until we see the specific weapons' numbers, AND see what they do to the mechs' quirks, AND what I can recover via the skills tree.

Example: if a Quickdraw 4G retains its missile cool down quirks and those quirks are applicable to MRMs then I may decide to put an MRM of sorts on one of my builds. That will also depend however, on knowing the specific cooldown, heat and damage numbers of the MRMs. Similarly, if the mech's energy cooldown quirk will remain as well and what the specific heat characteristics of the new energy weapons will be that may encourage me to change energy weapons, but I can't think about that until I see what the actual numbers for those weapons are. Those specific decisions will also depend on any synchronization I can achieve with specific weapons combinations, and I can't theorize about that until I see beam duration and cool down times for both the new energy weapons and the missiles respectively.

If they decide to dump or cut the offensive quirks, as put forth in the last PTS, then that is going to affect my decisions as well.

If I can recover some of those presumed reduced "base line values" or even increase them via the skills tree (assuming it really does come live) that is going to affect my build decisions as well.

If they gut quirks as planned, make the new stuff too hot, too slow, too weak; or any combination there of, then I will probably just do what everybody else does now and throw 3LPLs on the stupid things since that seems to be what PGI wants to encourage. That's what they call "build diversity."

Sigh. I like thinking about this stuff, too but atm I feel like all I would be doing is guessing.

#4 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

All sorts of ideas floating around in my head, but i need to see some values before i know what will work (ghost heat values for new PPCs is a big one, and heat levels for RAC5s)

Ideas im currently toying with:

2x Snub nose PPC, 14 DHS, XL300, Stealth armour PHX-1B
2x Heavy PPC on SHD-2K
2x High mount Heavy PPC on Grasshopper 5H/5P
4x RAC5 Mauler

there are so many new things..

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

I imagine a lot of IS Assault mech owners will try the combination of LFE + RACs.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

MRMs for days.

HPPC poptarts

Stealth armor + ECM Atlas DDC with UAC20, MRM40, LFE 360, Snub nose ppcs and maybe a couple RL20s thrown in to be the ultimate in stealth Atlas technology.

RAC5 spam, and more importantly 6 RAC2 Mauler MX90. I will find a way.

On top of that just swapping STD engines in all my mechs to LFE engines, except maybe that one Crab I have with 60% of its weaponry in the CT+Head, but the one with mostly arm mounts is definitely getting LFE.

#7 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

LFEs, lots of LFEs...

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

Theeeeeeeroy Jenkins!!!

#9 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 March 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

I know some folks say things like "quirks don't matter" or "don't build to quirks"; my view however, is that I can't possible start theorizing about specific builds until we see the specific weapons' numbers, AND see what they do to the mechs' quirks, AND what I can recover via the skills tree.

Example: if a Quickdraw 4G retains its missile cool down quirks and those quirks are applicable to MRMs then I may decide to put an MRM of sorts on one of my builds. That will also depend however, on knowing the specific cooldown, heat and damage numbers of the MRMs. Similarly, if the mech's energy cooldown quirk will remain as well and what the specific heat characteristics of the new energy weapons will be that may encourage me to change energy weapons, but I can't think about that until I see what the actual numbers for those weapons are. Those specific decisions will also depend on any synchronization I can achieve with specific weapons combinations, and I can't theorize about that until I see beam duration and cool down times for both the new energy weapons and the missiles respectively.

If they decide to dump or cut the offensive quirks, as put forth in the last PTS, then that is going to affect my decisions as well.

If I can recover some of those presumed reduced "base line values" or even increase them via the skills tree (assuming it really does come live) that is going to affect my build decisions as well.

If they gut quirks as planned, make the new stuff too hot, too slow, too weak; or any combination there of, then I will probably just do what everybody else does now and throw 3LPLs on the stupid things since that seems to be what PGI wants to encourage. That's what they call "build diversity."

Sigh. I like thinking about this stuff, too but atm I feel like all I would be doing is guessing.

My issue is with heavy and light gauss. I theory crafted some 2hgr and 4lgr builds with some erml for backup on the Mauler and Annihilator but no clue on how the charge mechanic will work on those weapons. So not exactly sure how they will work since don't know what the limit on how many you can charge will be, will light gauss have a charge mechanic, will they be TT damage levels, etc.

Wish they would tell us soon. Kind of on the fence about getting the Annihilator because of it.

Edited by dario03, 23 March 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Just thinking. RAC's and uacs are best for brawls, standard ac best for sniping and striking/ one hit wonders? At least thats how I see it.

Edited by Tordin, 23 March 2017 - 09:00 AM.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

Well my Awesome 8Q will be interested in snub ppcs. Not having a min range would be nice for when a light get's a little too large in your face. Or maybe 5 Light PPC spam. Not sure how worth it that would be without knowing what kind of cooldown it's getting.

Probably try to fit 2 RAC5s in a Rifleman or see how dual UAC10s fair. Maybe try for triple RAC2s, but I suspect that would be asking to much on a 60 ton mech.

I'm wondering what good new weapons will do my lights. My Firestarters are pretty dead. Perhaps ER mediums would give them enough range to not get wrecked as bad. But the problem is they're so damn big. They're lights with a medium's body. And PGI hasn't deigned to give them any further quirks. Hell they were lucky not to be stripped of what they had left during the skill tree PTS.

#12 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

I'm gonna have to run my Mad Cat MKII with its lore builds for a bit, just as a show of love, but once that period wears off... I'm going to go heavy laser crazy. I don't know what builds I'm going to run, but, heavy lasers everywhere.

#13 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

Just some ideas....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

I'm honestly a little apprehensive of what the ER-Med is going to do to the IS short- mid range game

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

not that it's a bad thing, but almost see the regular Med being totally outclassed

#16 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 23 March 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

I'm honestly a little apprehensive of what the ER-Med is going to do to the IS short- mid range game

improve it?

In all honesty, I'm wondering how PGI is going to implement the ERSL, as the is SLas is more or less an ERSL....

Then comes the other side I'm wondering how is PGI going to keep the older lasers viable compared to the ER's?

#17 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

I am more concerned about what the standard MedLas will do to the ER MedLas.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 23 March 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#18 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 March 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I am more concerned about what the standard MedLas will do to the ER MedLas.

I am more concerned about what the snub nosed PPC is going to do to the LPL.

#19 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

Well, im sure that its going to have a not great duration (im guessing 1.05-1.10) , meaning it likely wont sync well with LPLs, despite the range being better suited than basic MLs or MPLs, and in the midrange game IS LPL are so good..

#20 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 March 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I am more concerned about what the snub nosed PPC is going to do to the LPL.

I dont think the LPL will become niche.. 1.57 damage per heat is a lot more than 1.00, and its not like it has a punishingly long duration. They will both have different uses i think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users