Timberwolf-S Loadout Advice

6 replies to this topic

#1 Big Paulie 3

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

Greetings, Just bought a TBR-S. Stock loadout has some "issues". Been looking all over for loadouts. Since I am new, and haven't the skill yet to be an "in your face" brawler, what is a good med-long range weapon setup? I know it's a heavy but with SRM's and Machineguns I haven't the finesse to dance around an enemy. Hope I've explained my issue. Thanks in advance.

#2 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Look here for general utility and loadouts in accordance to roles. CStreak builds are quite easy to get a good idea how the mech pilots at start.

http://metamechs.com...es/timber-wolf/

#3 Alreadythere

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Personally I like laser vomit (2LPL, 3 ERML) on my TBR. Something like http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f73ff8321d3a4cd

PS: and yes, metamech is a good source for builds.

Edited by Alreadythere, 23 March 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#4 Big Paulie 3

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate all your help.

#5 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

For the usual Meta Gauss-Peeps this is the usual load out I go for.
Use the dual peeps as your primary peeking weapon, but if you can have clear shot by full torso exposure (when the enemy is distracted) use the full alpha with the gauss rifles to complement your dps.
This meta build do require some finesse to get use to, especially the gauss rifle, but once you get the hang of the gauss rifle charge time it should be fairly easy to use.
Alternatively you can swap out the er ppc with large pulse lasers, the range bracket is lower abit but lpl is easier to use compared to er ppcs.
For me personally I run 4 points of armour in the rear, if you're still new and finding yourself getting surrounded due to low situational awareness, you're probably better to put more rear armour.
Also the legs armour are stripped quite abit, so be always mindful not to expose your legs when trading ;)

This is the typical Laser Vomit setup ;)
You have a little bit more leg armour for the occasional brawl.
This build plays almost similar to the meta build, peak with the dual lpl from a distance and exposing as little of your torso as possible.
Use your er meds when you can get positive trades ;)
But in a brawl, be mindful of your heat build up as the er meds can get toasty.
In a brawl try to just use the er meds for better dps and heat handling, only fire off the dual lpl to give that knocking blow if you feel the enemy is about to fall down ;)

The last build I tend to run is the srm-spl brawler, but since you are more of a mid-range trader I hope these couple advice can help you ;)

#6 Big Paulie 3

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

Hunter Tseng, thank you for this post. I really appreciate it.

Edited by Big Paulie 3, 24 March 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostBig Paulie 3, on 23 March 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Greetings, Just bought a TBR-S. Stock loadout has some "issues".

not much help with your specific problem, but almost all stock Mechs have some issues with their loadout, you should always expect to refit the Mech and budget for it when purchasing a new chassis.

in the case of Omnimechs like the Timber you just need to budget for weapons and omnipods, however with Battlemechs (anything without a Prime varient) you may well want a diferant engine (costing upto 6 million) and other upgrades including Endo Steel internals (10,000 per ton of Mech), Double Heat Sinks (1.5 million) as well as the weapons and other equipment,

a Battlemech refit can cost 10+ million on top of purchase cost.
That is especialy worth considering if you are after a Light Battlemech, total cost to purchase and get it battle ready (no modules just a decent loadout) tends to be roughly 3-4 times the base purchase cost, the Light Omnimechs tend to work out a lot cheeper than Light Battlemechs.

for example the 30 ton Arctic Cheetah Omnimech will cost about 7.5 million to purchase and outfit where as the 30 ton Spider Battlemech totals about 9.5
The Spider costs about 2.5 million to purchase and the Cheetah costs about 7 mil to purchase, so 7 million to outfit the SDR to half a million to outfit the ACH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users