• 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

I dropped as a Raven 3L and did the following:
  • Got energy for our base to power the radar tower
  • Chased off and killed an enemy Cheetah
  • Destroyed two turrets at the enemy base
  • Destroyed one of the enemy mobile field bases
This was in a 4v4 match. I didn't break a 100 match score. I was the only one on my team that did damage to the enemy base, and was the only one that didn't break a 100 match score. The others broke a 100 match score due to damage dealt to the enemy, i.e. playing it like Skirmish.

If players aren't rewarded for playing the mode, this will just turn into another variant of Skirmish.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

agreed, as well as more of a reward for energy gathering as its will hurt Light earnings in general,

#3 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

This is the problem with all the modes with objectives. Killing stuff and ignoring the objectives is more profitable so no one plays the objectives until the enemy team is dead. If someone does cap or destroy targets they are sometime berated by their own teammates for doing so.

This is a great time to fix this and make Incursion the mode that you play differently from Skirmish. Please properly compensate the players for powering their base and destroying the enemy base.

Another "and now for something completely different" idea would be to award the winning team salvage ( increased c-bills) for every enemy Mech still alive when their base is destroyed. That would put the focus more on killing (and defending) the bases and less on just killing Mechs. ( I know, crazy, right?)

#4 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Maybe if they counted the base other than the walls as damage. This would help the match score.

#5 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

to add what i said earlier, another thing i noticed is Damage to the Base needs to count to final Score,
you should get that as well as at least +20-50MatchScore per Base Item Destroyed,

#6 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostRampage, on 24 March 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

This is the problem with all the modes with objectives. Killing stuff and ignoring the objectives is more profitable so no one plays the objectives until the enemy team is dead. If someone does cap or destroy targets they are sometime berated by their own teammates for doing so.

This is a great time to fix this and make Incursion the mode that you play differently from Skirmish. Please properly compensate the players for powering their base and destroying the enemy base.

Another "and now for something completely different" idea would be to award the winning team salvage ( increased c-bills) for every enemy Mech still alive when their base is destroyed. That would put the focus more on killing (and defending) the bases and less on just killing Mechs. ( I know, crazy, right?)

would enjoy the mode even more . . I like doing objectives, requires team coordination , no mindless free-for-all-skirmish

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostLordSkippy, on 24 March 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

If players aren't rewarded for playing the mode, this will just turn into another variant of Skirmish.

Too true... But I'm beginning to feel like PGI doesn't know how to code properly for that kind of non-damage rewarding. :(

~D. V. "That outstanding problem should have been fixed long ago." Devnull

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

I would also like to see something else then several flavors of skirmish.
Give people more points for doing objectives.

Like it was said, count damage towards the base and give energie collection more of a reward.

#9 Ataboy

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

View PostRampage, on 24 March 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

This concept needs to be pounded into PGI's head. The whole notion that you will be better rewarded (through salvage) by getting the objectives done AND MINIMIZING the damage you do to the enemy mechs (salvage).

#10 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

I agree 110% with this thread. I've played two matches so far and the only one I got anywhere in, I killed two towers and installed two batteries and got precisely 0 match score for the work, presuming my math is correct (30 damage/2 = 15 base match score, death = -2, for a total of the 13 points).

I don't even think I got damage dealt to bases counted as damaged dealt.

I think the mode has a lot of promise for giving lights and mediums very important roles, but as always, they're getting majorly shafted in match score and compensation for doing their job. If I can get 2-3x the cbill and xp compensation and several times the match score by joining the death ball as a light instead of running batteries or flanking the base and taking out pieces, then why would I bother? I spent the entire match running batteries and destroying two turrets, was the last to die, and got 13 match score to show for it? Doesn't seem very fair.

#11 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

Lets properly reward people who contribute to the effort of winning the match and playing it the right way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users