Is Anyone Even Getting A Match?

26 replies to this topic

#1 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

I hope we get more people on the PTS. At the rate it is going, how we can even test this mode if you just can not get a match in the first place.

#2 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

So after a 1/2 an hour of the spinning wheel guess we will try again later.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostTerrorsdawn, on 24 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Me and a few others actually got a match. Try hopping into a medium mech and try your luck.

#4 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 24 March 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Me and a few others actually got a match. Try hopping into a medium mech and try your luck.

2 of us kept changing trying to fill out a team was almost a game in a game kinda moment.

#5 Der BierVampiR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

I am encountering the same problem. I was waiting now for nearly one hour but have not gotten a match.

Edit: I am waiting now for over one hour and i am not getting into a game - guess i have to cancel those attempts for today. ;(

Edited by Der BierVampiR, 25 March 2017 - 02:52 AM.

#6 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

This is stupid. If at a weekend you can earn no C bills trying a game that you may not even get to play or using the live server where you can get C bills and goodies guess what the majority would do?

The either need to give people rewards for trying out the PTS (C bills, XP, MC or Mechs) or they should do a swap with the live server for a weekend and get everyone to fill in a questionnaire afterwards

I am not sure that they will get any good data from this we do ot have a big enough players for matchmaking to work properly how the hell are we going to have any players for a test server. As it stand now I have been able to read most of the posts and write one whilst waiting for a match

#7 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Turning the live server off is also a way to do it but I fear that people will be pretty angry and yell alot in the forums. PGI should just throw it in the normal rotation on the live server. Its more likely to get a match on live server by people not voting for a different mode then gettting a testserver match started.

Edited by Nesutizale, 25 March 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

View Posttokumboh, on 25 March 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

This is stupid. If at a weekend you can earn no C bills trying a game that you may not even get to play or using the live server where you can get C bills and goodies guess what the majority would do?

The either need to give people rewards for trying out the PTS (C bills, XP, MC or Mechs) or they should do a swap with the live server for a weekend and get everyone to fill in a questionnaire afterwards

I am not sure that they will get any good data from this we do ot have a big enough players for matchmaking to work properly how the hell are we going to have any players for a test server. As it stand now I have been able to read most of the posts and write one whilst waiting for a match

I'm wondering because this is just pts1 they might not need many tests. It's might be just more dealing with even crashes and server errors. I am hoping with the next pts they will give rewards.

#9 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 March 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I'm wondering because this is just pts1 they might not need many tests. It's might be just more dealing with even crashes and server errors. I am hoping with the next pts they will give rewards.

Posted Image

#10 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Half hour plus and counting for me. I am going to play another game today instead. This is ridiculous.

#11 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

I've tried with a combination of both medium and light, after nearly 45 minutes, still no match.

#12 krimshaw

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Yah, been trying on and off since they opened it, so far no dice.
I think the direction they are going may be a death knell sorta for the game.
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about the new systems and such and see a lot of negativity, when devs start talking about we'll get this through one way or another like the new skill tree, things generally go down hill from there.
I do love the game and have fun playing it, even with the balance tipped to the clan side which should change soon hopefully.

#13 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

Tried earlier today. Three or so hours in the q, no match. Now over an hour of waiting, no match either.

It doesnt matter, what mech class you choose, guys. You can easily tell how many people are queueing by the percentages. Earlier the number was between 8 and 14. Now its between 5 and 8. There are simply not enough people for a single match.

I'll try later, on NA prime time, even though it's a bit hard for me. If no game still, i'm off to live servers.

Edited by banana peel, 25 March 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#14 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Jesus. Makes me happy i got 2 games last night when everyone wanted to try it, Already tweeted Russ... incentives, but the crickets are chirping.

#15 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Still no matches. 4 people (poor guys) besides me were queueing. I think i had enough of this.

p.s. Proton is likely to try incursion any day now. Maybe he'll create a lobby (i dont see any other way to try it tbh). If you want to test this thing, make sure to catch the stream. It's around NA noon usually.

#16 - Pestilence -

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

I tried in assault, heavy, and medium without luck. Got enough of spinning wheel for one day, maybe next time (or maybe not).

#17 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Very little activity on PTS, probably because of the Loot Bag event. I've only gotten to play twice so far. One time this afternoon I forgot to turn off searching, came back two hours later, and it was still stuck in search mode looking for a game.

I've been looking forward to this mode for a full year now and would love to test it properly, but until something's done about the population on the test server, I just don't see the point in even trying. Probably just going to wait until the Lootbag event is done and try again then.

#18 Der BierVampiR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Another day another try - sadly i still doesn`t make it into a game. I was waiting now vor nearly two hours but i am not getting into a match. Sorry PGI, i really was looking forward to test this but right now it`s impossible for me to do so.

View Postbanana peel, on 25 March 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Still no matches. 4 people (poor guys) besides me were queueing. I think i had enough of this.

p.s. Proton is likely to try incursion any day now. Maybe he'll create a lobby (i dont see any other way to try it tbh). If you want to test this thing, make sure to catch the stream. It's around NA noon usually.

This lobby idea sounds interesting. Does the friendlist and invite system work on the PTS? :)

Edited by Der BierVampiR, 25 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#19 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

View PostDer BierVampiR, on 25 March 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

This lobby idea sounds interesting. Does the friendlist and invite system work on the PTS? Posted Image

Yes, it does.

#20 Der BierVampiR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Good - whats about adding us for testing purpose? Would anyone be up for this? Posted Image

Edited by Der BierVampiR, 26 March 2017 - 06:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users