Mad Suggestion... Pug Drop

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

Yeah... I know it can result in unbalancing game... but let me explain.

What if we had a PUG drop, divided along the weight levels? 1 per lights, 1 per medium, and so...
Not needed to be 4 mechs each. May be 3 would be enough.

After the map and the match mode is selected, many times you find yourself piloting a mech which is hard to play in those conditions (Laser vomit in Terra Therma/Caustic, no long range weapons/AMS in Highland...) or simply options much more useful (Capture accelerator, for an Asssault/Conquest mode).

This way, you would get in QP with a weight option (Light, medium... etc...), and if you chosen light u would have to select between your light weight dropship, once you knew what kind of match would be.

I mean, QP is fun now. But sometimes it's more than challenging pilot a brawler in highland, or the clumsiest of your assaults in canyon... And, after all, in real world no one goes to battle with an underoptimal option.

It would unbalance a bit the weight pairing between the two teams, but I think it shouldn't be higher than at this moment. And, at the end, each player would be there with their best option for that kind of battle.

Just a suggestion. You know... :)

#2 Big MO

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

I would be happy with just being able to select another variant of the same chassis once the map & mode is known. Once we get the skill tree, there are going to be few incentives to take many of the lesser variants. This could provide one. The negative, which I am sure folks will point out, is that this system penalizes new players with few mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users