10 replies to this topic

#1 mxs

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

I must be having a serious brain fart on this one. I replied with quotes on other game forums with no problems. I click "quote" type in my response underneath and post it.

When I click on "quote" here it brings up the dialog box. When I preview it, it only shows what I've typed and there's no quote.

Help?

Mike.

p.s. my brain smells awful right now..........

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

View Postmxs, on 25 March 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I must be having a serious brain fart on this one. I replied with quotes on other game forums with no problems. I click "quote" type in my response underneath and post it.

When I click on "quote" here it brings up the dialog box. When I preview it, it only shows what I've typed and there's no quote.

Help?

Mike.

Like this? Hit the Quote button under the LIKE THIS button. or <quote> </quote> but with [ ] instead of < >

And when you say preview, you do mean you are hitting the Show more options button?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 March 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#3 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

View Postmxs, on 25 March 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Help?

Mike.

lalala~

should look like this if you used preview post
Posted Image

#4 mxs

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

So, I've clicked the "quote" button underneath the "like" and this is what I get.

And yes,I click on the More Reply Options as well.

I don't see the quote I'm replying to.......

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

View Postmxs, on 25 March 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

So, I've clicked the "quote" button underneath the "like" and this is what I get.

And yes,I click on the More Reply Options as well.

I don't see the quote I'm replying to.......

Okay, when you hit the Quote button, it is the quoted post showing up in the "Reply to this topic" space at the bottom of the page? It would appear you are saying to different things.

In the image that Toha posted, does your post, before hitting Save Changes look like that when you have quoted a post, yes or no?

What browser are you using? Try using a different browser.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 March 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

I have found that the quote function does not work on my phones browser, Intermet Explorer 11, Microsofts edge browser and some versions of Google Chrome. it does however work fine in all versions of firefox (which is my favorate browser anyway)

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:35 AM

View Postmxs, on 25 March 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

So, I've clicked the "quote" button underneath the "like" and this is what I get. And yes,I click on the More Reply Options as well. I don't see the quote I'm replying to.......

Posted Image

This is what i get when i hit the "Quote" button and then the "More Reply Options" button. Works with current Opera and Crome. If it doesn't work for you it's probably your browser.

#8 mxs

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 March 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

I have found that the quote function does not work on my phones browser, Intermet Explorer 11, Microsofts edge browser and some versions of Google Chrome. it does however work fine in all versions of firefox (which is my favorate browser anyway)

Bingo! I'm replying from my Samsung tablet.
I use Internet Explorer as my browser on my pc. I also have Firefox. I will be switching to that.
Thanks Rogue Jedi!

Mike.

#9 mxs

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 26 March 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is what i get when i hit the &quot;Quote&quot; button and then the &quot;More Reply Options&quot; button. Works with current Opera and Crome. If it doesn't work for you it's probably your browser.

Yes, my browser was the issue.
Thanks,

Mike.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

View Postmxs, on 26 March 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

Bingo! I'm replying from my Samsung tablet.
I use Internet Explorer as my browser on my pc. I also have Firefox. I will be switching to that.
Thanks Rogue Jedi!
Mike.

Internet Explorer, to be honest, is terribly bad as it is very susceptible to picking up internet viruses due to the way Microsoft writes the code (and the fact that it is the default browser). Not saying you're "that" much safer with firefox or other alternatives, but you'll definitely have fewer problems.

#11 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

For replying to a quote in IE11 you have to flip the top left switch in the reply box (which turns off all the fancy fonts, sizing, etc.), then hit the quote button on the quote you want in your reply.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users