#1 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

I think one core problem is the war over the center that the game forces on us. Lights will have to snag these batteries in the middle of the battle. Essentially, we end up with skirmish in the middle again. To avoid this, I think the bases should be off to the side. This means the main forces have a more direct path of attack while the lights have to fight over on the far side over the batteries.

For my example maps, Blue and Green are the two opposing bases while gold stars are the batteries. On Alpine I added pink lines to show how this changes how we fight over the map, and teal for the two key positions to protect the base

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

My alternate for River city is
Posted Image

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

I really love this idea. This wouldn't just help light but would promote a whole new area to fight in.

It would be nice to have 2 or even 3 different base locations per map. Look at alpine you could easily use the area around k4 where I can say I have never once fought in. Just by putting at bases at L3 and g4

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

Like it.

#5 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Here are some more options. I would be totally down with having multiple possible base locations, but I picked ones that I think work best. Separate circles are fobs with the mobile base generator. Basically a cluster of turrets with a protected gen. Mining has severay spots that require jumpjets. I did this because batteries need to last about twice as long to compensate for how long it takes to get them on big maps. So two of the battery spawns require jj's just to make it a bit more difficult.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also, that Frozen city set up should give battles like the old frozen city map

#6 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Great idea, posting so this gets bumped up and hopefully seen by devs.

#7 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Bumping it too. I think this could help with the mode in the way that if people just want to skirmish they could either go for the enemy base or the generators. When they split and the other team goes on one of the split groups they are done.

Add some more powerfull Towers (Radar, Jammer, Dropship) and it could become intersting.
Still wish for some Airstrike/Artillerie instead of the Dropship to compensate for missing firepower from the mechs that go collecting energie.

#8 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Interesting idea. As others have said though the batteries should give enough of an advantage to balance the loss of light mechs in the fight. Bases also shouldn't be so close that a base rush becomes the one best strategy (because that would again just be skirmush).

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Bump to the top as I think this would be really helpful.

If they wanted they could even keep what they had now and just add on these layouts. .

Edited by Monkey Lover, 31 March 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#10 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

I like it . .. just need the Batteries to have more meaning. Since a side could win even without getting a single battery

#11 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Bump for awesome!

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users