6 replies to this topic

#1 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

My unit did some testing and exploring today. We'll probably be doing some more soon.

Bug:
Kill counter not functioning in any drop attempted.

Possible Bug:

Victory Conditions:
  • Destroy the Enemy base (or)
  • Destroy all Enemy combatants and have a Base Damage advantage* (or)
  • Have a Base Damage advantage when the match timer expires
* Enemy Base has less health than your Team Base

Actual Victory conditions:
  • Destroy all Enemy combatants and have a Base Damage advantage AND do 1+ point damage to the enemy base after the enemy combatants have been defeated.
Detail: In every match we attempted this, after destroying the enemy team, someone had to go over to the enemy base and shoot the enemy base at least once (actually get the base damage advantage if necessary)
this was true under the following conditions:
  • Surviving team had Base Damage Advantage (had done more damage to enemy base)
  • Surviving team did not have Base Damage Advantage (had done less damage to enemy base)
  • Surviving team had equal Base Damage to defeated team.

Other observations:
  • Consider additional hit points for Wall sections. They come down a little too easily.
  • Consider additional Superior Defense Turrets on top of walls on HPG Manifold. We were able to just destroy one turret to get a down-firing position on the enemy base.
  • Defense towers should not be taller than their protective walls. I get the aesthetic, but the walls protect some scaffolding, but the easy-to-hit top of the towers were simply sniped and destroyed.
  • Consider sniping and LOS to the different base components.
  • Consider upping the reward values for light mechs charging batteries and defense towers. If they're getting those batteries, they're not doing as much fighting and so their end-of-game rewards can be significantly less.
May post more after additional testing.

Thanks for providing a new game mode - this one being more complex than the others, I think it has great potential. We really enjoyed the opportunity to check it out and provide feedback, and look forward to it being included in the mission line up.
Several of us also thought it would be a great option to work it in to Faction warfare.

#2 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

They could keep the towers tall and iconic but make the part where you destroy them from available only to be hit from inside the base ie behind the tower. This would prevent long range sniping from outside.

#3 Deltree Zero

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Nice work. O7

I'm in for some testing this evening (EST). See you there.

#4 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostMalrock, on 27 March 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

They could keep the towers tall and iconic but make the part where you destroy them from available only to be hit from inside the base ie behind the tower. This would prevent long range sniping from outside.

Another suggestion I heard that might be good is to put generators next to them that are the vulnerable parts (not the towers themselves), though that would make little actual sense.

To be fair, considering that the defense towers are worth so little in Cbills and GXP, I suppose it's fine to leave them tall and vulnerable.

#5 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

If the towers were more powerful and actually made the base unapproachable while active, they would have more value... as would the collecting of those power cells to feed them.. AS it is, even if they're active you can still be in the base killing things.. Would also make the functions of the towers more defense centric... ecm blanking and sat sweep dont do much to protect your base under attack. have those be side effects of certain towers being active with real defenses on them... Calliopes, bigger turrets, etc...

The concern about just killing all the mechs and ignoring the objectives is also valid and should be addressed.

#6 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostAylward, on 28 March 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

If the towers were more powerful and actually made the base unapproachable while active, they would have more value... as would the collecting of those power cells to feed them.. AS it is, even if they're active you can still be in the base killing things.. Would also make the functions of the towers more defense centric... ecm blanking and sat sweep dont do much to protect your base under attack. have those be side effects of certain towers being active with real defenses on them... Calliopes, bigger turrets, etc...

The concern about just killing all the mechs and ignoring the objectives is also valid and should be addressed.

http://www.sarna.net...Calliope_Turret

The Calliope might be over kill, but I like the direction you are going here. A mix of LL and Lrm turrets seems incredibly reasonable to me

#7 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I felt like all the base structures were way too easy to kill. I feel like their hp should be increased by at least a factor of 3.

I also feel like the reward for getting a battery is rather feeble. None of the three towers seem to give a boon to be worth the trouble.

Radar: this effect should be permanent while it is charged.
Act: the dropship should be more mobile. Also maybe have aerospace fighters do air strikes to those in range while the tower is active.
Jammer: Situationally useful depending on how you feel about ECM. I would rather see this functionality completely changed. Perhaps have some super turrets that activate while charged.

Regardless of what these towers ultimately do I feel they should start the match powered on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users