Looking For A Warden Wolf Unit

24 replies to this topic

#1 MW Joshua Wolf

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

No crusaders please. I realize I'm a lowly tier 5, but I'm much better in a coordinated team, and helping coordinate, and not afraid to "take one for the team" whenever required.

I'm an old-school B-Tech player, and these new-fangled computer gizmos are faster than me.

Seriously though, I'm a former Marine officer with some decent tactical skills. I don't brawl well, for a number of reasons, but I'm a solid player and I don't make too many stupid mistakes.

I play this game for fun and nostalgia, and would love to team up with some other wardens who feel the same..

Semper Fi..

Ben

Edited by MW Joshua Wolf, 29 March 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#2 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Try TAU, CWI, or Northern Wolves. Probably in that order. Their links are in the first post of the Wolf forums. Plus i'm sure they'll spam this post in no time.

#3 MW Joshua Wolf

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Thanks, I have seen those discussed in other threads, but wanted to see if there was any clear preference for the Warden perspective in any units out there.

I know there are a bunch of Vlad lovers out there,and I don' want to fall in with the wrong kinda crowd ;)

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

Actually just me. Those units and all other wolf units are warden. To save time just add thinkagain01 or Gabriel pheonix to your friend list and they'll take care of the rests. The scrubs at CWI will also take you(They are super filth warden so that should satisfy you)

Edited by Naglinator, 29 March 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#5 MW Joshua Wolf

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

Aff, Star Colonel. Bargained well and done!

#6 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

You know whos super into the warden ideaology? The inner sphere. Join us friend. (ONE OF US.... One Of Us.... one of us...)

#7 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

View Postnaterist, on 29 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

You know whos super into the warden ideaology? The inner sphere. Join us friend. (ONE OF US.... One Of Us.... one of us...)

Yeah the IS is also full of the suck.... http://i.imgur.com/b26bHbC.jpg

#8 MW Joshua Wolf

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

in truth, I ended up playing clan mechs more by accident than anything else after my trial period a few years ago, and the first thing I could afford to buy (in CB, wasn't spending any real coin at first) that worked for me was a mad-dog.

As a crappy new player, the only way to get enough damage and XP was with clan LRM's. Then banked up enough to get 2 more, then finally mastered them. By that point, once I finally spent some real money, I just figured I'd stick with clan.

I literally have 3 IS mechs, all Raven variants, all still in basic, but getting close to elite.

But I have 3 mastered Ebon Jags, 3 mastered Mad Dogs, 3 elite Shadow Cats, and 4 basic Kodiak on the way to elite.

And at least 12 mastered clan weapons and modules.

That's way too much XP &CB to just walk away from, and I have no coin to start buying up IS mechs.

If I had it to do over again? sure. In old-school B-Tech I was primarily Eriadani Light Horse (full RCT painted up)

So that leaves me a warden, sympathetic to the goals of the old SLDF and protecting the IS, but pretty much tied to the clans.

That, and my name. Kinda hard to play anything IS other than the dragoons when your Joshua Wolf.
(but hey, Natasha Kerensky was my girlfriend back when her looks were authentic)
(of course, I also died in 3015, so potentially not a plus...damn Marik's)

Edited by MW Joshua Wolf, 29 March 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

You can always join a merc unit, they use both clan and IS mechs. SWG-, AWOL(sorry guys for putting you two side-by-side), MS, whateves. It would fit your background better. Wolf loyalists are for either scrubs or for diehard lorehards.

#10 MW Joshua Wolf

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

never thought of that...

but... already signed for life, not worth the cost of backing out, man of my word and all that drek...

And I am a die-hard lore-fan, and the warden wolves were some of my favs. Also loved the Dragoons backstory.

But appreciate the advice all the same...

#11 Thinkagain01

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 73 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 29 March 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Try TAU, CWI, or Northern Wolves. Probably in that order. Their links are in the first post of the Wolf forums. Plus i'm sure they'll spam this post in no time.

I swear u must have this on copy n paste lad. Posted Image Again thank you for the mention. We have a few players who are retired military or still serving. If you want to pop in for a while just to see if you like the unit you are more then welcome. There is no pressure 2 join. Unlike certain IS surats Posted Image. It's all <3 in MWO
MW Joshua Wolf If you wish to join WTAU we will gladly accept you and all Wardens that wish to become part of a unit regardless of tier level.
PSCom Thinkagain01

#12 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostThinkagain01, on 29 March 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

I swear u must have this on copy n paste lad. Posted Image Again thank you for the mention. We have a few players who are retired military or still serving. If you want to pop in for a while just to see if you like the unit you are more then welcome. There is no pressure 2 join. Unlike certain IS surats Posted Image. It's all <3 in MWO
MW Joshua Wolf If you wish to join WTAU we will gladly accept you and all Wardens that wish to become part of a unit regardless of tier level.
PSCom Thinkagain01

I quite literally do.

#13 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostThinkagain01, on 29 March 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

PSCom Thinkagain01

He is looking for recruitment spotter fee's, better pay up. He accepts pictures of Vlad in all his glorious anger.

#14 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 29 March 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

He is looking for recruitment spotter fee's, better pay up. He accepts pictures of Vlad in all his glorious anger.

OMG YES
Posted Image

Edited by Naglinator, 29 March 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#15 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image

#16 Gabriel Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Tau Wolves are Warden. You are more than welcome to join us. I send you a unit invite.

#17 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

<S>

We are looking for new, active pilots who are willing to grow and learn with the unit. We are EST timezone with some of us being active throughout the day to most of us getting online around 6-7PM EST. Come check our discord out and shoot some with us. Best of luck.

https://discord.gg/ZmdZwH8

#18 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

I would add Sin to my customary message to new pups... but I plain just do not want to.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 29 March 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

The scrubs at CWI will also take you

whenever you are ready to accept my batchall,

#20 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 30 March 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

I would add Sin to my customary message to new pups... but I plain just do not want to.

Thats good, cause we can speak for our selves thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users