67 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Just do it already! Hire the ENTIRE MechWarrior Living Legends Team...or shut down PGI and give all the money and assets to them. Holy Sh*& I have been playing hours and hours of MWLL and its so much better than this hunk of junk. The MAPS alone are worth it. If you havent, GO DL IT NOW. How is it that a handful of enthusiasts made a better game than PGI? We don't want MORE AND MORE Mechpacks, what good is having a 350 Mech garage if you only have 6 or so maps and 3 or so modes! We WANT CONTENT! MAPS, MODES, ACTUAL CONTENT!!! How about you turn some modders lose?! I bet in ONE WEEK we would have several new maps, Solaris Arena 1v1 and 2v2, 4v4, Star vs Lance, Stock Quickplay, weight restriction drops, etc etc..you know, the stuff WE WANT.

Before you go doing whatever, yes I am a founder and have been here since the beginning. Yes, I have bought ALMOST every Mech pack to date because I LOVE MW and the BT Universe, but GODD%#$ man....GIVE US CONTENT!

#2 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

If it is so much better, why are you here instead of playing it?

#3 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostAkhri Mala, on 29 March 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

If it is so much better, why are you here instead of playing it?

Hard to give up on something I've invested almost $1000 in. I've invested $0 in MW:LL so it's easy to get off that.

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Hard to give up on something I've invested almost $1000 in. I've invested $0 in MW:LL so it's easy to get off that.

consider it lost cash, and the door is to your left, big green exit sign exclusive use for drama queens. Thanks for the waste of a thread

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

GIVE US CONTENT!

what more do these people want. I am over on the elite forums dying for actuall significant content and MWO players are still here crying. We got the civil war coming down the pipes + whatever else we got in store this year. Cry, Cry,

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 March 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#5 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

That "one day it will all have been worth it" moment hasn't come for me yet, either.

#6 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Does MWLL have more content that MWO?

#7 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 March 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

consider it lost cash, and the door is to your left, big green exit sign exclusive use for drama queens. Thanks for the waste of a thread

I've lasted this long, longer than you, I can stick it out. However us gamers (and consumers) need to stop accepting all this half baked crap. The player base has dwindled down to nothing, and will continue to dwindle. All the Mech Packs in the world wont bring in fresh players and bring old players back.

View PostXmith, on 29 March 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

I would say YES, it does.

#8 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostXmith, on 29 March 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

by death match and nothing else standards. Its a fine game but its just in the realm of stupidity that people even bring MWLL in the same league as MWO. as far as dev potential, MWO beats it hand down, but MWLL has some really nice functionality added. It has nothing in it that the founders clamored for that they bash MWO for, and end up being contradictory or hypocritical.

#9 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 29 March 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

That "one day it will all have been worth it" moment hasn't come for me yet, either.

The travesty is so many people keep telling me that. To hang in there just a whee bit longer, that there's new stuff coming. Then it's 6 month's later and all we have is 6 more Mechs to buy.

#10 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

I've lasted this long, longer than you, I can stick it out. However us gamers (and consumers) need to stop accepting all this half baked crap. The player base has dwindled down to nothing, and will continue to dwindle. All the Mech Packs in the world wont bring in fresh players and bring old players back.

You don't know how long I have been around, and not everybody was able to help found the game, but I put in more than my fair share of money for an individual. Second you don't know what the current population of players is. Third if you understood the first thing about programming anything, you wouldn't be making the comments you make; then if you knew the actually amount of time it takes and to be invested into the entire process you would make better statements about developing.

I know engineers, and people who, while they don't make games they work on various technologies. I myself and studying along the path to computer engineering myself, and while that is a broad term. I know when people don't know what they are talking about.

PGI has made blunders but we can't keep jumping back 2 years now can we

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 March 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#11 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 March 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

what more do these people want. I am over on the elite forums dying for actuall significant content and MWO players are still here crying. We got the civil war coming down the pipes + whatever else we got in store this year. Cry, Cry,

With less than 250 posts I am obviously not a drama queen, and with nearly 6,000 posts I would say you're some what of a keyboard commando. I am just frustrated at the lack of content in a game I waited so long for, and spent so much money on (more than most people spend on their computer).

#12 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

NO idea how a real business works guessing?

#13 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

With less than 250 posts I am obviously not a drama queen, and with nearly 6,000 posts I would say you're some what of a keyboard commando. I am just frustrated at the lack of content in a game I waited so long for, and spent so much money on (more than most people spend on their computer).

read my above statement. Then go read their command chairs and the development done last year and this year. Then go compare it to the development of other studios. They are not doing a bad job,as matter of fact with the recent developments I can say they done a good job.

Since your frustrated I am going to guess you are not actually looking at the content they produce. Rather you get something, then you want something more immediately. That is not how things work. And last, if your frustrated go release it somewhere else, nobody really wants to see or read it.

#14 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 March 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

You don't know how long I have been around, and not everybody was able to help found the game, but I put in more than my fair share of money for an individual. Second you don't know what the current population of players is. Third if you understood the first thing about programming anything, you wouldn't be making the comments you make; then if you knew the actually amount of time it takes and to be invested into the entire process you would make better statements about developing.

I know engineers, and people who, while they don't make games they work on various technologies. I myself and studying along the path to computer engineering myself, and while that is a broad term. I know when people don't know what they are talking about.

PGI has made blunders but we can't keep jumping back 2 years now can we

I really dont want to get in a pissing match. Anyone can take a look at the Leaderboards, Steam Charts, and get a feel for the player base by playing alot, like I do, and you run into the same people over and over again, often several times every 10 drops or so. We need more content man, thats undeniable. MW:LL is absolutely stunning for such a small team.

Edited by Quinn Allard, 29 March 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostCK16, on 29 March 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

probably, from what I am reading.

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

MW:LL is absolutely stunning for such a small team.

your joking? Take the blinders off dude and go actually look at the dev logs of MWLL.

#16 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostCK16, on 29 March 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Except I own and operate 3, how do you think I am able to piss away money on an uncompleted game every time there's a new Mech pack? If I promised my customers a product in one year, then took three years to produce and it was a hollow shell of what I initially promised I wouldn't be able to stay in business.

#17 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 29 March 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

If I promised my customers a product in one year, then took three years to produce and it was a hollow shell of what I initially promised I wouldn't be able to stay in business.

Except your gross exaggeration is nowhere near accurate.

yes there was a delay but it was about a year or so. having a business isn't the same as managing a dev studio. If you are developing something their is no guarantee that it will be ready at any specific date. All anyone can do is give estimates.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 March 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#18 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

"making off topic post that derail a discussion". Would be nice if the COC was followed, thank you. If you don't like the current conversation make a constructive post that leans in a new direction. Thanks for your co-operation carl.

main point is, hiring the MWLL guys most likely wouldn't make much difference.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 March 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#20 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 March 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

"making off topic post that derail a discussion". Would be nice if the COC was followed, thank you. If you don't like the current conversation make a constructive post that leans in a new direction. Thanks for your co-operation carl

Lol, this thread is going to Ktown, how was the last month for you? Seemed a bit quiet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users