Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

April Fools :D

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

its still kind of cute if it was sold as a flash drive.

i really wish they would get the bulkiness of the high performance graphics cards down, i want to trim a half of a cubic foot off my next case.

#4 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 01 April 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

its still kind of cute if it was sold as a flash drive.

i really wish they would get the bulkiness of the high performance graphics cards down, i want to trim a half of a cubic foot off my next case.

they have small 1080s for micro cases... so you have to pay a little more and get slightly worse performance due to increased thermal throttling, but small cards are available.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 15 April 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

they have small 1080s for micro cases... so you have to pay a little more and get slightly worse performance due to increased thermal throttling, but small cards are available.

the tis should be available by the time i build my next rig. im probibly going to keep the same case (coolermaster elite 110). i think the coolers some of these cards use are kind of way over spec, its mostly to impress the kind of people who use water cooling and cases bigger than the apollo guidance computer (i often compare these types to the people who put an aftermarket spoiler on their car).

but the fact is both nvidia and intel are going the efficiency route. parts are sucking less power and still giving an uptick in performance. efficiency is up, power consumption is down, tdp is down and theres less heat than previous generations of technology (my old core 2 quad can heat a room). those oversize coolers come out of the marketing department, not the engineering department. they probibly do lower the clocks, but there is probibly no harm ticking it back up since they really stack on the cooling to an absurd level.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 April 2017 - 02:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users