• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Playstyle: Casual/Competitive
Playtimes: Primarily 8PM-UTC EST/EDT Daily.
Roles to fill: All welcome.
Unit Size: 49 Active Pilots. We define an active pilot as a member that participates in at least one monthly event.
TeamSpeak: StranaMechty.info PW: StranaMechty

The Smoke Adders (Theta Galaxy of Clan Star Adder) represent an inclusive approach to casual and competitive gaming in the Mech Warrior franchise; we are a Clan-lore based organization that savages our foes and works with our pilots to be the best.

We value a team-play approach that welcomes disciplined initiative, and tactically patient but aggressive play style. We maintain a casual environment that strives to enjoy the game, but recognize that in the competitive spirit of things, winning takes practice and effort and put time into that facet of the game as well.

We promote a mature environment that does call for a good sense of humor but we do not do l33t-sp34k, "ggclose" or poor sportsmanship in general. Win or lose, we do not see the need for trash talk and being great at this game does not require an ego.

If you are interested in a Clan-lore based organization that:
  • is not a threat of becoming a second job
  • adheres to facets of the Clan-canon such as Trials of Position, Zelbrigen duels, Grand Melee and other Clan style events
  • believes that highly organized, synergistic game play is more important than the "meta" (whatever it may be)
  • can embrace the fun of casual four mans and then turn on a dime to conduct 12-man competitive play
  • runs dedicated practices and scrimmages against other units both to prep for competitive play and to just have fun

For those who completed their ToP/ToE in another unit, that will expedite your vetting with us. Additionally, those wishing to apply as a small group will be able to maintain their sub-unit (Star, Binary) identity if they wish it.

We strive for quality people over quantity,care about pilot development, getting better as a unit and actually enjoying the game without drama.

Note: We have been bouncing around various factions to mix it up in the short term. We will always be a clan based unit.

Edited by BanditB17, 03 April 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

Looking to start a 3rd MRBC team for season 9 ASAP!

If interested in an E div/entry level team please msg me.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Smoke Adders, currently involved in its third season of MRBC and other great competitive events are still looking for talented players of all tiers/levels of experience.

We already have enough interest to form a third team, so whether you're completely new to the competitive scene and wish to dip your toes in something like MRBC's entry divisions (Divisions E1 or E2), have the experience or pugstar skill to try a more mid-tier division, or wish to try out for our Division B/C squad or in the MWO World Championship of 2017 for one of our teams, take a look at:

SmokeAdders.com

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 15 April 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

We typically run a 373 focused group (practicing for Division B), 1-2 groups playing with the 505th (practicing for Div E or running general groups) and another group or two casually among the 502nd guys. We run the gamut.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 16 April 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

We are looking specifically at a handful of strong candidates to help us stand up our eventual C/D "mid-group" team that will start with MRBC season 10.

While most teams have locked in the starters on their rosters, we still are looking for quality players that have an interest in comp play, whether it's tryhards looking for DIV B play, mid-group players or those who want to try out the entry level division to get a taste for what competitive level play is all about. Our Div E-team still have opportunities to play in comp this season potentially.

#6 Idgit Galoot

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

I might be interested in joining. I've never been in a competitive unit but I am looking to start.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostIdgit Galoot, on 28 April 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

I might be interested in joining. I've never been in a competitive unit but I am looking to start.

What times do you typically have time to play?

We have (not mandatory) events 5+ nights a week currently, usually a practice, an MRBC session, a Trial of Position or some other excuse to gig around in groups from around 8:30 PM EST to till around 11:00 PST (our west coasters keep it going late for us). Stop by the Clan Hub TS and look for the Smoke Adder's section just below the entry way:

http://imgur.com/a/0HjD9

Guys with SA tags will be glad to add ya to a group to run matches etc, no commitment to apply to the unit.

The Clan Hub information (it's a 512 person TS server open to all for use):

IP = StranaMechty.info
pw = StranaMechty

#8 Idgit Galoot

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

I'm closer to the west coast so that's good. I'm online usually 4-5 nights a week 9-12pm MST. I will look for you guys next time I get online. Thanks.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

Saturday is our lowest pop night. Tomorrow night we will have close to 30 on for ToP, MRBC prep and one of our teams has a match tomorrow night. Monday should be similar. So there will definitely be guys running some side groups as well.

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostIdgit Galoot, on 28 April 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Come find us!

Always looking for more comp players to get gud with!

#11 Idgit Galoot

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Let me know what days are best and what sub channel to join, I don't want to interrupt a competitive match. I hate being that guy...

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostIdgit Galoot, on 01 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Let me know what days are best and what sub channel to join, I don't want to interrupt a competitive match. I hate being that guy...

-SA- always locks the channel for a comp drop. Not to worry. I've come recently, they're a fun group to play with, folks on most nights.

#13 Mortuuse

Rookie

• The Stalker
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

i wish to join up. love doing drops with big groups in faction play.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostMortuuse, on 04 May 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

i wish to join up. love doing drops with big groups in faction play.

Mortuuse, while we do run FP groups casually, this forum is advertising for people interested in joining units for league competitive play at some level.

You are absolutely welcome to come drop with and see if we're a fit for you, but I just wanted to clarify that this isn't a FP related recruiting forum. If that's your primary game mode interest (it's not ours, because PGI hasn't made it relevant yet and the mode has alot less players than group queue), I'd encourage you to look for a unit in the thread called Hiring Hall in the Faction Play section:

https://mwomercs.com...94-hiring-hall/

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

While we're always on the hunt for high quality talent and those interested in the competitive scene (even first timers), Smoke Adders are specifically looking for a dedicated light pilot to join us this season. Total transparency here, you might not make the starting roster for the last half of this season, but any interested player looking for Division B/C level play is encouraged to apply. If a strong enough light pilot, you'll earn the starter's spot, fighting in four drops for our remaining matches this season!

Additionally, working with us now will set you up for our MWOWC team(s) at the outset, meaning you'll be ready to go this Spring/Summer in pursuit of a trip to Mechcon in Vancouver in December!

#16 AftieI

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hi, I'm an old player returning to the game, and I'm interested in getting into competitive play. I can play most nights, usually from 8-10 pm EST to 2am or so. I admit i am rather rusty, though I'm getting back into it in the few days i've returned. I mostly play heavies/assaults, but I understand the general tactics for the various weight classes and i can do work in lights and mediums. I need to ask if having ~150 ping to NA servers is an issue, I live in Hawaii so there isn't much I can do about my Ping.

#17 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Not an issue as we have EU and AP members and friends who play with us.

If you can handle the ping and fight your best, we can definitely deal with it.

We have events every night this week and you're welcome to drop in anytime to drop with us, no requirement to apply just to do drops with us....see if we're a fit and you can make the decision to join or not later. We're a mix of East to West Coast players, so the timezones might be your biggest challenge but stop by either way and we'll help you knock the rust off (especially since you seem to have some serious available game time! :P )

#18 AftieI

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Is the TS info posted further up still valid? Ill see if i can sneak by tonight after work if so.

#19 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

We host the Community's Clan Teamspeak Hub, open to all Clan units (and friends):

StranaMechty.info

pw = StranaMechty

#20 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

Interested

Played RHOD season 1-2 with Jade Wolf
We were top 3 team at the time
May be able to wrestle up some of the fellas as well