Joystick Comparison

11 replies to this topic

#1 Zoex

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joy stick I used for MW4 Mercs. It seems to do the job well enough, but i've only used a few different sticks in my time.

Can anyone give me an idea of how it's performance in terms of accuracy and response stacks up against, lets say, the Thrustmaster T16000, or any others you may have used?

#2 Keldun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostZoex, on 21 July 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joy stick I used for MW4 Mercs. It seems to do the job well enough, but i've only used a few different sticks in my time.

Can anyone give me an idea of how it's performance in terms of accuracy and response stacks up against, lets say, the Thrustmaster T16000, or any others you may have used?

My ff2 motors seems to have died over time, so I moved from a ff2 as well to a thrustmaster warthog which use similar halleffect sensor than the t16k. And I find the thrustmaster to be more precise than what my old worn ff2 was. I didn't find any response problem with both. Another advantage of those halleffect sensor seems to be that they dont wear out like the motors of the ff2.

#3 freewindgriffin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

i trust the logitech extreme 3D pro its great to use for mechwarrior 4 mercenaries so if i were you id give it a try

#4 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

There is a really good thread on joysticks out there...go and search it (sorry I am just too lazy to provide a link)

#5 Zoex

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

I looked at the round up and read through the comments, Hogarth didn't mention the FF2 in the comparison. Alot of people said they really liked their FF2 sticks, as do I. But as I said, I've only tried out a couple.

I just want to know if there is something better.

#6 StORmTrAin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm a lefty and used a Saitek Cyborg for years. I would always break the trigger button though and have to go get another. More recently I purchased a Thrustmaster T16000. It needs more buttons up top IMO but so far it works fine. I haven't used it alot since I got it so I cannot really comment on it's durability however, it does seem to be a more durable stick than the Cyborg.

#7 Zoex

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

My friend gave me his cyborg when it started drifting after a couple months of use. I have yet to look at it since I didn't really like it compared to my FF2.

#8 Keldun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostZoex, on 21 July 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

I looked at the round up and read through the comments, Hogarth didn't mention the FF2 in the comparison. Alot of people said they really liked their FF2 sticks, as do I. But as I said, I've only tried out a couple.

I just want to know if there is something better.

If yours is still working well (no sudden loss and regain of force or loose feedback), I suspect there is not much point in upgrading. I don't think any of the joystick around the 40-80 $ range would be a clear upgrade to it. And higher priced joystick would be kinda wasted if you only use them on mw since most of their functions may not be used.

Edited by Keldun, 21 July 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#9 Zoex

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

I mentioned the T16000 because by all accounts I have read it is a very accurate and reliable, if basic, stick. I want my primary control to be as spot on as possible.

#10 Astara

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...930#entry614930

Nuff said

#11 Koolance

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

My MSFF2 is still working very well after nearly 10 years. The centering tension may feel too strong or too weak in some games, and in those cases, I just disable force feedback in the Windows registry. I also have a T.16000M and X-52 Pro, but the MSFF2 is still my number one choice.

#12 Zoex

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

That's the kind of comparison I was looking for. I think I'm just going to buy some pedals and try to fix this cyborg instead of buying new stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users