You Shoved The Battlemechs Threads Into Archives?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

Seriously?

Hidden away in Archives... the most useful threads in this forum?

Archives!?

Geezus.

https://mwomercs.com...m/507-archives/

#2 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

This is indeed horrible ! I was looking for Urbanmech build thread in this section but couldn't find the sub forum...

It is really a loss for news players who want to ask questions or find new loadouts !

#3 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

I sense a bungled April Fools joke...as dumb as that sounds, what else makes any sense?

We have a game about mechs and customizing those mechs, let's not have a mech build forum...

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostMechLord71, on 02 April 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

I sense a bungled April Fools joke...as dumb as that sounds, what else makes any sense?

We have a game about mechs and customizing those mechs, let's not have a mech build forum...

I think it is just further confirmation that PGI has given up on trying to help new players, because there are no new players in appreciable numbers.

They put in the Academy a part of the steam push and then promptly abandoned that push (save for a steam pack sale). They put forth a skills tree that will be a nightmare for the NPE and when called out on that fact all they were exclusively concerned with the issue of compensating whales and module buyers for their past investment...not one word directed to the NPE issue.
Now the forums being redesigned to take nearly all content and threads specific to the NPE and hide them in the archives.

One of these things would be enough to convince me that PGI doesn't much care about the NPE; all of them (and others) viewed together suggests to me that in PGI's eyes there is no NPE, thus no reason to bother with it.

I'll be damned if I can think of any other rationale for all this.

#5 Nephologist

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Yeah this was a terrible idea to move these from the front page. These are probably some of the most useful threads on the whole forum, why would you hide these in the Archives?

#6 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Here at PGI, we have our Business consultant do our forum re-organizing.
Does it not shine of professionalism?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users