All Regions

37 replies to this topic

#21 Iron Kilo

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

If you are interested in joining, come to our TS and look for me.

TS: 96.47.236.79
PW: metagame

Edited by Iron Kilo, 15 April 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#22 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

How much of a time commitment are you guys looking for?

#23 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

All of our teams compete in which ever running comp leagues are going at the time. This usually means lots of practice and scrims plus comp matches almost every week. I can't speak for any other units of the 228th except the Swamp Foxes, but in the SF, players are expected to make a minimum of one practice a week and all competitive matches. Those who show skill and tend to make every practice usually are used in the competitive drops.

So there is certainly a time commitment involved. How much commitment you give usually has a direct impact on much play time you get in the competitive matches.

#24 Stryder67

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

On your forum page, the recruitment notice said all recruits have to pay the unit cost for joining. What is that?

#25 El Switchblade

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 87 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

From what I've heard they ask for one of the following: A. Small piece of your soul. B. 3rd born child (who needs 3) C. 4 coconuts.

#26 Anatoly Kerensky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostEl Switchblade, on 18 April 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

From what I've heard they ask for one of the following: A. Small piece of your soul. B. 3rd born child (who needs 3) C. 4 coconuts.

Apart from that there is also the issue of the C-Bill cost of taking on a new member to the in-game unit (for 228th that's currently around 8,5 million C-Bills). You are expected to reimburse that cost. I wouldn't worry too much about this, because it is dwarfed by the amounts of C-Bills you are likely going to spend in lobby games over time anyway.
TL;DR: Becoming a part of 228th will make you poor, but happy. Posted Image

#27 Stryder67

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostAnatoly Kerensky, on 18 April 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Apart from that there is also the issue of the C-Bill cost of taking on a new member to the in-game unit (for 228th that's currently around 8,5 million C-Bills). You are expected to reimburse that cost. I wouldn't worry too much about this, because it is dwarfed by the amounts of C-Bills you are likely going to spend in lobby games over time anyway.
TL;DR: Becoming a part of 228th will make you poor, but happy. Posted Image

Spend in lobby games? Im just returning so not sure where we have to spend Cbills for games -.-

#28 Anatoly Kerensky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

Technically you don't HAVE to. But let's look at it like this:

One cool shot is 40.000 C-Bills. Let's assume you are doing lobby games, you are doing about a drop every five minutes, and you are using one cool shot in each of those games. That would be a rate of 240.000 C-Bills an hour.
Let's assume you would do this for 5 hours a week which covers unit training, comp games and just a little bit of extra practice 1v1/2v2 and you are looking at about 5 million C-Bills per month.

Individual experience may vary. Personally I could easily buy a brand new assault mech every month with what I spend in lobbies. Posted Image

Edited by Anatoly Kerensky, 18 April 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#29 Kirito Kerenksy

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

"228th Pilots caught using LRMs or SSRMs will be expelled from the unit immediately with a complimentary SWOL application"
Posted Image
Absolutely savage

Edited by Story Time, 24 May 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#30 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostIron Kilo, on 15 April 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

If you are interested in joining, come to our TS and look for me.

TS: 96.47.236.79

New Teamspeak info.

TS: 216.155.157.34

#31 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#32 Whiskiz

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSTRAYA

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hey guys, accidentally posted here on an old alt account. Deleted msg and starting again.

Are you guys still recruiting? Aussie pilot here looking to get back into the game both coordinated team play and competitive. Even though i'm Aussie timezone the times i can play can be flexible.

Feel free to msg me on here, add me in game, or just come around my place. :P

Cheers!

#33 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostWhiskiz, on 08 November 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Hey guys, accidentally posted here on an old alt account. Deleted msg and starting again.

Are you guys still recruiting? Aussie pilot here looking to get back into the game both coordinated team play and competitive. Even though i'm Aussie timezone the times i can play can be flexible.

Feel free to msg me on here, add me in game, or just come around my place. Posted Image

Cheers!
Hey, afaik the 228th is always happy to recruit. Best bet is to come to our TS. After 9pm Mondays (Oceania practice) & 9pm Fridays (drunk night) you will find many of the of the 226 Wild Ones online. Look for the red squares.

#34 Roh Zero

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Hi, I´m an european pilot who wants to play again competitive game. Are the Golden Talons still recruiting? if so whats the TS server??

#35 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

View PostTheB33f, on 11 April 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

228th Pilots caught using LRMs or SSRMs ...

So ATMs are a go then?

#36 KingfisherONE

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

Hello,

Havent done a whole lot of group play outside running with a couple of buds in PUB matches. I am comfortable in light or medium Mechs. Looking to try my hand at team play....

#37 HDMan

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Are you guys still looking? I've played mech games since MW2 and played competitively long ago in MRBC MW4. I'm coming off a very long break but the spark has re-ignited. I'm looking for a unit that is large enough that there are folks online to group up with and potentially work myself up the line. I'm in NA PST timezone...

#38 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

New recruits are no longer required to pay the cbills to the coffers since we have nearly a billion already in the coffers and PGI still has of yet to give us a real way of spending the cbills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users