ISN News Flash

22 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Thur. Dec 15, 3048: FoI advocates demand release of classified documents surrounding alleged “war” between ComStar & MIIO from 3034-44.

#2 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

(blink... blink-blink) What?! Yeah, that's right, I'm a BT TT vet, and I said WHAT?! Ghost? Help, please?

#3 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Probably one of the "sercret wars" that the intellegence services fought against each other in espionage/counter-espionage settings. ROM vs MIIO, interesting.

And I'm guessing FoI stand for Freedom of Information?

Edited by Skwisgaar Skwigelf, 15 December 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

This one doesn't exactly require a whole ton of backstory, but it helps if you know what happened during the Warrior Trilogy novels. In the lead-up to the Fourth Succession War, several important discoveries about ComStar were made, but not necessarily by the same parties:
  • The existence of ComStar's intelligence branch, ROM, was finally made widely known. While this was not a surprise to many, the pervasiveness and quality of ComStar's surveillance was an enormous blow to its credibility with the Inner Sphere's leaders.
  • After the discovery of ROM came the further revelation that ComStar had been instrumental in hampering efforts of the Inner Sphere to recover from the severe loss of technology after the Succession Wars. The creation of NAIS was seen as a threat to ComStar's interest in maintaining an Inner Sphere bereft of advanced technology that was not under ComStar control. Their assault on NAIS while disguised as Liao commandos revealed their goals.
  • The discovery of the Com Guards automatically elevated ComStar from a neutral communications agency into a threat to the entire Inner Sphere.
On top of all of this, during the Fourth Succession War the Federated Suns was placed under interdiction by ComStar, preventing any communication from going in or out. This rapidly disrupted just about every facet of life and earned ComStar the unending dislike of the ruling Prince Hanse Davion. Towards the end of the war he directed the MIIO, which was now under the control of his close friend Justin Allard, to conduct a covert counter-intelligence war against ROM to remove their influence from the Federated Suns. Despite the fact that Prince Davion eventually came to an agreement with ComStar to end their interdiction, the shadow war would continue until the ComStar Schism that removed ComStar's overtly hostile element. (It turned out to be prescient -- ComStar's attempted coup in 3052 was entirely prevented in the Federated Suns thanks to MIIO's efforts.)

Edited by Ghost, 15 December 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#5 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Okay, yes, I remember reading about all of that, now. Well done, and thank you, again.

#6 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

I really don't like ComStar... they should be completely obliterated from the face of the Sphere

#7 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Well...I guess it's time to get into my Shadow Hawk and killed the whole of Comstar...Just like Master Cheif would do.

#8 Battlefield

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBerlin - Germany

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

Who the heck ever loved a phone company? :)

#9 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hold on... hold your horses people... SOME of us actually do like the ComStar.

If it had not been for the ComStar, we, the Free Rasalhague Republic, would potentialy not have even excisted (not from a lack of trying mind you) in any other form then under the oppressive rule of the Draconis Combine. So as such, we are back where we should have been if it had not been for the Draconis Combines unprovoked and virtually unlawful attack on, and subsequent conquest off, the peacful people of the Rasalhague Consortium in 2330.

(Then of course... do not fail to remember that if it had not been for the ComStar, all of us... all of YOU would potentually have been living under the rule of the Clans. ComStar halted the Clans advancement into Inner Sphere terratory by winning the battle at Tukayyid. And as such has given all of you the ability to rebuild, refocus, and prepare your self, for when the Clan eventually restart their attempt to conquer the Inner Sphere. And of course, ComStar at this time also helped us, the FRR, in rebuilding what little we had left, bolstering our forces with much needed equipment and war material, such as Mechs, for the coming years battles. Of course... I should really not be saying this... because it has actually not happened yet... but still... it helps reminding people of their future... :))

#10 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostGrimm Wulf, on 15 December 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

Hold on... hold your horses people... SOME of us actually do like the ComStar.

If it had not been for the ComStar, we, the Free Rasalhague Republic, would potentialy not have even excisted (not from a lack of trying mind you) in any other form then under the oppressive rule of the Draconis Combine. So as such, we are back where we should have been if it had not been for the Draconis Combines unprovoked and virtually unlawful attack on, and subsequent conquest off, the peacful people of the Rasalhague Consortium in 2330.

(Then of course... do not fail to remember that if it had not been for the ComStar, all of us... all of YOU would potentually have been living under the rule of the Clans. ComStar halted the Clans advancement into Inner Sphere terratory by winning the battle at Tukayyid. And as such has given all of you the ability to rebuild, refocus, and prepare your self, for when the Clan eventually restart their attempt to conquer the Inner Sphere. And of course, ComStar at this time also helped us, the FRR, in rebuilding what little we had left, bolstering our forces with much needed equipment and war material, such as Mechs, for the coming years battles. Of course... I should really not be saying this... because it has actually not happened yet... but still... it helps reminding people of their future... :))

because you rasahagues were not strong enough to stand for your own.

Hiding behind Comstar.. tzz

#11 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostAndar89, on 15 December 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

because you rasahagues were not strong enough to stand for your own.

Hiding behind Comstar.. tzz

I can give you "not strong enough", because that was partly true. But hiding you say?! Hah! We where there at the forefront of the battle, losing or not, not trained enough, or strong enough, we where still there fighting. Yes we lost almost all of our planets, and we lost the majority of our battles. But we are still here, we are still growing. And we will always be here and fight for our freedom to be our own nation, on our own terms, free of being occupied by otheres.

If that means by getting help from others, so be it, there is nothing dishonourable about asking for help. If anything it's dishonourable not to. Dishonourable to your own people, and your self, to think that the only valid way is to go at it alone. It shows just how strong our will is to be free, to be our own people and nation.

Edited by Grimm Wulf, 15 December 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#12 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

The news refers to Hanse Davions attempt to get rid of ROM-agents within the Federated Suns after the 4th war. The event is covered in the Com Star Sourcebook.

#13 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

On the grand scale, one that perhaps could be considered ComStar's default view of the Inner Sphere, most conflicts settled on any given battlefield are, relatively speaking, quite trivial and petty. Far more influence and, ultimately, territory has been gained as the result of Machiavellian machinations in dark alleys and the back halls of political houses than from the cockpit of a mech. Truth, friends.

#14 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

The Wolves of War will never go silently into the night. We are they that watch you as you cower around the fires. We are they whose eys you feel upon your soul. We are they who favor you with our presence. We are they who shall grace you with glorious death at the twitch of our finger. And grant you the peace of releasing you from service.

Yup... Motivational speeches... Dont they make you happy inside?

#15 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

That's actually very well-written and I like it.

#16 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for that. Im an old fan of the old Wolves faction. Damned are those that scattered them to the winds time and again. But all in all. I plan on my Char being a merc that had ties with them a long time ago. Therefore watch or the sniper style TWs running around... It probably me.

#17 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

Black agents only "motivate" me to audit my accounts and inventory my stockpiles. (As well as review the resume's of all my techs and pilots.)

#18 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

heh heh heh. I am in no way a Black Agent. Simply a man with a happy trigger finger that enjoys having some leisurely cash laying around so when I'm not fighting. I'm on some core world wrapped in a beautiful womans arms. And I dont beleive in "Stealing" equipment. I beleive in. "If I blew it off you its no longer yours" Aquisitions.

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

"Eh eh eh! That's not yours. You may leave the battlefield, but that stays with me. What's that you say? You can't leave the battlefield, either? Well, I guess you stay with me, as well."

#20 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

Exactly Kay. See, if you thought I made that up theres another follower of the law of salvaging. We need T-shirts i swear it T.T

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users