How Many Clan Lore Units Are There Left?

15 replies to this topic

#1 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Out of curiosity, how many Clan Units that are considering BT Lore important factor are still playing MWO?

#2 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

CGBI is still active.

#3 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Clan Burrock is still around, but we're splitting our time between MWO and several other games.

#4 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

If you mean still playing the game, there's quite a few. If you mean playing CW specifically, not a lot from what I've seen.

#5 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

It was general question as adherence to BT lore is probably individual in each Unit.

#6 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Wish I could give you an exact number but at least a few per Clan. Each of them will fight over who does lore better but overall they all do it pretty poorly.

#7 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Clan Coyote International [CCI] is still trying to grow. I do hope with the arrival of Clan Decals for May, it will inspire more people to make Homeworld Clan units.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 31 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Clan Decals are in the works, hoping for May release as indicated in the tweetgrabs up there. This set will feature (at least):

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

I want us to keep rolling out additional Clan/Merc Decals in the future, but at the moment these are the only ones I can safely guarantee. The artists are at full capacity with other tasks at the moment so I'll be taking care of the Decals listed above when time allows, based heavily on the original designs. If anyone is wondering why these can't be thrown together for April - or why May isn't a full guarantee - it's because the Decals need to be redrawn and iterated a few times to work well with the Decal system.
So making the initial emblem may be fairly straightforward, but it needs to be tested in the Decal system and adjusted a few times over. Testing a Decal on larger 'Mechs with more surface area is pretty easy, but smaller 'Mechs are the real test-case.
I'll do my best to make sure the Decals are as faithful as possible while remaining readable at various sizes.

Here's a peek at the Clan Coyote Decal, still in the iteration phase. Went for an Alpha Galaxy-style pattern for the Adder and paired the Coyote Decal with the Dagger Star to try for an Alpha Galaxy emblem on the leg.

Posted Image

#8 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Glad to see they're putting in stuff for the clans not in the game. Clan Nova Cat ftw!

#9 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

The 12th Bear Guards adheres to BT lore. We hold and conduct multiple trials and rituals and ingrain the lore into our cadets. We are great supporters of the lore through and through.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 06 April 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#10 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

Black Market Flourishes, the Bandit Caste holds the Founders Dream, humanity isnt ready yet.

#11 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

View PostWill9761, on 05 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Clan Coyote International [CCI] is still trying to grow. I do hope with the arrival of Clan Decals for May, it will inspire more people to make Homeworld Clan units.

Have to agree once Clans get all of their other clans decals in the game i think some may arise.

#12 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostScreamingSkull, on 05 April 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Glad to see they're putting in stuff for the clans not in the game. Clan Nova Cat ftw!

Every time I see a random person praise us Nova cats, I cannot help but wonder where they were when we were active and trying to recruit. Note "trying." -_-

#13 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

79th Raptor Talon Cluster does a fair bit of lore. Not quite as much as some, but a lot more than many.
Jade Falcon loyalist unit for any interested in joining.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Theta Galaxy of Clan Star Adder - aka Smoke Adders has lore integrated into our unit.

We conduct Trials of Position with new members (after they've passed the vote for entry), hold Trials of Bloodright/Bloodname and generally maintain a nod to our CSA fictional heritage if you will.

We also have two teams involved in competitive play via MRBC and the WC (next season will be three teams) and routinely run 20+ pilots a night (save Saturdays, traditionally, our slowest nights).

We keep track of our pilot achievements via a ribbon/codex system as well, just for flavor.

In the end, the game itself for balance reasons isn't skewed to be terribly strict in it's leanings towards the BT lore, but you can keep the lore-flavor going with minimal effort.

#15 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I believe Clan Wolf International is still intact.

#16 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Clan Diamond Shark still exists.

We have never fought in IS space.

Edited by DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa, 30 April 2017 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users